This easy Smoked Salmon Salad is a flavorful mix of cured salmon, fresh vegetables, and herbs, drizzled with a creamy Honey Dijon Dill Vinaigrette. It is a naturally gluten-free salad and is perfect for an easy, filling meal.
Upgrade your next salad with smoked salmon and a delicious honey dijon dill dressing made from scratch. This smoked salmon salad is bursting with smokey flavor, crunchy cucumbers and radishes, briny olives and capers, bright dill, and a creamy, tangy dressing.
It is a healthy, easy option that takes the guesswork out of what to eat. Whether it is lunch or dinner, this delicious salad with salmon will have you feeling fueled and satisfied!
You’ll love this Smoked Salmon Salad because it’s:
- Easy – You do not have to turn on the stove to make this meal. Instead, whip up a quick homemade dressing, assemble your salad, and enjoy!
- Healthy – This salad is packed with salmon (the ultimate superfood packed with omega-3s, protein, vitamins and minerals), fresh herbs, and vegetables! Even the dressing contains anti-inflammatory properties thanks to the inclusion of apple cider vinegar.
- Versatile – Add or omit ingredients based on your taste buds. This yummy smoked salmon salad recipe is also the perfect way to use up any leftover produce in your fridge.
What is smoked salmon?
Smoked salmon is salmon that has been cured by brining in a salt solution to remove all the moisture. The fish is then hot or cold smoked to give the salmon a smoky flavor.
Is smoked salmon good for you?
Smoked salmon is not only tasty, but it’s good for you too! Salmon has nutrients, vitamins like Vitamin B12, A and E, and omega-3 fatty acids. It can help with inflammation and improve heart health, brain health, and assist with weight loss.
Ingredients You Will Need To Make This Salad
- Fresh Greens: Use baby spinach or arugula as the base for your salad. Feel free to use a mixture for a variety of colors, textures and flavor contrasts.
- Smoked Salmon: This protein is both salty and smoky so it makes for a truly flavorful dish.
- Vegetables: You’ll need English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and sliced radishes for a variety of flavors, and a nice crunch.
- Olives: They pair well with smoked salmon.
- Capers: The savory, salty flavor of this ingredient adds a depth of flavor to the salad.
- Fresh Dill: Dill pairs perfectly with salmon. Use large sprigs to garnish the salad and add even more flavor.
Honey Dijon Dill Vinaigrette
This is the best salad dressing for salmon salad because it’s the perfect combination of tangy, sweet, light, and zesty. This comes together in just a few minutes and elevates your salad.
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Chopped Dill
- Sea Salt
How To Make This Smoked Salmon Salad
Make The Honey Dijon Dill Vinaigrette:
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the olive oil. Then, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until a creamy emulsion forms. Or you can add all the ingredients to a small mason jar, seal the lid, and shake vigorously to combine the ingredients instead. Store the dressing in the fridge until ready to use. (It can last in the fridge for up to one week.)
Assemble the Salad
Add the arugula, or greens of your choice, to a large shallow bowl. Slice the smoked salmon into bite-sized pieces. Then, top with pieces of smoked salmon, chopped cucumber, olives, tomatoes, capers, radishes, and dill. Finally, drizzle on the honey dijon dill dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What dressing goes with salmon salad?
A light refreshing dressing pairs well with salmon. For a sweet, tangy dressing, Honey Dijon Dill Vinaigrette is perfect. If you want a creamy dressing, try our Avocado Crema. For a chipotle flavor to complement the smoked salmon, try our Chipotle Crema.
How To Make This Salad Ahead:
- Prepare the vinaigrette and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Prepare the ingredients for the salad and store them in separate containers until ready to use. Can prepare the sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and chopped olives up to a day in advance.
- When ready to enjoy the salad, combine all the ingredients together, add the dressing, and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- Want To Use Lox for your salad? Lox is cured salmon and is very similar to smoked salmon, but does not have the smokey flavor. Make a delicious lox salad by making a simple swap.
- Don’t have smoked salmon on hand? Prepare fresh salmon fillets and use them for the salad. You can make salmon quickly in the air fryer using our Air Fryer Salmon Recipe, or make it in the oven using our Baked Salmon Recipe.
- Want To Add More Protein? Add some Crispy Chickpeas for an added crunch and more protein.
- Feeling super hungry? Add brown rice or quinoa. Other inclusions like boiled eggs and avocado make this already hearty salad even more filling.
Leftover salad should be stored in an airtight container and enjoyed within 3 days. The dressing should be stored separately, preferably in an airtight jar.
The homemade vinaigrette can be refrigerated and stored for up to 1 week. The oil can cause the dressing to solidify so bring it to room temperature and give it a good shake before consuming.
I hope you enjoy this Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Salad Ideas!
- Mint Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Detox Cucumber Salad
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Watermelon Mint Salad Recipe
- Beetroot Salad with Feta and Orange
Smoked Salmon Salad
- 10 oz Fresh Baby Spinach or arugula
- 7 oz Smoked Salmon sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 English Cucumber
- ½ cup Olives (pitted olives are best)
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Capers drained
- ¼ cup Radishes sliced
- 6 Large Sprigs of Dill, chopped plus more for garnish
Honey Dijon Dill Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Chopped Dill
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt or to taste
- Make The Honey Dijon Dill Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the olive oil. Then, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until a creamy emulsion forms. Alternatively, you can add all the ingredients to a small mason jar, seal the lid, and shake vigorously to combine the ingredients. Store the dressing in the fridge until ready to use. (It can last in the fridge for up to one week.)
- Assemble The Salad: Add the arugula, or greens of your choice, to a large shallow bowl. Slice the smoked salmon into bite-sized pieces. Then, top with pieces of smoked salmon, chopped cucumber, olives, tomatoes, capers, radishes, and dill. Finally, drizzle on the honey dijon dill dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!