These Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos are made with seasoned sweet potato rounds, Cuban-style black beans, spicy salsa, and guacamole. It is the perfect game day appetizer or healthy snack! (Gluten-Free & Vegan!)
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
I will be the first to admit… I am obsessed with sweet potatoes! And, why shouldn’t I be?! They are highly nutritious, super tasty, and versatile! Right now, I have a ton of sweet potatoes in my pantry so I decided to make these delicious loaded sweet potato nachos!
Why You’ll Love These Sweet Potato Nachos:
- They are vegan, making it great for everyone to enjoy. (Yes, its also top 8 allergen friendly as well!)
- These nachos are healthy AND super tasty!
- It’s filling and easy to make!
Here’s What You Need To Make Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes: I like to use long sweet potatoes that are not too big so that I can have the perfect chip-like finish. You can also use russet potatoes and make cottage fries as the base for your nachos.
- 1 Can of Black Beans: The Cuban-Style black beans from Trader Joe’s are PERFECT for this recipe (pictured below), but you can also use plain black beans. Just be sure to season your black beans with ~1 tsp Cumin, ~½ tsp garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 1 Large Avocado: You can cut the avocado into cubes and sprinkle it on top. My favorite is to make guacamole! For quick and simple “guacamole” for this recipe, simply smash the avocado with 1 lime juiced and a pinch of salt.
- 1 cup Salsa: I have an easy Homemade Salsa Recipe that takes five minutes to make: HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPE. You can also use your favorite pre-made salsa.
- Seasonings: Paprika, Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt, and Pepper
How to Make Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
It’s super easy and can be done in a few simple steps!
- Prepare the Sweet Potato Chips
- While the Sweet Potato Chips are in the oven, prepare your nacho toppings. (We will get into all the yummy toppings in just a minute!)
- Once the sweet potato chips are done, assemble your nachos!
How to Make Sweet Potato Chips
First, preheat your oven to 425°F. To prepare the sweet potato chips, simply cut the sweet potato into ¼ inch dials.
Then, transfer the dials into a medium-sized bowl and season with smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or two of olive oil. I’ve found that it is best to season the sweet potatoes in a bowl so that you can mix the ingredients together and ensure all the dials are fully coated.
Then arrange all of the dials onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and transfer them to the preheated oven. Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes and then remove them from the oven and flip each dial onto the other side. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
When the sweet potato chips are done they should be firm and golden with crispy edges.
What are the best nacho toppings
The beauty of these delicious healthy nachos is that the sweet potato chips can hold up to whatever you put on top so you can add whatever toppings you like! These nachos are easily customizable. You can keep them vegan (as I have in this recipe) or you can add shredded chicken or ground beef!
Here are my favorite toppings and what I use for these tasty nachos!
- Black Beans
- Avocado Crema
- Vegan Cheese (like this one)
Each of these toppings can be prepared while the sweet potato chips are roasting in the oven!
Making Nachos Healthy
You may be asking yourself, “Are these nachos healthy?”. The answer is Yes!
- Sweet Potatoes are incredibly nutritious and filled with tons of fiber and antioxidants
- Both the sweet potatoes and black beans provide a healthy amount of protein
- The guacamole and avocado crema provide essential amino acids and heart-healthy fats
- Plus, you are making them at home which means these nachos will be void of artificial ingredients and added sugars!
I hope you enjoy this healthy sweet potato nachos recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Sweet Potato Recipes!
- Delicious Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Bread
- Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper, as desired
- 1-2 Limes, Juiced
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/4" dials. Then, transfer the dials into a medium-sized bowl and season with smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
- Then arrange all of the dials onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and transfer them to the preheated oven. Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes and then remove them from the oven and flip each dial onto the other side. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, prepare the toppings. Warm the black beans, adding lime, salt and pepper to taste. Smash Avocado with 1 lime juiced and ~1/2 tsp salt.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a plate and top with your favorite toppings
This was fire! I love how the recipes are healthy, taste absolutely delicious, make me feel like a master chef, yet also have such simple directions
Thanks Leslie!! I am so glad you like the recipes!
I’ve had loaded white potatoes but not sweet potatoes!! Can’t wait to try these!!
Hi Vicky! Sweet Potatoes gives it a completely different flavor! I love it! I hope you enjoy!
This recipe is definitely on my list for the weekend! As a sweet potato fan, I can’t wait to give them a twist with this healthy recipe!
What a great concept! Definitely going to try this!
Hi Gita! Hope you like!
I do love my nachos but can sometimes feel a little guilty after eating them! This sounds like a delicious and healthy way to enjoy a favourite treat!
Brilliant recipe. You’ll never miss the cheese in these for sure. Sooo good
OMG love, love love this recipe! So easy to make, quick and frickin TASTEY!!!! 😋😋😋
Hi Leslie! I am glad you like it! This is one of my favorite go-to snacks/meals 🙂
I am drooling! i want it now!😩