Protein Packed Gluten-Free Granola made with less than 10 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes. It’s packed with tons of nutrients, omega3s, and 8g of Protein per serving! This recipe is Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, and Vegan!
If you love easy homemade granola recipes, you’ll love my Honey Almond Granola and Healthy Chocolate Granola!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
This granola recipe is one of my all-time favorites! It’s perfectly sweetened with maple syrup, incredibly nutritious thanks to the chia seeds, hemp seeds, and oats, and it’s perfect for breakfast or as a quick healthy snack!
The fact that this granola recipe is SUPER easy to make and doesn’t require a laundry list of ingredients, most certainly makes this the best granola recipe out there! Chia seeds, rolled oats, and hemp seeds are naturally high in plant-based protein. This gluten-free protein granola is packed with 8 grams of protein per serving.
If you want to add extra protein to your granola, mix in your favorite protein powder before baking. I suggest using a vegan, gluten-free protein powder to keep this granola recipe vegan and gluten-free. I like to use Orgain Organic Unflavored Vegan Protein Powder.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Gluten-Free Protein Granola:
- Rolled Oats: You’ll need Old-fashioned oats aka Rolled Oats. Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats, if you would like this recipe to be gluten-free.
- Nuts and Seeds: I use pecans in this recipe, but you can use whatever nuts you like. Shaved almonds and walnuts are also great options! The Chia Seeds provide an extra nutrient boost. They are packed with protein, calcium, fiber, and potassium! You can also throw in hemp seeds to make this granola even more nutritious! (Just add ¼ cup!)
- Natural Sweetener: Pure Maple Syrup will give the granola the perfect sweetness. You can also use date syrup or honey (for a healthy, non-vegan option)
- Coconut Oil: The coconut oil helps to bind the ingredients and gives the granola a nice crispy crunchy texture. I like and always use coconut oil, but you can also use neutral-tasting oil like grapeseed or avocado oil.
- Spices and Such: You’ll need cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and vanilla extract. I love this combination, especially paired with the maple syrup — SO GOOD!
The mix-ins are how you add your own unique flair to the granola!
- Protein Powder: For more protein, mix in a 1/2 cup of your favorite protein powder to the ingredients before baking.
- Shredded Coconut: Add them during the second half of baking to get the delicious toasted coconut pieces.
- Add chocolate! (To keep this recipe vegan, use vegan chocolate, like Hu Simple Chocolate)
- Dried Fruits are the perfect add-ins: Add dried cranberries, apricots, or blueberries once the granola has completely cooled.
Tips to make the best gluten-free granola
- Line the pan with parchment paper: Not only does this help for easy cleanup, but it also helps the oats from burning and sticking to the pan!
- Don’t skip mixing the granola halfway through: You mix the granola halfway through for two reasons: to prevent it from burning (no one likes the taste of burnt granola) and, after mixing, you will smooth the granola down to create an even layer for the remainder of the baking process.
- Let the granola cool completely: As the granola cools, those nice granola clusters we love will form. Let the cooling process work its magic!
Ways To Enjoy Your Homemade Granola
- Enjoy with your favorite milk. Try making Oat Milk From Scratch with our 5-minute Oat Milk Recipe.
- Make a yogurt bowl. Get creative or try one of our 5 yogurt bowl recipes!
- Make a smoothie bowl. Try our Moringa Smoothie Bowl or Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl.
If you make this Gluten-Free Protein Granola Recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
More Gluten-Free Granola Recipes to Try!
- Best Grain-Free Granola Bars
- The Best Healthy Chocolate Granola | Vegan + Gluten-free
- Date-Sweetened Grain Free Granola | Whole30
- Easy Honey Almond Granola Recipe | Gluten-Free
Protein-Packed Maple Granola Recipe | Gluten-Free
- 4 cups Rolled Oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Hulled Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Shavings
- 1/2 cup Protein Powder of choice, optional
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix together all of the ingredients (except coconut shavings), starting with the dry ingredients and moving to the liquid ingredients. Stir to make sure all of the oats are coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and thoroughly stir the granola. Use a spatula to create an even layer. Then, place the granola back in the oven to bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove the granola from the oven, add coconut shavings, and mix thoroughly. Press the granola into an even layer and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes (the longer the better).
- Enjoy with your favorite milk, yogurt, or ice cream! Store in an airtight conatiner for up to 2 weeks!
- MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats that are processed in a gluten-free facility
- MAKE IT NUT-FREE: Use seeds, like pepitas or sunflower seeds, instead of nuts.
- MAKE IT VEGAN: Use Maple Syrup or Date Syrup. (honey for non-vegan option)
- STORE IT: Granola can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Wow this looks delicious!!
Absolutely delicious – a great way to start the day!
We make our own granola in this house so always looking for new recipes. This was delish!
My mouth is watering. I want to eat that!
It’s so good!
fantastic recipe – I love homemade granola.
Such a healthy and delicious way to start the day!
I love granola and your recipe was sooooooo delicious!