Mango Pineapple Smoothie is a thick, creamy, refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut water, cucumber, ginger, and turmeric. This hydrating, tropical drink is like sunshine in a glass! Enjoy this healthy smoothie recipe as the perfect pick-me-up for any time of day, whether it’s breakfast or a mid-day snack. (This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.)
If you love tropical smoothie recipes, then check out our Soursop Smoothie or Guava Smoothie recipe next!
This mango pineapple smoothie is a luscious smoothie without milk, yogurt, or any dairy. That’s right! This rich, fruity drink is so filling and satisfying and is made with coconut water, for a dairy-free treat!
Sip on it slowly on a hot summer day by the pool or drink it as a sweet way to boost your immune system during flu season. Either way, you’ll be sipping until the very last drop!
Why You’ll Love This Mango Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- Nutritious! This low-calorie beverage provides a boost of Vitamin C, which is great for your immune system.
- Quick and Easy! There are no elaborate steps. All you need is 5 minutes and 6 ingredients!
- Great Grab and Go Snack! Straight from the blender, pour this into your favorite to-go cup and take it out the door with you on a busy morning.
- Totally Customizable! Mix and match fruits, veggies, seeds, and superfood powders to make this smoothie your own.
- Better than McDonald’s Mango Pineapple Smoothie! With fewer calories, less sugar, and all-natural ingredients, this smoothie proves some things are better made at home.
Mango Pineapple Smoothie Benefits
Mango pineapple smoothies are absolutely delicious but they’re good for you too! Here are some reasons why you should pour yourself a cup:
- Mango is an excellent source of copper and folate, two nutrients that are especially important during pregnancy.
- Mango contains immune-boosting properties like vitamin C.
- With great quantities of magnesium and potassium, mangoes support the cardiovascular system and can reduce inflammation of the heart. So it’s great for heart health.
- Pineapple is an excellent source of the mineral manganese, which helps your body metabolize food and promotes strong bones.
- Pineapple contains fat-burning enzymes, making it a great fruit to eat for weight loss.
- With a high level of antioxidants, pineapples have cancer-fighting properties that can fight off free radicals.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pineapple Chunks: Use frozen pineapples.
- Mango Chunks: Use frozen mangoes.
- Coconut Water: Packed with electrolytes, this natural beverage helps you stay hydrated for longer.
- Ginger: This powerful root is proven to lower blood sugar levels.
- Turmeric: This popular spice can lower blood cholesterol levels. Use fresh turmeric or turmeric powder.
- Persian Cucumber: These have a high water content which keeps you feeling hydrated and refreshed.
How to Make a Mango Pineapple Smoothie
Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If your smoothie is thicker than you’d like, add more liquid. If you would like your smoothie thicker, add ice or more frozen fruit, until you reach your desired consistency.
Tips To Nail The Recipe
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit but if you use only fresh fruit, you will need to add ice to get that frosty consistency. For the best texture, at least one of the fruits should be frozen. If you prep ahead, slice fresh fruit and place it in a sealed bag in the freezer overnight.
- Use a high-speed blender for a smooth, creamy texture. This is especially important when blending frozen ingredients because they tend to be chunky.
- If you have leftover smoothie, squeeze a little lemon or lime juice on top in order to prevent the fruit from oxidizing.
Recipe Variations and Customization
- Fresh Fruit: Use fresh mango and pineapple. Add ice for texture and to make it cold.
- Other Fruits: This smoothie recipe works with a variety of fruits. Some other fruits to mix and match include strawberries, peaches, and frozen banana.
- Vegetables: Use zucchini instead of cucumber. You could also add spinach or kale.
- Spice: Can’t find raw turmeric? Use 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder instead.
- Non-Dairy Beverages: Depending on the flavor and consistency you want, you can replace coconut water with coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, or any other non-dairy milk.
- Greek Yogurt: Add protein and healthy fats to your mango pineapple smoothie when you include a 1/4 cup of greek yogurt.
- Juice: For a sweeter smoothie, cut the coconut water measurement in half and add one cup of fresh mango or pineapple juice. Alternatively, use orange juice for a more complex flavor.
- Sweetener: Add 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or agave.
- Protein: Add your favorite protein powder or keep it natural with a teaspoon of chia seeds, hemp seeds, or flaxseed.
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl: Thicken the smoothie by adding additional frozen fruit. Then pour it into a bowl and add your favorite toppings like oats or granola.
Mango pineapple smoothies are best enjoyed immediately. But if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight jar in the fridge and consume them within 24 hours for the best taste and texture.
Are pineapple and mango good for you?
Yes. Both fruits are super nutritious and one serving of a pineapple mango smoothie is about one daily fruit serving.
Are smoothies better with milk or water?
If you are most concerned about calories and sugar, water is always a safe, healthy option. This recipe uses coconut water for added flavor and electrolytes without the fat or dairy found in milk.
I Hope You Enjoy This Pineapple Mango Smoothie Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes To Try!
- Post Workout Smoothie
- Pineapple and Cucumber Juice (No Juicer Needed)
- Moringa Papaya Smoothie
- High Protein Chocolate Zucchini Smoothie
- Tropical Papaya Detox Smoothie
- Spirulina Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie
- Morning Wellness Smoothie
Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- 2 cups Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 2 cups Frozen Mango Chunks
- 2 cups Coconut Water
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 inch Turmeric
- 1 Persian Cucumber
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- If your smoothie is thicker than you’d like, add more liquid. If you would like your smoothie thicker, add ice or more frozen fruit, until you reach your desired consistency.