Enjoy this fresh guava smoothie made with pineapple, mango, and light coconut milk! This ultra-refreshing drink is filled with sweet tropical flavors and is completely vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and refined sugar-free!
This easy guava smoothie recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make and it’s packed with delicious flavors! Imagine you are on the beach, sipping this drink, and listening to the soft waves of the ocean —that’s where the flavors of this fresh guava smoothie take you! This is the perfect summer drink: a healthy dairy-free guava mocktail! (If you want a full-on summer cocktail, check out my Strawberry Watermelon Frosé Recipe or Rosé Sangria —they’re so delish!)
Not only does guava taste great, but is filled with incredible nutrients! Here are a few Guava benefits:
- High In Vitamin A, C, and E -more vitamin C than oranges! (source)
- High In Antioxidants– specifically lycopene and phytonutrients that helps to repair cell damage and reduce inflammation. (source)
- High In Fiber – helps relieve constipation (source)
- High In Potassium– helps improve heart health (source)
- Low In Calories – with high fiber and low calories it may help in weight loss. (source)
Here’s What You Need To Make This Tropical Guava Smoothie Recipe
- Fresh Guava: Guava is ready to use when the outside is slightly soft. If they are rock-hard the guava is not ripe and is not ready to use. I recommend scooping the seeds out of the guava before adding it to your smoothie so that they do not interfere with the texture of your smoothie. (The seeds are extremely hard and difficult to chew.)
- Frozen Pineapple: Make sure to use frozen unsweetened pineapple chunks.
- Frozen Mango: Make sure to use frozen unsweetened mango chunks.
- Light Coconut Milk: I like light coconut milk from the can. It helps to achieve a super creamy texture and the coconut flavor makes the smoothie taste even more tropical. You can use any non-dairy milk of your choice.
- Agave Syrup: A small amount of agave syrup is used to sweeten the smoothie. You can also use maple syrup, honey, or omit the sweetener if you like.
How To Make A Guava Smoothie
Making a guava smoothie is super easy. Start by slicing the guava in half and removing the seeds. Then place the sliced guava and remaining ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth! Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
How To Tell When Guava Is Ripe?
Ripe guava will be slightly soft to the touch when you squeeze it. The skin is typically green and becomes slightly yellow-green when ripe. Avoid guava that has any dark blemishes or bruising, which could mean the guava has gone bad.
Guava flesh can vary in color. Some have deep red flesh to pink flesh and some have white flesh. The ones I found at my local grocery store had white flesh.
Can You Eat Guava Skin?
All parts of guava are edible, including the skin, flesh, and seeds. Some choose to remove the seeds and enjoy the flesh as the seeds are hard to chew.
What Fruit Goes Well With Guava?
Guava is a tropical fruit belonging to the myrtle family. It pairs well with pineapple, strawberry, mango, coconut, citrus fruits, and any tropical fruit.
Tropical Pineapple Guava Smoothie
I hope you enjoy this Guava Smoothie Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
If You Love This Tropical Guava Smoothie, You’ll Want To Check Out These Delicious Healthy Smoothie Recipes Next!
- Spirulina Smoothie | (11g of Plant-based Protein!)
- Tropical Papaya Detox Smoothie
- Watermelon Chocolate Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie
- Moringa Papaya Smoothie
- Healthy Hydrating Apricot Smoothie
- Sea Moss Smoothie
- Soursop Smoothie Recipe
- Cantaloupe Juice (Quick and Easy!)
Tropical Guava Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1 cup Frozen Mango Chunks
- 3/4 cup Guava, seeds removed and sliced (about 4 guavas)
- 1 1/4 cup Light Coconut Milk (preferably from the can), or Non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup, plus more as desired
- Prepare the guava by cutting each in half and removing the seeds. Measure out 3/4 cup fresh sliced guava, approximately 4-5 guavas.
- Place the sliced guava and remaining smoothie ingredients into a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more agave as desired.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Enjoy!