Mini pancake cereal is the latest social media trend. It’s essentially tons of tiny pancakes served with your favorite milk and toppings! These delicious mini pancakes are insanely cute and so easy to make!
Since we’ve all been staying at home and finding different ways to occupy our time, TikTok has prevailed in showing us interesting ways to get creative in the kitchen. Last month Dalgona Coffee, a fluffy cloud of whipped instant coffee over almond milk, was all the rage! This time around, “pancake cereal” is the new craze.
No one is quite sure how this phenomenon started, but Pancake cereal has over 750 million tags on TikTok. And honestly, I can see why! Not only are these mini pancakes SUPER adorable, but they are also very easy to make and taste incredible.
So I decided to make Apple Cinnamon Mini Pancakes | Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free!
How to make Mini Pancake cereal
Squeeze a small amount on the pan, about the size of a quarter.
Cook for 1 minute on each side, using a small spatula to flip.
A few tips for making Mini Pancake Cereal
- Mix the batter in a separate bowl and then pour the mixture into a pastry bag, or ziploc bag and cut a small opening on the corner. This makes it easier to pour into the pan.
- Because they are so small, you only need to cook the mini pancakes on each side for about a minute.
- Use a small spatula or even chopsticks to flip the mini pancakes.
What to eat Mini Pancake Cereal with
Although technically this is “pancake cereal”, I wouldn’t recommend drowning this in milk— it makes the pancakes soggy and unenjoyable. Instead load them up with your favorite fresh fruit and maple syrup.
I topped my mini pancakes with:
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh strawberries
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Whip Cream is also tasty! Or Yogurt!
- Yumm 😋.
I had a bunch leftover so I put them in an airtight container and placed them in the fridge. My boyfriend enjoyed them the next day with milk. He said they actually held up very well to the milk the next day because the mini pancakes were firmer and cold, which helped prevent them from getting soggy. So, if you want to enjoy the mini pancake cereal throughout the week in its true “cereal” form, I highly recommend putting them in the fridge!
Mini Pancake Cereal
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk (or water)
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (Like Bob's Red Mill 1:1 All Purpose Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a pastry bag, or Ziploc bag and cut a small opening on the corner. This makes it easier to pour into the pan.
- Squeeze a small amount on the pan, about the size of a quarter. Cook for 1 minute on each side, using a small spatula to flip.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and fresh fruit.
- Use Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour to keep gluten-free. Can also sub regular flour (if not sensitive to gluten)
- Store leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge. It can last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Want more delicious breakfast recipe? try these:
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you and helps me keep my site running! I’m sharing these products because I use them, trust them, and cannot recommend them enough. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.