Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are grilled to perfection and are a flavorful, mouthwatering addition to your summer festivities. Enjoy the perfect combination of spicy, sweet, and savory that’s ready in just minutes!
If you enjoy shrimp recipes, you’ll definitely want to check out our Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp or Creamy Shrimp Linguine next!
I grill at least 3 times a week in the summertime and these Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are definitely in the rotation! Pineapple and shrimp go PERFECTLY together. Plus, grilled fruit is the best!
These skewers are great for a fun family activity. Each person can join in to help put them together, and one designated grill master can have the honor of cooking these tasty bites! If you don’t have a grill, then make shrimp pineapple skewers in the oven for equally tasty results.
Pineapple Shrimp Skewer Ingredients
These Pineapple Shrimp Skewers are so easy to put together! All you need is:
- 1 lb shrimp (raw, peeled, and deveined)
- One large red pepper
- One large orange pepper
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 red onion
Of course, you’ll need to season the shrimp. I like to season my shrimp cajun style. The combination of flavors blends perfectly with the pineapple so that with each bite you get a blend of savory and sweet!
Shrimp Pineapple Skewers Marinade:
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Crushed Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Lime
- Olive oil
It is best to season the shrimp and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before making these shrimp kabobs. Prepare and marinate the shrimp first, then set it aside. While the shrimp is marinating, slice the peppers and onion.
How spicy are these Pineapple Shrimp Skewers?
These shrimp kabobs can be as spicy as you want them! It is all in the peppers you choose to use.
Jalapenos are great if you want just a hint of spicy, but if you like full-blown spicy try using serrano peppers. They are 9 times spicier than jalapenos, which means that pack an immense punch!
What to eat with Pineapple Shrimp Skewers?
- Avocado Crema is the perfect sauce to dip your skewers in! (And it takes less than five minutes to make!)
- Salsa is a must. Here is my five-minute Homemade Salsa Recipe. It is so delish!
- Chipotle Cream is a great smoky flavored dipping sauce that pairs perfectly with these skewers.
- A colorful salad is a perfect side. Try this Cucumber Salad or Mediterranean Pasta Salad.
- If you’re looking for more things to throw on the grill, try these Habanero Bison Burgers, Grilled Pineapple Beyond Burgers, or Greek Lamb Burgers!
I enjoyed these Shrimp Skewers with Coconut Rice and Grilled Garlic Herb Eggplant!
I hope you enjoy this Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Skewers Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More delicious things to throw on the grill:
- Pineapple Beyond Burgers
- Tri-Tip Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Greek-Style Lemon Yogurt Chicken
- Grilled Spatchcock Chicken (Grilled Whole Chicken)
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
Seasonings for Shrimp
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp (raw, peeled, deveined)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Ingredients for the Skewers
- Marinated Shrimp
- 2.5 cups Pineapple, cut into cubes (about 1/2 fresh pineapple)
- 1 Large Red Pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 Orange Pepper, cut into cubes
- 4 Jalapeno Peppers, sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut into cubes
- Place wooden skewers in water to soak.
- Season the shrimp with the ingredients listed above and set the shrimp aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, slice the pineapple, peppers, and onions for the skewers.
- Prepare the skewers by alternating the pineapple, peppers, onion, and shrimp until all are used. Place the prepped skewers on a baking sheet. Be sure to reserve any remaining marinade.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Place the skewers on the grill and brush with some of the remaining marinade. Close the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the skewers and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked and no longer opaque.
I love making kebabs in the summer. I love how colorful and full of flavors these were!
Hi Marta! I am so glad you liked it!
These skewers look amazing. Great for the 4th!!
Indeed! I will definitely be making some for the holiday!
I’ve never put jalapeños on my kebabs but the addition of them in genius! Looks delicious!
Jalapenos are perfect for adding that spicy factor! They are spicy but not too spicy!
These shrimp skewers are amazing! Making them on the grill was so quick and easy.
The sweet and savory of it all so good. We substituted the shrimp for tofu and thoroughly enjoyed the grilled pineapple with the heat of the jalapeños
These were perfect! Luckily I had all the ingredients on hand and was able to recreate this at home since we don’t have a grill. Use my cast iron skillet and it worked just fine! Tons of flavor and I love the combo of the sweetness from the pineapple!
Hi Carita! Using the Cast Iron is a great option! I am so happy you liked the recipe!
I’m pretty obsessed with this recipe. Not only does it look beautiful, but it tastes great!
Hi Mila! I’m, so glad you’re obsessed with the recipe! It is one of my favorites!
Nope! You’re not the only one obsessed with grilling in the summer! With recipes like this it’s a no-brainer!!
These were so good on the grill on July 4th. I love the spice from the jalapenos. They absolutely spoke to my spicy palate!
I can’t wait to try these skewers on the grill!!
Hi Katrina! I am excited for you! They are so good!
I love the jalapeno on these! Normally not a fan of jalapeno flavor but grilling them with the shrimp and other veggies mellows out the flavor while allowing the spice to shine through.
I have been loving EVERYTHING pineapple and this was the perfect app for the 4th. Everyone loved it.
I have all ingredients at home and will try this amazing skewers soon. I am sure my kids will love it. Such a tropical twist to a shrimp skewer.
Hi Armelle! I hope you enjoy!
Love the contrast that sweet spicy flavors always has!!! Def trying this soon
These came in handy for the grilling season! Love the seasoning for the shrimp plus I love just about anything with pineapple. Great recipe!
These skewers are delightful!
Thank you Val!
Can the skewers be made up the night before?
Definitely! Just spritz with a little lime before grilling! Happy cooking!
These skewers are delish! This is my fav meal to grill with my friends!