Mango Habanero Salsa is a refreshing burst of spicy and sweet flavors enhanced with jalapeño, onions, cilantro, smoked paprika, and lime. Serve this vibrant, flavorful salsa with tortilla chips or serve as topping, to complement everything from tacos to burgers. (This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, Whole 30, and Paleo Compliant.)
With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can make the best mango habanero salsa. The sweetness of juicy fresh mangos pairs with the heat of super spicy habanero peppers to create a mouthwatering salsa that you will want to put on everything! Whether it’s Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or a casual night at home, this chunky salsa has got to be on the menu!
Reasons This Mango Habanero Salsa Recipe Works
- Customizable! Make it as sweet or as fiery as your taste buds allow. Each ingredient can be swapped or omitted for something else to make this recipe truly yours.
- So Healthy! This spicy salsa is low in calories and packed with fruit, vegetables, and herbs so it has plenty of vitamins and nutrients and no additives or preservatives.
- Super Flavorful! Upgrade any dish when you add mango habanero salsa. And this homemade version tastes so much better than jarred salsa.
- Easy To Prepare! With just 10 minutes of prep time, simple fresh ingredients, and easy-to-follow instructions, this recipe is easy to put together. No blender or food processor needed
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Large Ripe Mangos: You can use fresh or frozen mangos but if using frozen, fully thaw them before chopping.
- Red Onion: This complements the other flavors and counters the spicy and sweet qualities. It also adds more color to the mix.
- Jalapeño Peppers: This is an optional ingredient that adds additional flavor and a milder kick of heat than the habaneros.
- Habanero: As you chop, you can keep the seeds for even more heat. Make sure to handle the habanero peppers with gloves.
- Chopped Cilantro: Fresh cilantro adds an herby taste.
- Limes: Fresh lime juice adds a bright citrus flavor.
- Seasoning: Season simply with smoked paprika and sea salt.
How to Make Mango Habanero Salsa
DICE INGREDIENTS. Prepare the mango and vegetables. Dice the mango, red onion, habanero, cilantro, and jalapeño, and add everything to a mixing bowl.
ADD LIME, SEASON & MIX. Squeeze fresh lime juice onto the ingredients and season with salt and smoked paprika. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
TASTE + ADJUST. Taste and adjust the flavor as desired: add more lime juice for a more tangy flavor, more salt to heighten the flavor, and more smoked paprika for a more smoky flavor. Enjoy! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, tacos, or burritos!
Tips To Nail the Recipe
- Wear gloves when handling the habanero. If you come into contact with the pepper, immediately wash your hands and avoid touching your eyes.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients. There are very few ingredients so each one shines through.
- Avoid watery salsa by making just as much as you intend to eat that day. As the ingredients sit and mingle, they release moisture, making the salsa soggy over time.
What to Serve with Mango Habanero Salsa
Whether you’re using it as a dip, or topping, this recipe is absolutely a crowd-pleaser. Here are some tasty ways to use this spicy mango salsa:
- Tacos: Bring your mahi mahi fish tacos to life with this salsa.
- Nachos: Serve these on the side of Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos or these Carne Asada Nachos.
- Protein Topping: Add this to grilled chicken or burgers during your summer barbeques.
Substitutions + Variations
- Possible Add-Ins: Red Bell Pepper, tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocado
- Fruit: Love the idea of a fruity salsa but don’t like mangos? Try pineapple or peaches instead.
- Pepper: If you want spicy but can’t handle the heat of habanero, try jalapeño or serrano as substitutes. If you can’t find habaneros and still want a very hot pepper, try scotch bonnet pepper instead.
- Roasted Habaneros: Add olive oil to the pepper, place it on a baking sheet, and roast it in the oven for a stronger, smokier essence and depth of flavor.
Store leftover salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
How spicy are habanero peppers?
Habanero chilies have a spice level between 100,000 to 350,000 on the Scoville heat scale. To compare, habaneros are 100 times hotter than jalapenos. That is a very hot pepper.
Can I freeze mango habanero salsa?
I don’t recommend freezing salsa. When it is defrosted, the texture will be different.
What are the benefits of mango habanero salsa?
Mango habanero is low in carbs, fat, and calories. It’s rich in Vitamins A and C, calcium, and fiber.
I Hope You Enjoy This Homemade Mango Habanero Salsa Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Gluten-Free Salsa & Dip Recipes To Try!
- 5-Minute Homemade Salsa
- Mango Salsa
- Avocado Crema | Delicious 5-minute Recipe
- Vegan Ranch Dressing | Gluten-Free
- Best Baba Ganoush Recipe (Vegan)
- Dairy-Free Tzatziki Sauce (Vegan + Whole30)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus
Easy Mango Habanero Salsa
- 2 Large Ripe Mangos
- ¼ Red Onion
- 1 Jalapeño optional
- 1 Habanero seeded or deseeded
- ⅓ cup Chopped Cilantro packed
- 2 Limes, juiced plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Sea Salt to taste
- Prepare the mango and vegetables. Dice the mango, red onion, habanero, cilantro, and jalapeño, and add everything to a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice onto the ingredients and season with salt and smoked paprika. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as desired: add more lime juice for a more tangy flavor, more salt to heighten the flavor, and more smoked paprika for a more smoky flavor.
- Enjoy! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, tacos, or burritos!