What’s better than a warm, baked blueberry donut with a nice cup of coffee to start your day! These mouthwatering vegan donuts are gluten-free, naturally sweetened (refined sugar-free), and baked to perfection (instead of fried) so that you can enjoy this delicious treat completely guilt-free!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
Vegan donuts are becoming a popular fad! Whenever I walk into a coffee shop, centered in the display are delicious-looking vegan baked donuts! However, while I see vegan donuts everywhere, I hardly ever see vegan gluten-free donuts!
I’m here to fill that void! Gluten-Free Vegan Baked Donuts has become my “thing”. I mean, have you tried my Baked Strawberry Donuts with Lemon Glaze or Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Avocado Icing?! Both are gluten-free, vegan, soft, fluffy, and SOOO GOOD!
This quick and easy, 30-minute Vegan Baked Blueberry Donut Recipe is completely in order. These donuts are super easy to make! They are light, airy, and bursting with juicy blueberries! The only things you’ll need are the ingredients, a mixing bowl, and a donut pan. Here is the donut pan that I use: Wilton Non-Stick 6-Cavity Donut Baking Pan.
What You Need To Make These Vegan Baked Blueberry Donuts
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour: I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. You can use any gluten-free all-purpose blend you like, just make sure it contains xanthan gum. If you are not sensitive to gluten, you can use regular flour, like this one.
- Natural Sweeteners: I use pure maple syrup and coconut sugar to sweeten these donuts. If you do not have coconut sugar you can sub brown sugar.
- Lemon: The lemon adds an extra layer of zest and enhances the flavor of the blueberries. You’ll need the juice of a couple of lemons and some lemon zest. Make sure to rinse your lemon before zesting to remove any dirt.
- Non-Dairy Milk: Use any non-dairy milk you like. I use Almond Milk.
- Flax Egg: The flax eggs help to bind the ingredients together. To make the flax egg required for this recipe, simply mix 2 tbsp of ground flax with 5 tbsp and let it sit for 10 minutes before using.
- Vegan Butter: I use Earth Balance Vegan Butter. Use whatever brand of butter you like.
- Basics: Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Sea Salt, Vanilla Extract
How to make Vegan Baked Blueberry Donuts (Gluten-Free)
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix the Wet Ingredients together. Combine the wet and dry ingredients
- Fold in the Blueberries
- Use a piping bag or Ziploc bag with the corner cut out to evenly fill the donut pan openings.
- Bake in the oven.
- Let the donut cool in the muffin pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip the donuts in the glaze and place them on the wire rack to set.
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Glaze?
The blueberry glaze for the donuts is made with powdered sugar, so it is not refined-sugar-free. You can skip the glaze if you’d like, but it is quite enjoyable! To make the glaze, simply blend frozen blueberries in a food processor or blender, then add the powdered sugar, and lemon juice. Blend until it is smooth and then it is ready to use!
What To Eat With Your Baked Blueberry Donuts?
Well, of course there is coffee! But you can also try these drinks as well:
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Baked Blueberry Donuts Recipe!
Paired with coffee, it’s the perfect way to start your day, or topped with ice cream, it’s the perfect way to finish it! If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
Vegan Baked Blueberry Donuts (Gluten-Free)
- 1.5 cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 tbsp water
Blueberry Lemon Glaze
- 1/4 cup Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (195°C)
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the flax egg and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. In a seperate bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients, including the flax egg.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, whisking to combine. The batter should be thick. If it appears too thin, add 1 tbsp of gluten-free flour at a time until it thickens.
- Fold in the blueberries
- Lightly grease the donut pan with oil. Using a spoon or pastry bag, fill each donut opening until it is full to the top
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take the donuts out of the oven and let the donuts cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then gently transfer the donuts to a wire rack to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave the donuts as is, or try topping them with the Blueberry Lemon Glaze!
- Can sub 1/3 cup Applesauce instead of flax egg to keep vegan or use 2 Eggs for the non-vegan option
- For best results, when you remove the donuts from the oven, let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack for up to ten minutes. The longer they cool the more firm they will become, making it easier to add any glaze or icing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Can store in the freezer for up to one month.