This juicy, refreshing Watermelon Mint Salad is a summer staple. This 5-ingredient crowd-pleaser takes only five minutes to make and is perfect for picnics, BBQs, and gatherings!
This is the only watermelon salad recipe that you’ll need for the summer. It’s perfect for picnics, beach days, BBQs, and parties! Read on or watch the video below to learn how to slice a watermelon and make a delicious watermelon salad in five minutes!
Watermelon and Mint is the perfect flavor combination!
Firstly, I am a huge fan of watermelon! It is refreshing, hydrating, nourishing, and so freaking delicious! Each bite is filled with tons of electrolytes, amino acids, antioxidants, and healthy nutrients! Watermelon also pairs well with many unexpected foods, like chocolate for example. (If you’re curious and want to see for yourself, try my nutrient-rich Watermelon Chocolate Smoothie —it’ll change your life!)
Watermelon and Mint is an incredible combination that is sweet and interestingly cooling simultaneously. Paired with lime and feta or goat cheese, this salad is a superb flavor burst of sweet, cooling, savory, tanginess!
What you need to make Watermelon Mint Salad
- 1 Medium Sized Juicy Watermelon
- Fresh Mint
- Avocado Oil (or Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Crumbled Goat or Feta Cheese (optional)
- Blueberries as garnish (optional)
How to pick a good watermelon?
How to pick a good watermelon?
An old tried and true trick is to weigh the watermelon. A juicy, ripe watermelon will be heavy, meaning it is full of water and flavor! If you are in the grocery store, grab a few, and see which feels the heaviest!
A couple other tips to note: You do not want to pick a watermelon that is white on the outside, it means that it was picked too soon! Try picking watermelon with a uniform green exterior or even ones with a yellow spot, which indicates that it spent more time ripening and that is the spot where it sat in the field.
When to make this Watermelon Mint Salad?
The beauty of this salad is that it takes less than five minutes to make, especially if you use my cutting technique shown in the video! It is best to make this salad when you are ready to enjoy it (or before the party begins). It can last up to 12 hours in the fridge, but it is best to enjoy this salad right away for the best results!
This is one of my favorite summer recipes! If you happen to make it, do not forget to share pictures with me on Instagram! I love connecting with you all and love seeing the recipes you’ve tried!
Watch the video and learn how to cut watermelon and make this delicious watermelon mint salad!
Watermelon Mint Salad
- 1 Medium Sized Watermelon
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil (or EVOO)
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup Mint, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat Cheese (or feta Cheese) *Omit if vegan
- 2/3 cup Blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and transfer to a large bowl. (For a quick cutting method, watch the video linked above)
- Mix the oil and lime juice together. Then pour over the watermelon
- Mix in the mint. Then top with crumbled cheese (optional).
- Garnish with blueberries & mint
- For Vegan Option: Omit the Cheese
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 12 hours.