Try this antioxidant-rich Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie made with all the best nutrient-dense ingredients: Cacao, Sea Moss, Avocado, Raspberries, Cucumber, and Dates. Enjoy this smoothie recipe as a healthy, chocolatey treat to start your day!
If you’d love to try new, delicious ways to use sea moss, check out my cookbook: Cooking With Sea Moss! The cookbook has over 50 recipes that are plant-based, gluten-free, vegan, and all contain sea moss!!!
Check it out for yourself here: Cooking With Sea Moss by Capri Lilly.
This content contains affiliate links, which helps goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
Last week in my Insta Stories I asked you all if I should start a smoothie series and I received a resounding yes (98%)! So, I’m starting the smoothie series with this healthy chocolate treat! For each smoothie I will highlight my favorite ingredient and tell you some of the benefits! This smoothie is tough because there are so many amazing nutrient-rich ingredients used.
This smoothie is loaded with incredible nutrients!
Cucumber: rich in silica, which promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails. Silica is great for promoting hair growth! I go over a delicious hair growth smoothie and foods that promote hair growth in this fun youtube video.
Avocado: rich in amino acids, healthy fats, and Omega-3 fatty acids, which promote heart health
Flax Seeds: Rich in Protein & Omega-3 Fatty acid, great for digestive health and reducing bad cholesterol.
Raspberries: Super Antioxidant Rich and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, great for reducing inflammation and boosting immune health.
The featured foods for this smoothie are Medjool Dates and Irish Sea Moss!
- Sea Moss is rich in amino acids, vitamin c, vitamin A, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and minerals.
- It actually contains 92 of the 102 minerals that our bodies need like zinc, iodine, iron, and more!
- Because it is a mucilaginous food (sticky and thick), it helps soothe the mucus membranes in the body and rid your body of any excess mucus. It is especially helpful in reducing congestion and clearing out phlegm buildup in the lungs, which is great for respiratory health–especially when you are dealing with a cold.
I share everything about Sea Moss benefits and how to prepare it in this post: Sea Moss Benefits + How to Prepare Sea Moss (the right way!)
Now, let’s talk about Medjool Dates! Dates are considered “Nature’s Candy”. They are super sweet and provide delicious flavor. Instead of using processed sweetener, try dates or date syrup. If you’re craving a sweet treat, try eating a date or two. Not only do they taste great, but they are loaded with fiber, B vitamins, antioxidants, more that help increase energy, improve digestion, and reduce blood pressure.
So, please enjoy this tasty Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie knowing you are providing your body with amazing nutrients!
This Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie is:
- Energy Boosting
So here is my morning smoothie routine.
I start my mornings by first drinking a huge glass of water (about 18oz) and then I’ll make a smoothie. In the morning, when your stomach is empty is the best time to drink a smoothie because your body will better absorb all the nutrients and it also gives you a kickstart to your day. This smoothie provides two servings, so I will usually share a serving with my boyfriend or save a jar for later. You can store this smoothie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day. It is best to drink the smoothie soon after preparing it to receive the most benefits.
A question I get often is: Is this Smoothie a Meal replacement?
You can very well have this smoothie in the morning as your meal. Sometimes I will do somewhat of a liquid fast in the morning and drink my water and have my smoothie, then I will eat a hearty lunch at 12. Other days, I’ll have my smoothie with a muffin, like these Healthy Zucchini Blueberry Muffins or a bowl of granola, like this Honey Almond Granola. The choice is yours! Listen to your body and do what works best for you. 🙂
Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Persian Cucumber (or small cucumber)
- 1.5 cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Sea Moss Gel
- 1.5 cup Almond Milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 3 Medjool Dates (pits removed)
- Ice, if needed
- Combine all the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- If your smoothie is thicker than you’d like, add more almond milk. If you would like your smoothie thicker, add ice, until you reach your desired consistency.
- This recipe makes 2 smoothies.
- You can store the smoothies for up to a day in an airtight mason jar.
- Feel free to add your favorite protein powder to this drink!