This Quinoa Vegetable Salad is like your favorite pasta salad, but with a twist! It is ten times better than your typical salad, way better than pasta salad, and filled with tons of protein and carbs. It also is completely gluten-free and vegan (if you omit the crumbled cheese)!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
Quinoa is a gluten-free seed that can easily replace rice, pasta, and other grains. It is filled with TONS of protein, essential amino acids, fiber, and good carbohydrates.
According to the nutrition facts stated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), 1 cup of cooked quinoa amounts to:
- 222 Calories
- 39 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of protein
- 6 grams of fat
- 5 grams of fiber
- 1 gram of sugar (1)
Quinoa Salad With Feta
Quinoa serves as the base for this salad and the vegetables make this salad pop! I add asparagus, radish, red peppers, and cucumbers to my salad. Feel free to add your favorite vegetables!
Adding cheese is a bonus and will only elevate the salad even more! Feta is a perfect addition, but you can also use freshly grated parmesan or even Cotija cheese! For a vegan cheese option, try Violife Wedge Just Like Parmesan or Violife Just Like Greek Feta Cheese Block.
How To Make Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Quinoa cooks similar to rice and is typically a 1:2 ratio, meaning 1 cup quinoa needs 2 cups of water to cook.
- While the quinoa is cooking, slice your veggies into bite-sized pieces. You can cook the vegetables if you choose, or leave them raw.
- Once the quinoa is done, add the quinoa to a large bowl and mix in the vegetables and cheese. Top with fresh squeezed lime and avocado.
- You can enjoy this salad warm or cold!
This salad is perfect for picnics, cookouts, or gatherings with friends and family! It is very easy to make, only taking 10 minutes (after the quinoa is cooked). This salad is light, flavorful, and a great way to incorporate nutrient-rich vegetables into your meal!
I hope you enjoy this Quinoa Vegetable Salad!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
What To Eat With Your Quinoa Vegetable Salad
Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 2 Persian Cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 lb Asparagus, largely chopped
- 5 Radish, sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese (optional)
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, add quinoa and 2 cups of water (or vegetable broth) and a pinch of salt. Bring the liquid to a boil. Once a boil is reached, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer until the liquid is fully abosrbed (approximately 15 to 20 minutes). Remove the quinoa from the heat, allow it to cool down (about 5 minutes), and then fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Cut the radish, cucumber, and peppers into small slices. Chop the asparagus into medium to large bite-size pieces (about 2" to 3" pieces)
- In a pan over medium heat, lightly saute the asparagus for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix the ingredients together.
- Top the salad with lime and avocado and toss one final time.
- Serving: 6
- Fat: 10.6g
- Protien 9.3g
- Calories: 228