Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are grilled to perfection and are a flavorful, mouthwatering addition to your summer festivities. Enjoy the perfect combination of spicy, sweet, and savory that’s ready in just minutes!
I grill at least 3 times a week in the summertime and these Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are definitely in the rotation! First, pineapple and shrimp go PERFECTLY together. And second, grilled fruit is the best!
These skewers are great for a fun family activity. Each person can join in to help put them together, and one designated grill master can have the honor of cooking these tasty bites! If you don’t have a grill, then make shrimp pineapple skewers in the oven for equally tasty results.
Pineapple Shrimp Skewer Ingredients
These Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are so easy to put together! All you need is:
- 1 lb shrimp (raw, peeled and deveined)
- One large red pepper
- One large orange pepper
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 red onion
Of course, you’ll need to season the shrimp. I like to season my shrimp cajun style. The combination of flavors blends perfectly with the pineapple so that with each bite you get a blend of savory and sweet!
Shrimp Pineapple Skewers Marinade:
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Crushed Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Lime
- Olive oil
It is best to season the shrimp and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before making the skewers. I like to prepare and marinate the shrimp first, then set it aside while I prepare the other ingredients. While the shrimp is marinating, I slice the peppers and onion.
How spicy are these Pineapple Shrimp Skewers?
The Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Skewers can be as spicy as you want them! It is all in the peppers you choose to use.
Jalapenos are great if you want just a hint of spicy, but if you like full-blown spicy try using serrano peppers. They are 9 times spicier than jalapenos, which means that pack an immense punch!
What to eat with Pineapple Shrimp Skewers?
- Avocado Crema is the perfect sauce to dip your skewers in! (And it takes less than five minutes to make!)
- Salsa is a must. Here is my five-minute Homemade Salsa Recipe. It is so delish!
- If you’re looking for more things to throw on the grill, try these Habanero Bison Burgers!
I hope you enjoy this Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Skewers Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More delicious things to throw on the grill:
Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
Seasonings for Shrimp
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp (raw, peeled, deveined)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Ingredients for the Skewers
- Marinated Shrimp
- 2.5 cups Pineapple, cut into cubes (about 1/2 fresh pineapple)
- 1 Large Red Pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 Orange Pepper, cut into cubes
- 4 Jalapeno Peppers, sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut into cubes
- Place wooden skewers in water to soak.
- Season the shrimp with the ingredients listed above and set the shrimp aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, slice the pineapple, peppers, and onions for the skewers.
- Prepare the skewers by alternating the pineapple, peppers, onion, and shrimp until all are used. Place the prepped skewers on a baking sheet. Be sure to reserve any remaining marinade.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Place the skewers on the grill and brush with some of the remaining marinade. Close the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the skewers and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked and no longer opaque.