Superfoods are a group of foods that are touted to improve your health and well-being. Enjoy this tasty Superfood salad that’s brimming with superfood ingredients and delicious flavor. With 10 simple ingredients, you’ll have a nutrient-dense, protein-packed salad with a tasty citrus vinaigrette that brings all the flavors together! This salad will have you feeling energized and ready to take on the rest of your day!
There is nothing better than eating a filling meal that is loaded with tons of nutrients and doesn’t leave you feeling groggy after. You can enjoy this salad for lunch or it’s also filling enough to be served for dinner.
You’ll love this Superfood Salad because it’s:
- Healthy – This gluten-free salad includes top-quality superfood ingredients that will give you a boost of energy as well as long-lasting effects. Thanks to plenty of protein, fiber, and vitamins, you will feel fueled and ready to take on the world.
- Quick and Easy to Prepare – Take the fuss out of meal prep by assembling this hearty salad in just minutes.
- Versatile – Customize your salad however you want, excluding or including based on your taste. This is also a great way to clean out the fridge and make sure no produce goes to waste!
- Delicious – With a variety of flavors and textures, this salad is far from boring and you can eat as much as you want, totally guilt-free!
What are superfoods?
Superfoods are nutrient-dense foods that help your body function optimally. They have many health benefits and are also low in calories and fat.
Ingredients You Will Need To Make This Salad
Why is this superfood salad so good for you? Let me count the ways!
- Sweet Potato: This starchy root vegetable is rich in antioxidants that protect your body from chronic illness, as well as support a healthy gut, and good vision.
- Avocado: Get a dose of vitamins and essential fatty acids when you consume this fruit. It is an excellent source of vitamins C, E, K, and B6 and omega-3 fatty acids. Avocados have also been proven to aid in digestion and improve heart health.
- Almonds: If you want to improve your skin and add some shine to your hair, then you should eat more almonds. They are packed with healthy fats that help moisturize skin, as well as vitamins A and E that will leave you glowing.
- Quinoa: This ingredient is actually a complete protein, which means it contains all of the essential amino acids. Amino acids can assist with building muscle, repairing tissues, and the absorption of nutrients.
- Spinach: This leafy green is packed with calcium, magnesium, and iron so it promotes bone health, increases your metabolism, and allows you to use your body’s energy effectively.
- Chickpeas: This is the perfect addition to your superfood salad because chickpeas are a nutrition powerhouse, full of protein, dietary fiber, and calcium.
- Red pepper: Of all the peppers, red peppers pack the most punch when it comes to nutrients. Red peppers have been proven to reduce the risk of cataracts and anemia, as well as lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk of a heart attack.
- Basil: This herb has antioxidants and antibacterial properties which aid in digestion and detoxify the body.
- Mint: This herb boosts your immune system, relieves allergies and asthma symptoms, and improves oral health.
- Dill: It has anti-inflammatory properties. Dill can also aid in insomnia and help manage diabetes.
Drizzle this over your salad for a burst of sweet, citrusy flavor. It balances out the savory goodness of other ingredients like nuts and avocado. Plus, it is filled with Vitamin C, antioxidants, and more!
- Fresh orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- White vinegar or champagne vinegar
- Dried oregano
- Sea salt more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
How To Make This Superfood Salad
Make The Lemon Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the olive oil. Then, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until a creamy emulsion forms. Alternatively, you can add all the ingredients to a small mason jar, seal the lid, and shake vigorously to combine the ingredients. Store the dressing in the fridge until ready to use. (It can last in the refrigerator for up to one week.)
Assemble The Salad: Add the spinach, or greens of your choice, to a large plate. Top with pieces of remaining ingredients. Drizzle on the lemon vinaigrette, then toss the salad. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Can I make this salad ahead?
Absolutely! Save time by cooking the quinoa and roasting the sweet potatoes ahead of time. Allow both ingredients to cool before placing them in the salad. Don’t toss the salad with the dressing until you’re ready to serve.
Substitutions and Variations
- VEGAN: Make this salad vegan by swapping out the honey in the dressing for agave.
- WRAP: Repurpose leftovers by placing the salad in a tortilla in order to make it a wrap.
- OTHER SUPERFOOD SALAD DRESSING: Switch up the vinaigrette for another quick and tasty dressing like Cilantro Avocado Dressing, Chipotle Dressing, and Vegan Ranch Dressing.
- MORE ADD-INS: Consider adding other vegetables like kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, spicy peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
I hope you enjoy this Superfood Salad Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Salad Ideas!
- Mint Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Detox Cucumber Salad
- Wild Rice Salad With Pomegranate and Arugula
- Easy Smoked Salmon Salad
- Easy Brussel Sprout Salad (V/GF)
- Cantaloupe Salad with Arugula and Prosciutto
The Best Superfood Salad
- 1 Large Sweet Potato roasted
- 1 Large Avocado sliced
- ⅓ cup Sliced Almonds
- ½ cup Quinoa cooked
- 8 oz Spinach
- ½ cup Crispy Chickpeas or raw chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ Red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup Basil chopped
- 2 tbsp Mint chopped
- 2 tbsp Dill chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp White vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- ¼ tsp Sea salt more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make The Lemon Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the olive oil. Then, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until a creamy emulsion forms. Alternatively, you can add all the ingredients to a small mason jar, seal the lid, and shake vigorously to combine the ingredients. Store the dressing in the fridge until ready to use. (It can last in the fridge for up to one week.)
- Assemble The Salad: Add the spinach, or greens of your choice, to a large plate. Top with pieces of remaining ingredients. Drizzle on the lemon vinaigrette, then toss the salad. Serve immediately and enjoy!