Tender, flavorful chicken wings drenched in lemony herbaceous sauce making each bite so sensational, it’ll leave you wanting more and more! These lemon herb chicken wings are a wonderful family dish made with all real ingredients!
Okay, I don’t normally toot my horn, but in this case, I literally have to. So, here it goes, *TOOT TOOT!*, very loud, blaring, and proud! Okay, now that I got that out, I must tell you, my lemon herb chicken wings are the best wings ever! I know you’re probably thinking sure, everyone says that, but just wait until you try this recipe.
This Lemon Herb Chicken Wings recipe is one I’ve made for numerous occasions, mostly by request. Today I will share all the tips and tricks you’ll need to make the perfect herbaceous wings every time. The beauty of this recipe is that you can bake these wings or grill them, both ways are perfect!
How to make the best lemon herb chicken wings
The first key for the best results is to use as many fresh herbs as possible. My favorites to use are Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme.
Don’t skimp on the seasonings. Seasonings are essential to enhance the flavors of this dish. I use Paprika, Cumin, Chili Powder, and Dried Oregano.
Make your marinade from scratch using the ingredients I’ve listed. No need to buy a store brought marinade when you can make a high-quality, preservative-free, flavorful marinade at home. Instead of seasoning the chicken with the herbs and spices, add everything to a small bowl of olive oil and juice of a few lemons.
The most important tip! Make sure to use high-quality chicken. I buy my chicken from Buy Ranch Direct, a co-op of family-owned & operated ranches, dedicated to providing a consistent source of responsibly and sustainably raised meats that are completely organic grass-fed AND finished. They ship within the U.S. so you can have quality meat delivered to your door. I offer two box options at the Good Food Baddie VIP discount rate if you’re interested!
Now that you have your chicken and this delicious marinade, the next step is to transfer the chicken to a large bowl and all the wings are evenly coated in the marinade.
The last and final secret is time. If you have some extra time, make this dish ahead of time for the best results. Marinade the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking to allow the flavors to seep through the chicken.
Now you know exactly how to make delicious wings. When you are ready to cook the wings you’ll simply transfer them into a large oven-safe dish and roast the chicken for at least 45 minutes.
A couple of tips on how to make the best oven-baked Lemon Herb Chicken Wings
- Bake the chicken covered. Make sure the temperature is not too high, 375°F is just right.
- I personally think a slow roast for at the bare minimum of 45 minutes makes the best chicken that falls off the wings. I usually bake my chicken for an hour, placing it in the oven, setting the timer, and just letting the oven do its thing.
- Once the chicken is done its initial roasting, uncover the chicken and flip the wings to the other side. Then, transfer the chicken back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes so that it develops a golden crispy skin.
Now you are equipped with everything you need to know about making THE BEST Lemon Herb Chicken Wings. I cannot wait for you to make them! If you do, don’t forget to share pictures with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you all and seeing your delicious creations!
Best Lemon Herb Chicken Wings
- 2-3 lbs Chicken Wings
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped for garnish
Lemon Herd Marinade
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3-4 Lemons
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Sage, roughly chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsp Fresh Rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Crushed Peppers, optional
- Prepare the lemon-herb marinade using the ingredients listed.
- In a large bowl, or oven-safe pan combined chicken and marinade. Mix well to evenly coat the chicken. If time permits allow the chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours (covered in the fridge).
- When ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 365°F. (If the chicken was marinating in the fridge, remove the chicken from the fridge to allow it to come to room temperature before cooking)
- With chicken in an oven-safe baking dish, add sliced lemon and top with salt and pepper, about 1/2 tsp each.
- Cover the chicken with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil covering the chicken and bake the chicken for an additional 15 minutes to develop a golden brown skin.
- Garnish with Parsley and serve.