Flavorful, mouthwatering pineapple shrimp skewers are the perfect addition to your grilling festivities! Enjoy the perfect combination of spicy, sweet, and savory made in minutes and perfect for a lovely summer day!
Summertime is the time for us to kick back, relax, enjoy the sun, go swimming, and enjoy delicious grilled food. This summer has been quite different (for obvious reasons), but luckily we can still enjoy the simple things like spending quality time with our loved ones and eating delicious food.
Okay, serious question, am I the only one obsesseddd with grilling in the summertime?!
I just LOVE grilled food. I love the smell as the food is cooking. I love having a nice charred outside on my food and a tender, flavorful inside! I also love that you can literally grill almost anything! Haha.
I probably grill at least 3 times a week in the summertime. These Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are one of my favorites. First, pineapple and shrimp go PERFECTLY together. And second, grilled fruit is the best! These skewers are perfect for a family affair. Each person can join in to help put these skewers together, and one designated grill master can have the honors of cooking these tasty bites!
These Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are so easy to put together! All you need is:
1 Pound Shrimp (Raw, Peeled, and Deveined)
1 large red pepper
1 large orange pepper
3-4 Jalapeno Peppers
1/2 red onion
Of course, you’ll need to season the shrimp. I like to season my shrimp cajun style. The combination of flavors blends perfectly with the pineapple so that with each bite you get a blend of savory and sweet!
Seasonings for the shrimp:
Red Crushed Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
+ 1 Lime & Olive oil
It is best to season the shrimp and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before making the skewers. I like to prepare and marinate the shrimp first, then set it aside while I prepare the other ingredients. While the shrimp is marinating I slice the peppers and onion.
These Pineapple Shrimp Skewers can be as spicy as you want them! It is all in the peppers you choose to use.
Jalapenos are great if you want just a hint of spicy, but if you like full-blown spicy try using serrano peppers. They are 9 times spicier than jalapenos, which means that pack an immense punch!
What to eat with Pineapple Shrimp Skewers?
- Avocado Crema is the perfect sauce to dip your skewers in! (And it takes less than five minutes to make!)
- Salsa is a must. Here is my five-minute Homemade Salsa Recipe. It is so delish!
- If you’re looking for more things to throw on the grill, try these Habanero Bison Burgers!
I enjoyed these Pineapple Shrimp Skewers with Coconut Rice and Grilled Garlic Herb Eggplant!
Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
Seasonings for Shrimp
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp (raw, peeled, deveined)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Ingredients for the Skewers
- Marinated Shrimp
- 2.5 cups Pineapple, cut into cubes (about 1/2 fresh pineapple)
- 1 Large Red Pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 Orange Pepper, cut into cubes
- 4 Jalapeno Peppers, sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut into cubes
- Place wooden skewers in water to soak.
- Season the shrimp with the ingredients listed above and set the shrimp aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, slice the pineapple, peppers, and onions for the skewers.
- Prepare the skewers by alternating the pineapple, peppers, onion, and shrimp until all are used. Place the prepped skewers on a baking sheet. Be sure to reserve any remaining marinade.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Place the skewers on the grill and brush with some of the remaining marinade Close the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the skewers and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked and no longer opaque.