Make a mouthwatering vegan frittata using Just Egg, garlicky spinach, sautéed artichokes, and colorful peppers! This 7-ingredient frittata recipe is filling, easy to make, and incredibly delicious!
If you’re looking for more recipes using JUST Egg, you’ll definitely want to try my Easy JUST Egg Vegan Scramble next!
Let me just say, I am a fan of Just Egg! I like the way that it cooks just like regular eggs and is made with simple and clean ingredients! I LOVE the way it tastes, especially in this spinach artichoke frittata. And lastly, the texture and taste make me feel like I am eating actual eggs!
If you’re looking for the best egg-free frittata, this is it!
Frittatas are perfect for hosting a brunch or having a large breakfast with family and friends. They are filling, super easy to make, and easily customizable, which means you can add any and all of your favorite meats, veggies, and cheeses.
This delicious, flavorful vegan frittata recipe is made using 7 simple ingredients:
- JUST Egg
- Red Pepper
- Red Onion
- Fresh Herbs & Seasoning
What is Just Egg
JUST Egg is a plant-based egg alternative made primarily from water, Mung bean, and turmeric. It mimics real eggs in look, texture, and flavor and is packed with protein (7g of protein per serving). Not only does it tastes like egg, but it scrambles and cooks just like eggs.
Can you use JUST Egg in baking?
How to Cook Just Egg
Yes, you most certainly can! While JUST Egg is known best for its ability to mimic perfectly scrambled eggs, it is also great in baking and can be used to make pancakes, quick bread, or frittatas!
Where to buy JUST Egg?
I purchased my JUST Egg from Vons Grocery Store. I have also purchased JUST Egg from Whole Foods as well. Here’s the link if you want to skip the store and buy it online: JUST Egg, made from plants.
You can easily turn this JUST Egg recipe into JUST Egg Mini Frittatas! Simply the peppers, artichokes, onion, and spinach. Then, transfer the ingredients into a large bowl and add the Just Egg and fresh herbs. Mix well, and pour the mixture into a muffin tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and there is no liquid in the middle of the frittata.
Plant-Based Recipe Using JUST Egg
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Spinach Artichoke Frittata Using JUST Egg. If you try this recipe, don’t forget to rate it and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share it with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
What to eat with your Vegan frittata!
Spinach Artichoke Frittata Using JUST Egg
Spinach Artichoke Frittata using JUST Egg | Easy Egg-Free Frittata
- 2 12 oz bottle JUST Egg
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 cup Artichoke (frozen or marinated, drained)
- 1 cup Onion, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 2 Jalapenos, sliced
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Sprig Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter (or cooking oil)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium-sized bowl, Generously season the JUST eggs with salt and pepper, and one tsp Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Dice onion and red peppers into 1-inch strips. Mince garlic cloves and slice the jalapenos.
- In a cast-iron over medium heat, add 1 tbsp vegan butter (or cooking oil) and onions. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and 1 tbsp vegan butter (or cooking oil) to coat the pan. Saute the ingredients for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add artichokes and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. (If artichoke hearts are frozen, cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the artichokes are soft and golden brown on the outside).
- Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Pour the seasoned JUST Egg mixture into the cast iron over medium heat. Use your spatula to move the ingredients around, making sure the ingredients are evenly dispersed and all parts of the pan are coated evenly.
- Allow the frittata to set at the bottom, about 4-5 minutes. (Do not move or stir the frittata) You’ll notice the edges start to firm.
- Place the cast-iron in the oven for 10-12 minutes. The frittata will be golden on the top. To get an even more golden top, finish the frittata under the broiler for 3 minutes on the lowest setting.
- Take the frittata out of the pan and cut into triangular slices and serve. Top with Cilantro, (vegan) Sour Cream, and Salsa! Enjoy!
- Simply the peppers, artichokes, onion, and spinach. Then, transfer the ingredients into a large bowl. Once they have cooled, add the Just Egg, fresh herbs, and seasonings. Mix well, and pour the mixture into a muffin tin. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and there is no liquid in the middle of the frittata!