Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is perfect for an easy meal prep breakfast. Combine all the ingredients in one dish, bake, and enjoy throughout the week! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened, and super easy to make!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
The only thing I need to say before you dive into the recipe is: BAKED OATMEAL IS EVERYTHING! I make baked oatmeal almost every Sunday as a part of my meal prep to prepare for the week. It is such a timesaver because I can toss all of the ingredients in a casserole dish, bake for about 45 minutes, and it’s finished! Now I have breakfast ready for throughout the week. I can easily rewarm a portion of the baked oats and enjoy breakfast without taking too much time wondering what I will eat or preparing a cumbersome meal!
This recipe is a spin-off of my popular Apple Cinnamon Baked Oats. The only difference is instead of using sliced apples, we are using blueberries in this recipe.
You’ll Love these Blueberry Baked Oats! It’s:
- Super Easy To Make
- Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, and Naturally Sweetened (Refined Sugar-Free!)
- Perfect for Meal Prep
- Healthy & Nutritious
- A Huge Timesaver!
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Healthy Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- Rolled Oats: If you are gluten intolerant, be sure to use gluten-free oats.
- Frozen or Fresh Blueberries: Use whichever you have on hand. I tend to use frozen organic blueberries for this recipe.
- Ground Flaxseed: The flax seeds add extra protein and omega 3s, and helps to bind the ingredients! I like to use Viva Natural Flax Seeds | Amazon
- Applesauce: The applesauce also helps to bind the ingredients and provides a subtle sweetness to the baked oatmeal.
- Non-Dairy Milk: I prefer use unsweetened almond milk. You can use whichever non-dairy milk you prefer. If you’re up for it, you can make your own oat milk in 5 minutes using my Homemade Oat Milk Recipe!
- Maple Syrup: The maple syrup provides the perfect amount of sweetness. You can also use honey or coconut sugar.
- Seasonings and such: Cinnamon, vanilla extract, baking powder, sea salt
- Nuts -This is optional. I like to add pecans, but you can also add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sliced almond, or keep it nut-free!
How To Make Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
Making baked oatmeal is ten times easier than making oatmeal any other way, and it comes out ten times better! To make baked oatmeal, combine the ingredients in a baking dish and bake until golden brown!
Take a look at the video below to see how easy it is to make Healthy Blueberry Baked Oatmeal!
How Long Does Baked Oatmeal Keep?
Baked oatmeal stores well if kept in an airtight container and placed in the fridge. You can enjoy it for up to five days! When ready to eat it, simply warm it up in the microwave for less than a minute!
Can You Freeze Baked Oatmeal?
Yes, you certainly can! Once you make your baked oatmeal, allow it to cool completely. Once cool, you can store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months! Thaw it in the fridge overnight and rewarm it in the oven when you are ready to enjoy it!
What To Eat With Blueberry Baked Oatmeal?
You absolutely must drizzle almond butter or peanut butter on your baked oats. A heaping spoonful of jam, like my Raspberry Chia Jam or Blueberry Sea Moss Jam, makes it even more enjoyable! I tend to eat my baked oats with a healthy smoothie. Here are so my favorites:
- Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie with Sea Moss!
- Spirulina Smoothie | (11g of Plant-based Protein!)
- Moringa Papaya Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie
- Tropical Papaya Detox Smoothie
vegan baked blueberry oatmeal without banana
I hope you enjoy this Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Easy, Healthy Meal Prep Recipes To Try:
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal | Vegan + GF
- Zucchini Blueberry Muffins
- Best Grain Free Granola Bars
- Easy Blender Moringa Pancakes (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- Plant-Based Spinach Artichoke Frittata Using JUST Egg
- Breakfast Egg Muffins | Easy, 20-minute Recipe!
- Easy Blender Carrot Cake Muffins (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- Mini Pancake Cereal
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- 2 1/2 cups Rolled Oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (or honey)
- 1 3/4 cup Non-Dairy Milk of choice
- 2 1/2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Pecans or Sliced Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl or an 8×8 oven-safe dish, mix all the ingredients together, folding in the blueberries and pecans last. (If making in a large bowl, transfer the mixture into an oven-safe dish once the mixture is ready.)
- Bake the mixture for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the baked oatmeal to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with almond butter and jam. Enjoy!