Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup is a delicious, nutrient-rich soup packed with ginger, turmeric, carrots, and more to help boost your immune system and help your body fight off illness. This creamy soup comes together easily and is both vegan and gluten-free! It is perfect for the whole family to enjoy or as a tasty meal-prep option!
This post may include Amazon links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Noodle Soup needs to make its way out of the door! I am not sure why it is coveted as the token soup for when you are sick, but let me tell you, there is a bigger and better soup out there: It is called Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup! This nutrient-dense soup is packed with vitamin C, Vitamin A, antioxidants, and immune-boosting nutrients that can put any cold to shame!
Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup has immense natural healing properties from the incredible vegetables, herbs, and spiced used to power this soup. The most effective and primary spice used in this soup is ginger.
Ginger provides essential nutrients, especially useful for when you have a cold! It:
- Is high in Gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Helps relieve nausea and vomiting, muscle pains, and joint pain
- Improves cardiovascular health as it helps to lower blood sugar and lower LDL (bad cholesterol) levels
- Helps fight off bad bacteria
- Helps relieve the symptoms of a cold
Not only is ginger an incredible superfood, but it tastes great, especially in this soup! Mixed with carrots, which are also nutritious, and lentil, which are full of protein, this soup is loaded with everything your body needs!
This Carrot Lentil Soup is made with the most nutrient dense foods!
- Lentils are PACKED with protein as over 25% of their composition is protein! One cup of lentils gives you almost 18 grams of protein, which makes lentils a great protein-rich meat alternative!
- Carrots are high in dietary fiber, which aids in digestive health!
- Carrots are also high in beta carotene, lutein, and lycopene, which are great for your hair, skin, and nails.
- Coconut Milk has immunity-boosting properties and is packed with vitamins and minerals.
Now that you know some great benefits of the soup, I am sure you’re curious about how it tastes! Rest assured, this soup is incredible!
This Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup is:
- Intensely Flavorful
- Chunky, with the perfect amount of smoothness
This is my go-to soup whenever I am sick or even have a tingle in my throat indicating I might be on the verge of catching a cold. This soup boosts my immune system and knocks any cold or congestion right out. Not to mention its incredibly good!! Even if I am not sick, I whip up a pot of this savory-sweet soup and feel good knowing I am giving my body all the nutrients it needs!
How to make the best Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup
- The Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup has an incredibly creamy texture because of the coconut milk and the lentils. You can leave this soup super chunky or you can use an immersion blender to blend it to your desired texture. I like my soup with bites of carrots throughout the soup.
- I like to make my soup in a Dutch Oven and find it works best for making soups.
- Lentils are incredibly protein-rich and full of fiber, which means they are super filling. This soup can be a complete meal all on its own if you eat a hearty amount!
- The beauty of this recipe is in its simplicity. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples, which means you can make this soup at any time!
- This soup is perfect for meal prep or you can freeze the soup and save it for later!
Immune Boosting Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup
- 2 cups Red Lentils
- 4 Large Carrots, chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1.5 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk (1 13oz can)
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 Small White Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1.5 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, add coconut oil to a large pot and saute onions until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add celery, garlic, ginger, and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrot dials (diced carrots), cumin, turmeric, coriander, paprika, pepper, and salt. Mix well and saute for 15 minutes. (If needed, add coconut oil to the pot to prevent the carrots from sticking or burning)
- Add the lentils and vegetable broth, and mix well. Turn the heat on low, cover the pot, and simmer for 35-40 minutes, until most of the broth has been absorbed by the lentils. Stir occasionally
- Add the coconut milk and mix well. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- The soup is now finished. If you would like to make the soup smoother, use an immersion blender to blend the soup. You can also use a ladle to transfer the soup into a high-powered blender. Blend until you achieve your desired texture.
- Serve and garnish the soup with fresh cilantro, jalapenos, a dollop of coconut cream or dairy-free yogurt. Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Can freeze the soup and save for later. When ready to enjoy, let the soup thaw out in the fridge and rewarm it in the microwave or stovetop.
- Can substitute heavy cream for coconut cream, but dairy is best to avoid if you are sick.
I hope you enjoy this Immunity Boosting Coconut Carrot Lentil Soup! If you make this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! I love hearing from you!