This flavorful detox cucumber salad is filled with colorful vegetables, lots of herbs, and tossed in a simple vinaigrette! Add this wholesome salad to your weekly meal plan or share it with loved ones at your next gathering. It is filled with ultra-nourishing ingredients and tastes absolutely delicious!
If healthy, detoxifying, tasty recipes are your thing, you’ll definitely want to check out my Tropical Papaya Detox Smoothie, Immunity Boosting Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup, or 16 Healthy Superfood Smoothies to Jumpstart Your Day! next!
This Detox Cucumber Salad is constantly on the weekly rotation in my home, especially in the spring and summer! I love how easy it is to put together and how well it pairs with almost everything! Most days, I eat a gigantic bowl of this salad for lunch. Other times, I prepare a large portion and serve it at gatherings. It is a nutritious detox salad, perfect for any occasion!
This Cucumber Detox Salad Offers Many Benefits:
- Cucumber is ultra-hydrating, high in fiber, antioxidants, electrolytes, and vitamin K -aiding in digestive, skin, and bone health! (source)
- Avocados are a great source of potassium, folate, omega-3 fatty acid, and fiber -perfect for healthy gut regulation and weight management. (source)
- Fresh Basil and Dill together taste great and both are packed with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-fungal compounds that reduce inflammation and help boost the immune system! (source)
- Artichoke Hearts are high in protein, fiber, and polyphenols, which help boost your immune system, strengthen your gut, and repair cell damage. (source)
- Tomatoes are high in lycopene, lutein, beta-carotene, choline, and vitamin C which help improve eye health, gut health, and heart health! (source)
These are only a few benefits of this nutrient-dense salad! Each ingredient in this salad nourishes the body!
Here’s What You Need To Make This Detox Cucumber Salad
- Roma Tomatoes
- English Cucumbers
- Red Onion
- Fresh Dill & Fresh Basil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar (or Fire Cider Tonic)
- Artichoke Hearts (1 14oz can)
- Red Bell Pepper
- Salt and Pepper as desired
How To Make Detox Cucumber Salad
Making cucumber detox salad is super easy! Simply combine all the chopped ingredients and fresh herbs in a large bowl. Then, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and lime together in a small dish. Pour the mixture over the salad and toss until all ingredients are evenly coated! Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Enjoy!
Do I Peel Cucumber For Salad?
If you are using English or Persian cucumbers, there is no need to peel the skin. These types of cucumbers have thin skin that is mild in flavor. If using Garden Cucumber, most commonly sold at grocery stores, it is best to remove the skin. The skin of these cucumbers tends to be waxy, bitter, and tough.
How To Cut Cucumbers For Salad?
You can leave the cucumber peeled (the skin is high in fiber!) or peel the skin. Slice the cucumber by cutting it in half lengthwise and cutting the halves into moon-shaped chunks. Or, you can simply slice the cucumber into thin rounds by leaving the cucumber whole and cutting dials horizontally.
How Long Does Cucumber Salad Last In The Fridge?
This Detox Cucumber Salad can last in the fridge for 2-3 days. Because the cucumber is coated in a vinegar-based dressing, they will remain fresh. However, the cucumbers and tomatoes in the salad will release moisture over time, and the vegetables may become soggy. It is best to enjoy it right away or within 24 hours if you desire a crisp, crunchy cucumber salad.
Can I Make This Cucumber Salad In Advance?
Yes, you certainly can! The best way to make this detox cucumber salad in advance is to store the sliced cucumbers and vegetables in the fridge separately without the vinaigrette. The chopped vegetables should stay crisp for up to 2 days. When ready to enjoy the salad, combine the ingredients in a large bowl and toss until evenly combined.
What To Eat With This Detox Cucumber Salad?
You can enjoy the salad on its own, serve it as a salad at your next gathering, or pair it with your favorite meal at lunch or dinner! Here are a few great options:
- Grilled Pineapple Beyond Burger
- Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Tacos | Gluten-Free
- Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water
I hope you enjoy this Delicious Detox Cucumber Salad!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Cantaloupe Salad with Arugula and Prosciutto
- Watermelon Mint Salad Recipe
- Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- The Best Superfood Salad
- Easy Smoked Salmon Salad
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Detox Cucumber Salad
- 2 English Cucumbers, sliced
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Large Avocado (or 2 small avocados)
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- 1 (14oz) can Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, plus more as desired
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, plus more as desired
- Combine all the chopped ingredients and fresh herbs in a large bowl.
- Then, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and lime together in a small dish. Pour the mixture over the salad and toss until all ingredients are evenly coated! Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Enjoy!
This detox cucumber salad was so refreshing! I loved how it made the perfect lunch!
I enjoy it for lunch too! I am glad you enjoyed the recipe 🙂
I want to dive into this salad bowl, this looks amazing with all the veggies. Plus your simple dressing sounds perfect to pair with all the veggies so it’s not overpowering.
The dressing is a great addition to the salad! Definitely one to dive into!
Can this be made without the avocado? Or substitute something else? I don’t like avocado but the salad looks yummy otherwise.
Hi Norma, you can just leave out the avocado. The salad will still be tasty
This flavorful detox cucumber salad looks so yummy and healthy!:) Me and my fam will definitely try this tomorrow. YUM! Thanks!:)
The dressing is so good, this salad is refreshing and so healthy!
I am glad you like Jeannie!
What a delightful, refreshing salad! There’s the perfect amount of “crunch factor” with those cucumbers and red onions. The best part is I can make this year around since all the ingredients are readily available at the grocery store. Thank you for sharing!
A delicious salad full of fresh flavor and crunch, and the artichoke hearts are an especially yummy addition!
Glad you liked, Colleen! Thanks for leaving a review 🙂
loved how filling this salad is!! the flavors are just perfect together and there’s zero guilt!
Yes, zero-guilt for sure! I am glad you enjoyed the recipe!
I love how refreshing this cucumber salad is! I also like how it detoxes, it;s a win-win.
So glad you like, Ash!
This salad was so delicious and refreshing after a day spent tidying the garden. Thanks for the recipe.
Sounds like the perfect day. 🙂 I am glad you enjoyed the recipe
I’m always looking for salad recipes that hold up well in the fridge. I love that this salad will keep well and is packed with nutritious veggies.
I’m glad you like, Katie!
Can I sub the lime for lemon? And will sliced green and yellow peppers work in this beautiful salad? Using what I have in my fridge. Thank you.
Most certainly! Those are great swaps and I am sure the salad will taste amazing 🙂
I’ve made this recipe 3 time already! It’s been perfect for a filling lunch and leaves me feeling good. Thanks for the great recipe!
Hi Erica! This salad is one of my favorites to enjoy weekly! I am glad you enjoy the recipe 🙂
Very good recipe. My family enjoyed it.
Hi Maria, I am happy to hear it! Thanks for leaving a review 🙂
So good! So good for you!!!!
Thank you for sharing.
So glad you like!! 🙂
My husband made this for the family as a side, so delicious! I actually woke up and had it for breakfast! I was literally craving it!
Hi Kirsten! That makes me so happy. I am glad you and your family enjoyed the recipe!
Lovely salad! I didn’t have artichoke hearts, so I use beets from my garden! Very refreshing on a summer day.
Hi Spicie! I am happy you enjoyed the salad. The addition of beets sounds great, especially ones that are homegrown.Thank you for leaving a review 🙂
Made this for my daughter and I since my husband does NOT like cucumbers. We loved it!!! She now wants this as her go to salad for work, and can pre-make it!
Hi Nicki! I am happy you and your daughter loved the recipe! I make this to enjoy for lunch throughout the week too 🙂 Thanks for leaving a review!