Rich, creamy Golden Milk made in 5-minutes with nutrient-rich turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, coconut milk, and a few other ingredients. Give your body a nutrient boost with this delicious drink.
Golden Milk or Turmeric milk is a nutrient-rich drink comprised of turmeric, coconut milk, cinnamon, and a few other spices. It is lauded for its incredible health benefits due to its key ingredient Turmeric.
What are the Health Benefits of Turmeric Milk?
- Turmeric is full of antioxidants that help to fight off disease and infections in the body.
- Turmeric, couples with the ginger, and cinnamon used to make this drink help reduce inflammation in the body, especially in the joints.
- Turmeric has powerful medicinal properties and is heavily used in Ayurvedic Medicine.
- There have been studies that show curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric may help lower the risk of cancer.
- Studies have also shown that curcumin may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
Golden (Turmeric) Milk Benefits
Because turmeric is a nutrient-rich powerhouse and is coupled with cinnamon, ginger in this drink, you receive a ton of benefits, including:
- Boosts your immune system
- improves brain health
- Improves mood
- improves heart health
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improve skin health
Try making a Golden Milk Latte. It’s:
Can be served hot or cold
What do you need to make a Golden Milk (Turmeric) Latte?
- Canned Coconut Milk: works best. But if you do not have canned coconut milk on hand, you can use carton coconut milk or any other non-dairy milk.
- Non-dairy Milk: I’ve made this golden milk with almond milk and oat milk. Both options work great! You can use any of your favorite non-dairy milk.
- Ground Turmeric: The key ingredient here. The recipe calls for 1 ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric. I tend to add up to 2 tsp for a fuller flavor and richer color.
- Ground Cinnamon: The cinnamon brings a warm sweetness to the drink. You can also use a cinnamon stick to make this drink as well.
- Ground Ginger: works best for this recipe. I have not tried this drink with fresh ginger, so if you do let me know how it goes!
- Black Pepper: The black pepper activates the curcumin and medicinal properties in the turmeric. Just a pinch is needed and the flavor is not prominent in the drink.
- Vanilla Extract: Just a bit of vanilla is needed for this drink.
- Maple Syrup: Is the perfect natural sweetener for Golden Milk, but you can also use coconut sugar or date syrup. (or Stevia if you’re Keto)
How to Make Golden-Turmeric Milk?
Making Golden Milk is simple and quick. Simply add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Warming the ingredients activates the nutritional properties of the drink.
You can serve the drink immediately and drink it warm. Or you can store it in a mason jar or carafe for later. If you want to drink your Golden Milk Latte iced (cold), first allow the drink to cool down to room temperature before adding ice for the best results.
To get the beautiful ombre look I have here, simply fill up your glass halfway with ice and almond milk and pour the Turmeric Milk into the drink.
Golden Milk Latte (Turmeric Milk)
- 1 1/2 cups Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Almond Milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon (or 1 cinnamon stick)
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 2-3 tbsp Maple Syrup, Coconut Sugar, or Stevia
- Pinch of Cardamom (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. You want to warm the ingredients, but do not bring it to a boil.
- Remove the golden milk from the heat and adjust the taste as needed: adding more sweetner to taste and more turmeric for a more intense flavor.
- Serve immediately and drink warm. If you want an iced latte, allow the golden milk to come to room temperature first before adding ice.
Looking for more nourishing drinks? Try these!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you and helps me keep my site running! I’m sharing these products because I use them, trust them, and cannot recommend them enough.