Cucumber radish salad is a refreshing mix of fresh vegetables, herbs, beans, and nuts tossed in a homemade lemon basil vinaigrette. Made quick and easy, this radish salad recipe is the perfect summer dish for a light lunch or side dish at picnics and barbecues. (This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan too!)
When it comes to this cucumber radish salad, radishes are the star of the show. You may be used to seeing them as an afterthought in a robust salad or a side for street tacos but this root vegetable is good for so much more. Radishes in salad provide the perfect crisp crunch and light flavor!
This radish salad is drizzled with a simple, flavorful lemon basil vinaigrette. The sliced radishes offer a crisp, crunchy texture; a pleasant contrast to the creamy beans. And the vibrant herbaceous tastes of fresh mint, dill, and basil make this a bright, light, refreshing salad.
Reasons This Radish Salad Recipe Works
Radishes are a superfood with many health benefits. They are:
- An excellent source of Vitamin C, protecting cells from damage.
- Packed with natural nitrates, which improves blood flow and general heart health.
- High in fiber which aids digestion.
- Rich in antioxidants that are known to fight cancerous cells.
- A good source of folic acid. This has been proven to decrease the chances of depression, heart disease, cancer, and birth defects.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Radish Cucumber Salad
- Radishes: Crisp, zesty, with a slight sweetness, fresh raw radishes are the main ingredient in this dish. Thinly sliced.
- Cucumber: High in water content, cucumbers are super hydrating. Thinly sliced. An English cucumber works best.
- Toasted pine nuts: These provide a warm, nutty taste.
- Cannellini beans: These are an excellent source of fiber and protein. They have a meaty texture and an earthy flavor. Use them rinsed and drained.
- Fresh herbs: I use an invigorating mix of dill and fresh mint.
- Green Onions: Chopped.
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Garlic cloves: Minced.
- Fresh basil: Chopped (about 4 large basil leaves).
- Olive oil: This healthy fatty acid serves as the base of the vinaigrette.
- Lemon juice: This adds a bright citrusy taste.
- Seasoning: Use salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make Radish Salad
COMBINE HERBS & VEGETABLES. Combine the crisp radishes, cucumbers, beans, green onions, chopped mint, and dill in a medium mixing bowl.
MAKE VINAIGRETTE. Then in a small bowl or mason jar, add the ingredients for the lemon basil vinaigrette. Whisk or shake vigorously to combine.
ADD DRESSING & TOPPINGS. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and then toss to combine. Top with toasted pine nuts and garnish with more fresh dill and mint. Finally, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Tips To Nail the Recipe
- Use fresh radishes for the best results. Their leaves should be green and not brown or wilted. The radishes should be firm with bright red skin.
- If making ahead of time, don’t add the herbs until you are ready to serve.
- For easier slicing, use a mandolin to cut the vegetables into thin slices.
Recipe Variations + Substitutions
- Roasted Radishes. For an even greater depth of flavor, roast the radishes for a peppery flavor. Include both roasted and raw radishes for crunch.
- Add-Ins. Consider adding capers, pesto, parmesan cheese, red onion, feta cheese, fresh parsley, chickpeas, asparagus, or lemon zest.
Store leftover radish salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store the vinaigrette separately in the fridge for up to one week.
Are radish leaves edible in salad?
Although they are not used in this recipe, radish leaves are edible.
What goes well with radishes?
Radishes pair best with savory dishes. Keep it light and serve with salmon, shrimp, or grilled chicken. Serve it with Honey Garlic Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp, or Grilled Spatchcock Chicken.
Are cucumbers and radishes good for you?
Absolutely! Cucumbers and radishes are rich in nutrients and low in calories.
I Hope You Enjoy This Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Salad Recipes To Try!
- Detox Cucumber Salad
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Beetroot Salad with Orange and Feta Cheese
- Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- Brussels Sprout Salad
Easy Radish Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
Radish Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups Thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup Thinly sliced cucumber
- 3 tbsp Toasted pine nuts plus more to taste
- 1 cup Cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup Fresh Dill chopped
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh mint leaves chopped
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil chopped (about 4 large basil leaves)
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 Lemon juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the radishes, cucumbers, beans, green onions, chopped mint, and dill in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, add the ingredients for the lemon basil vinaigrette. Whisk or shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and garnish with more fresh dill and mint. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.