This delicious Spirulina Smoothie is filled with tropical flavors and a huge boost of detoxifying, alkalizing, and immunity-boosting nutrients! It’s ultra-satisfying, creamy, and super easy to make! Add a tablespoon or two of sea moss gel to pack in even more nutrients!
The Best Superfood Green Spirulina Smoothie!
I have to start by saying, I LOVE THIS SMOOTHIE! I’ve been drinking it every day for over a week, and I still cannot get enough of it! It’s so easy and quick to make, and filled with all of my favorite ingredients!
Here’s why I love this Spirulina Smoothie and think you will too!
- The smoothie has a lovely tropical flavor from the frozen mango and pineapple!
- It is the perfect creamy texture, thanks to the zucchini.
- It is incredibly nutrient-dense, detoxifying, and alkalizing for the body!
- The taste of the spirulina blends in perfectly with the ingredients –it is not overpowering AT ALL.
- Has tons of plant-based protein (11 grams per serving!!), vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, thanks to the spirulina, hemp seeds, and sea moss gel!
What Is Spirulina + Sprirulina Benefits
Spirulina is a blue-green algae that is highly nutritious! Due to its incredible nutrient profile, it is considered a powerful superfood. It has:
- 4 grams of plant-based protein per tablespoon with all the essential amino acids the body needs!
- High amounts of chlorophyll, which helps to rid the body of toxins
- High amounts of B-Vitamins, Beta Carotene, and Vitamin E, Potassium
- Full of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Spirulina Smoothie
- Spirulina Powder: Add one teaspoon of green or blue spirulina powder per serving, plus more as desired.
- Frozen Mango and Frozen Pineapple: These fruits give the smoothie a delicious tropical flavor.
- Hemp Seeds: for extra omega3s, omega6s, and protein.
- Raw Zucchini: Makes the smoothie creamy and is a great source of potassium, folate, and antioxidants. I like to peel the skin before using it to give my smoothie the best texture.
- Non-Dairy Milk: Use your favorite dairy-free milk. I like to use unsweetened almond milk.
- Sea Moss Gel (optional): It has 92 of the 102 minerals that the body needs, and contains immunity-boosting properties!
How To Make A Spirulina Smoothie
Making a spirulina smoothie is super easy! Simply grab a high-powered blender and combine the ingredients until smooth! Remember, the spirulina will turn any drink into a green hue, or blue if you are using blue spirulina!
How Much Spirulina Should I Add To My Smoothie?
One teaspoon per serving is enough to enjoy the benefits of spirulina, but you can always add more. Keep in mind that spirulina has a slight seaweed taste. It can be easily masked with fruits and vegetables, but the more you add, the harder it is to mask the flavor.
When To Drink Spirulina Smoothie?
Because spirulina is nutrient-packed and high in protein, it is a great pre or post-workout smoothie. It is also a wonderful smoothie to start your day! I like to begin my day with a spirulina smoothie and drink it on an empty stomach, allowing my body maximum absorption of the nutrients to fuel my day!
What Can You Mix With Spirulina?
People who do not mind the taste of spirulina can mix spirulina with water. Spirulina also pairs well with pineapple, mango, or orange juice or when combined with these fruits in a smoothie.
Sea Moss Spirulina Smoothie
Like spirulina, sea moss is also a superfood algae. A lot of people wonder, “how to take sea moss?”. One of the best and easiest to consume sea moss is in a smoothie. The flavor is undetectable and blends in perfectly with any ingredients you use. If you are new to sea moss and want to learn more about it, check out my post: Sea Moss Gel + Benefits.
I add Sea Moss to all of my smoothies. Try adding it to yours for even more of a nutrient boost!
I hope you enjoy this Spirulina Smoothie Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Smoothie Recipes To Try!
- Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie with Sea Moss!
- Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
- 16 Healthy Superfood Smoothies to Jumpstart Your Day!
- Healthy Hydrating Apricot Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie
- Moringa Smoothie Bowl
- 2 tsp Spirulina Powder
- 1.5 cup Frozen Mango
- 1.5 cup Frozen Pineapple
- 1.5 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1.5 cup Non-Dairy Milk, plus more as desired
- 1 Small Zucchini, peeled and cut into cubes (about 3/4 cup)
- 2-3 tbsp Sea Moss Gel, optional
- Combine all the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth
- If the drink is thicker than you’d like, add more non-dairy milk to reach your desired consistency. If you would like to make it thicker, add more frozen fruit and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!