Try this antioxidant-rich Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie made with all the best nutrient-dense ingredients: Cacao, Sea Moss, Avocado, Raspberries, Cucumber, and Dates. Enjoy this smoothie recipe as a healthy, chocolatey treat to start your day or as a delicious post-workout smoothie!
If you love nutrient-dense smoothies loaded with superfoods are your thing, you’ll definitely want to try our Glowing Skin Carrot Ginger Smoothie, Spirulina Smoothie, or Blueberry Almond Sea Moss Smoothie next!
If you love trying new, delicious ways to use sea moss, check out my cookbook: Cooking With Sea Moss! The cookbook has over 50 recipes that are plant-based, gluten-free, vegan, and all contain sea moss!!!
Check it out for yourself here: Cooking With Sea Moss by Capri Lilly.
This content contains affiliate links, which helps goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
This Chocolate Sea Moss Smoothie is packed with incredible nutrients. It is the perfect drink to enjoy first thing in the morning, or as a post-workout snack. All the ingredients work together to hydrate, replenish, and nourish your body!
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Chocolate Sea Moss Smoothie With Raspberries:
- Cucumber: rich in silica, which promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails. Silica is great for promoting hair growth! I go over a delicious hair growth smoothie and foods that promote hair growth in this fun youtube video.
- Avocado: rich in amino acids, healthy fats, and Omega-3 fatty acids, which promote heart health
- Flax Seeds: Rich in Protein & Omega-3 Fatty acid, great for digestive health and reducing bad cholesterol.
- Cacao: (not to be mistaken with Dutch-processed Cocoa Powder) Rich in antioxidants, calcium, and potassium, which is great for increasing brain health & reducing inflammation.
- Raspberries: Super Antioxidant Rich and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, great for reducing inflammation and boosting immune health.
- Sea Moss Gel: Prepare your sea moss gel ahead of time so that it is ready to use. Want to learn how to prepare it? Check out this post here: How To Make Sea Moss Gel.
- Non-Dairy Milk: Use whichever non-dairy milk you desire. I like to use plain unsweetened almond milk.
Sea Moss Benefits
- Sea Moss is rich in amino acids, vitamin c, vitamin A, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and minerals.
- It actually contains 92 of the 102 minerals that our bodies need like zinc, iodine, iron, and more!
- Because it is a mucilaginous food (sticky and thick), it helps soothe the mucus membranes in the body and rid your body of any excess mucus. It is especially helpful in reducing congestion and clearing out phlegm buildup in the lungs, which is great for respiratory health–especially when you are dealing with a cold.
I share everything about Sea Moss benefits and how to prepare it in this post: Sea Moss Benefits + How to Prepare Sea Moss (the right way!)
Medjool Dates Benefits
Dates are considered “Nature’s Candy”.
- They are super sweet and provide delicious flavor. Instead of using processed sweeteners, try dates or date syrup.
- If you’re craving a sweet treat, try eating a date or two.
- Not only do they taste great, but they are loaded with fiber, B vitamins, antioxidants, more that help increase energy, improve digestion, and reduce blood pressure. (source)
- Here are the dates I like to use: Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Medjool Dates | Amazon
Enjoy this tasty Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie knowing you are providing your body with amazing nutrients!
This Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie is:
- Energy Boosting
So here is my morning smoothie routine.
I start my mornings by first drinking a huge glass of water (about 18oz) and then I’ll make a smoothie. In the morning, when your stomach is empty is the best time to drink a smoothie because your body will better absorb all the nutrients and it also gives you a kickstart to your day.
How To Store This Chocolate Sea Moss Smoothie:
This smoothie recipe gives you two servings. I usually share a serving with my partner or save a jar for later. You can store this smoothie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day. It is best to drink the smoothie soon after preparing it to receive the most benefits.
A question I get often is: Is this Smoothie a Meal replacement?
You can have this smoothie in the morning as your meal. Sometimes I will do somewhat of a liquid fast in the morning and drink my water and have my smoothie, then I will eat a hearty lunch at noon. Other days, I’ll have my smoothie with a muffin, like these Healthy Zucchini Blueberry Muffins, or a bowl of granola, like this Honey Almond Granola. Sometimes I even enjoy this smoothie for dessert as a light treat and if I am feeling extra chocolatey I’ll have it with a Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter Cup! The choice is yours! Listen to your body and do what works best for you. 🙂
Also, if you are not familiar with Sea Moss, check out my post on all things sea moss, including its benefits and how to prepare it!
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Sea Moss Recipes:
- How To Make Fruit Infused Sea Moss Gel | Vegan + Alkaline
- How To Boil Sea Moss To Make Sea Moss Gel
- Easy Sea Moss Chocolate Bark | Vegan
- 5 Different Ways To Use Sea Moss Gel
- Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gel | Easy Recipe
- 16 Healthy Superfood Smoothies to Jumpstart Your Day!
- Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
- Spirulina Smoothie | (11g of Plant-based Protein!)
Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Persian Cucumber (or small cucumber)
- 1.5 cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Sea Moss Gel
- 1.5 cup Almond Milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 3 Medjool Dates (pits removed)
- Ice, if needed
- Combine all the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- If your smoothie is thicker than you’d like, add more non-dairy milk. If you would like your smoothie thicker, add ice, until you reach your desired consistency.
- This recipe makes 2 smoothies.
- You can store the smoothies for up to a day in an airtight mason jar.
- Feel free to add your favorite protein powder to this drink!
Please refer to my Nutrition Disclaimer Here.