This flavorful detox cucumber salad is filled with colorful vegetables, lots of herbs, and tossed in a simple vinaigrette! Add this wholesome salad to your weekly meal plan or share it with loved ones at your next gathering. It is filled with ultra-nourishing ingredients and tastes absolutely delicious!
If healthy, detoxifying, tasty recipes are your thing, you’ll definitely want to check out my Tropical Papaya Detox Smoothie, Immunity Boosting Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup, or 16 Healthy Superfood Smoothies to Jumpstart Your Day! next!
This Detox Cucumber Salad is constantly on the weekly rotation in my home, especially in the spring and summer! I love how easy it is to put together and how well it pairs with almost everything! Most days, I eat a gigantic bowl of this salad for lunch. Other times, I prepare a large portion and serve it at gatherings. It is a nutritious detox salad, perfect for any occasion!
This Cucumber Detox Salad Offers Many Benefits:
- Cucumber is ultra-hydrating, high in fiber, antioxidants, electrolytes, and vitamin K -aiding in digestive, skin, and bone health! (source)
- Avocados are a great source of potassium, folate, omega-3 fatty acid, and fiber -perfect for healthy gut regulation and weight management. (source)
- Fresh Basil and Dill together taste great and both are packed with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-fungal compounds that reduce inflammation and help boost the immune system! (source)
- Artichoke Hearts are high in protein, fiber, and polyphenols, which help boost your immune system, strengthen your gut, and repair cell damage. (source)
- Tomatoes are high in lycopene, lutein, beta-carotene, choline, and vitamin C which help improve eye health, gut health, and heart health! (source)
These are only a few benefits of this nutrient-dense salad! Each ingredient in this salad nourishes the body!
Here’s What You Need To Make This Detox Cucumber Salad
- Roma Tomatoes
- English Cucumbers
- Red Onion
- Fresh Dill & Fresh Basil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar (or Fire Cider Tonic)
- Artichoke Hearts (1 14oz can)
- Red Bell Pepper
- Salt and Pepper as desired
How To Make Detox Cucumber Salad
Making cucumber detox salad is super easy! Simply combine all the chopped ingredients and fresh herbs in a large bowl. Then, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and lime together in a small dish. Pour the mixture over the salad and toss until all ingredients are evenly coated! Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Enjoy!
Do I Peel Cucumber For Salad?
If you are using English or Persian cucumbers, there is no need to peel the skin. These types of cucumbers have thin skin that is mild in flavor. If using Garden Cucumber, most commonly sold at grocery stores, it is best to remove the skin. The skin of these cucumbers tends to be waxy, bitter, and tough.
How To Cut Cucumbers For Salad?
You can leave the cucumber peeled (the skin is high in fiber!) or peel the skin. Slice the cucumber by cutting it in half lengthwise and cutting the halves into moon-shaped chunks. Or, you can simply slice the cucumber into thin rounds by leaving the cucumber whole and cutting dials horizontally.
How Long Does Cucumber Salad Last In The Fridge?
This Detox Cucumber Salad can last in the fridge for 2-3 days. Because the cucumber is coated in a vinegar-based dressing, they will remain fresh. However, the cucumbers and tomatoes in the salad will release moisture over time, and the vegetables may become soggy. It is best to enjoy it right away or within 24 hours if you desire a crisp, crunchy cucumber salad.
Can I Make This Cucumber Salad In Advance?
Yes, you certainly can! The best way to make this detox cucumber salad in advance is to store the sliced cucumbers and vegetables in the fridge separately without the vinaigrette. The chopped vegetables should stay crisp for up to 2 days. When ready to enjoy the salad, combine the ingredients in a large bowl and toss until evenly combined.
What To Eat With This Detox Cucumber Salad?
You can enjoy the salad on its own, serve it as a salad at your next gathering, or pair it with your favorite meal at lunch or dinner! Here are a few great options:
- Grilled Pineapple Beyond Burger
- Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Tacos | Gluten-Free
I hope you enjoy this Delicious Detox Cucumber Salad!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Cantaloupe Salad with Arugula and Prosciutto
- Watermelon Mint Salad Recipe
- Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- The Best Superfood Salad
- Easy Smoked Salmon Salad
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Detox Cucumber Salad
- 2 English Cucumbers, sliced
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Large Avocado (or 2 small avocados)
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- 1 (14oz) can Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, plus more as desired
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, plus more as desired
- Combine all the chopped ingredients and fresh herbs in a large bowl.
- Then, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and lime together in a small dish. Pour the mixture over the salad and toss until all ingredients are evenly coated! Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Enjoy!