Looking for a healthy Vegan Ranch Dressing!? You’ve found it! This plant-based ranch is a tasty dairy-free ranch alternative made with 5 simple ingredients! It’s zesty, creamy, nutrient-dense dressing, and ready in minutes! (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, and Oil-Free!)
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
Welcome to the best vegan ranch dressing there is! Instead of perusing the long aisles of the supermarket and wondering, “What ranch dressing is vegan?”, how about making your own!? There is no need for cashews, tofu, mayo, or any other bizarre vegan alternative. Instead, this vegan ranch dressing recipe is made with nutrient-dense hemp seeds and a few other ingredients!
When blended with liquid, hemp seeds become soft and creamy. Hemp seeds take on any flavor it’s mixed with! Combined with the right ingredients you can have a delicious, creamy plant-based dressing in a matter of minutes!
The Base of This Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing Are Hemp Seeds!
Hemp Seed Health Benefits
This small seed is a nutrient powerhouse! It’s:
- High in antioxidants and essential fatty acids, Omega-6 and Omega-3
- A great source of protein! Three tablespoons of hemp seeds provide 9.46 grams of protein!
- Rich in Fiber, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Potassium, Folate, Vitamin B-6, and more!
What you need to make Vegan Ranch Dressing (Hemp Seed Ranch)
- Hemp Seeds: also known as hulled hemp hearts are the base for this dressing. My favorite is Nativas Organic Hemp Seeds! Whichever brand you choose, make sure they are labeled “hemp seed hearts” or “hulled hemp seeds”.
- Plain Plant-Based Milk: Plain, unsweetened almond milk works best, but you can also use whatever plant-based milk you have on hand or you can use water.
- Lemon Juice: The lemon juice gives the ranch the zesty flavor we like! You can use fresh lemon or bottled lemon juice.
- Dried Dill: Dill is an essential ingredient in Ranch dressing! In this recipe, you can use fresh dill or dried dill. Keep in mind that if you use fresh dill the dressing with be more green in color.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic adds a savory depth to the dressing. Fresh Garlic or Garlic Powder can be used.
- Fresh Parsley: I like to add fresh parsley to the ranch to make the ranch dressing slightly herbaceous. Adding parsley is completely optional!
That’s all you need to make this delicious Vegan Ranch Dressing aka Hemp Seed Ranch!
Simply add all of the ingredients into a high-powdered blender, and blend until smooth. Feel free to add more liquid to reach the desired consistency for your ranch dressing.
Ways To Enjoy Homemade Vegan Ranch Dressing
Use your Vegan Ranch dressing as a dipping sauce or as a dressing for your favorite salad. Here are some great recipes that go well with this Hemp Seed Ranch:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Skewers
- Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
- Accordion Potatoes
I Hope You Enjoy This Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Vegan Sauces And Dips:
- Avocado Crema |Delicious 5-minute Recipe
- The Best Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- 3-Ingredient Orange Cranberry Sauce
- How to Make Cashew Cream Sauce
- Vegan Chipotle Cashew Cream | Gluten-Free!
Vegan Ranch Dressing (Hemp Seed Ranch)
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender until smooth and creamy. Add up to 2 tbsp almond milk if you would like the dressing a bit thinner.
- High-powered blenders like Vitamix or Blendtec work great for this recipe. You can also use a small blender like the Ninja Personal Blender.
- Can use 1-2 fresh garlic cloves instead of garlic powder.
- If you would like to use fresh dill, use 1 tbsp in this recipe.
- Can store in an airtight mason jar for up to 5 days. Remember to stir before using.