This post may includes affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hemp Seed Health Benefits
This small seed is a nutrient powerhouse! It’s
- High in antioxidants and essential fatty acids, Omega-6 and Omega-3
- A great source of protein! Three tablespoons of hemp seeds provide 9.46 grams of protein!
- Rich in Fiber, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Potassium, Folate, Vitamin B-6, and more!
When blended with liquid, hemp seeds become soft and creamy. Hemp seeds take on any flavor it’s mixed with! Combined with the right ingredients you can have a delicious, creamy plant-based dressing in a matter of minutes!
What you need to make Hemp Seed Ranch
- Hemp Seeds: also known as hulled hemp hearts are the base for this dressing. My favorite is Nativas Organic Hemp Seeds! Whichever brand you choose, make sure they are labeled “hemp seed hearts” or “hulled hemp seeds”.
- Plain Plant-Based Milk: Plain, unsweetened almond milk works best, but you can also use whatever plant-based milk you have on hand or you can use water.
- Lemon Juice: The lemon juice gives the ranch the zesty flavor we like! You can use fresh lemon or bottled lemon juice.
- Dried Dill: Dill is an essential ingredient in Ranch dressing! In this recipe, you can use fresh dill or dried dill. Keep in mind that if you use fresh dill the dressing with be more green in color.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic adds a savory depth to the dressing. Fresh Garlic or Garlic Powder can be used.
- Fresh Parsley: I like to add fresh parsley to the ranch to make the ranch dressing slightly herbaceous. Adding parsley is completely optional!
That’s all you need to make this delicious hemp seed ranch!
Hemp Seed Ranch
Hemp Seed Ranch is a tasty dairy-free ranch alternative made with 5 simple ingredients. This creamy ranch dressing is dairy-free, oil-free, vegan, gluten-free, and has nutrient-dense hemp seeds as the base.
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender until smooth and creamy. Add up to 2 tbsp almond milk if you would like the dressing a bit thinner.
- High-powered blenders like Vitamix or Blendtec work great for this recipe. You can also use a small blender like the Ninja Personal Blender.
- Can use 1-2 fresh garlic cloves instead of garlic powder.
- If you would like to use fresh dill, use 1 tbsp in this recipe.
- Can store in an airtight mason jar for up to 5 days. Remember to stir before using.