Mini Pancake Cereal is the latest social media trend and consists of sweet, crisp pancake bites served with your favorite milk and toppings. They are insanely cute and so easy to make!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
Since we’ve all been staying at home and finding different ways to occupy our time, TikTok has prevailed in showing us interesting ways to get creative in the kitchen. Last month Dalgona Coffee, a fluffy cloud of whipped instant coffee over almond milk, was all the rage! This time around, “pancake cereal” is the new craze.
No one is quite sure how this phenomenon started, but Pancake cereal has over 750 million tags on TikTok. And honestly, I can see why! Not only are these mini pancakes SUPER adorable, but they are also very easy to make and taste incredible.
So I decided to make mini pancakes, inspired by my Apple Cinnamon Pancakes recipe!
How to Make Mini Pancake Cereal
Mix all the ingredients together. Whisk thoroughly.
Pour mixture into a pastry bag, or Ziploc bag and cut a small opening on the corner.
Squeeze a small amount on the pan, about the size of a quarter.
Cook for 1 minute on each side, using a small spatula to flip.
Serve with butter, syrup, and fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Mini Pancake Cereal
- Mix the batter in a separate bowl and then pour the mixture into a pastry bag, or ziploc bag and cut a small opening on the corner. This makes it easier to pour into the pan.
- Because they are so small, you only need to cook the mini pancakes on each side for about a minute.
- Use a small spatula or even chopsticks to flip the mini pancakes.
What to Eat with Mini Pancake Cereal
Although technically this is “pancake cereal”, I wouldn’t recommend drowning this in milk— it makes the pancakes soggy and unenjoyable. Instead, load them up with your favorite fresh fruit and maple syrup.
Mini Pancake Topping Ideas:
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh strawberries
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped Cream
How do you store mini pancakes?
I had a bunch leftover so I put them in an airtight container and placed them in the fridge. My boyfriend enjoyed them the next day with milk. He said they actually held up very well to the milk the next day because the mini pancakes were firmer and cold, which helped prevent them from getting soggy. So, if you want to enjoy the mini pancake cereal throughout the week in its true “cereal” form, I highly recommend putting them in the fridge!
Want more delicious breakfast recipe? Try these:
- Avocado Blueberry Pancakes | Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- Creamy Polenta with Cajun Shrimp
- Double Chocolate Pancakes | Gluten-Free
- Green Smoothie Bowl | 35g Protein and 2 servings of vegetables!
- Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes | Gluten-Free
- Easy Blender Moringa Pancakes (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- Healthy Red Velvet Beet Pancakes | Vegan + GF
Mini Pancake Cereal
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk (or water)
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (Like Bob's Red Mill 1:1 All Purpose Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a pastry bag, or Ziploc bag and cut a small opening on the corner. This makes it easier to pour into the pan.
- Squeeze a small amount on the pan, about the size of a quarter. Cook for 1 minute on each side, using a small spatula to flip.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and fresh fruit.
- Use Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour to keep gluten-free. Can also sub regular flour (if not sensitive to gluten)
- Store leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge. It can last up to 3 days in the fridge.