This slow cooker White Bean Chicken Chili is a hearty, flavorful, and easy weeknight meal that can feed the whole family. Top with avocado, jalapenos, cilantro, and shredded cheese for a full-on mouthwatering meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for supporting the site!
Chili is one of my favorite comfort foods! I like to make my chili in the slow cooker because it makes cooking my favorite comfort dish ten times easier. I also love the aromas that fill my entire home as the slow cooker is working its magic. I get to sit back and relax with my feet up knowing I’ll have a delicious meal ready to enjoy in a few hours.
How to make White Bean Chicken Chili
I’ve learned the best way to create the most flavorful chili in the slow cooker is to season and do a quick sauté of the chicken, garlic, and onions before adding all of the ingredients to the CrockPot. This helps the chicken to seal in the flavors, and the caramelized onions bring a rich flavor to the dish. After that, it gets even easier: all you have to do is add all the ingredients into the slow cooker and let the magic happen.
Best sides to serve with chili
I like to eat my chili over rice, but my boyfriend just loads a heaping amount into a bowl and enjoys it with a few toppings. My grandmother would always serve chili with cornbread. That’s always been my favorite way to eat chili. The cornbread would soak up the glorious sauce like a sponge and made each bite all the better. I’ve been working on my gluten-free cornbread recipe. I am close to perfecting it and can’t wait to share it with you when I do!
A few side dish ideas:
Cilantro Jalapeño Cauliflower Rice | A tasty low-carb option
Sweet Potato Bread | A Savory Gluten-Free Quick Bread
Brown Basmati Rice or Quinoa
Best Chili Toppings
I love loaded up my chili with as many toppings as possible! Here’s a list of my favorite toppings for this White Bean Chicken Chili:
- Sliced Avocado
- Shredded Cheese (I use vegan cheese, like this one)
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream (or a dollop of coconut cream for a tasty dairy-free option)
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Fresh Lime
You’ll definitely enjoy this Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili! It’s
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
Ingredients to Season and Saute Chicken
- 1.25 lb Ground Chicken
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Ingredients to add to the Slow Cooker
- Seasoned Chicken with onion and garlic
- 16 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 cups White Beans (I use Great Northern Beans & Pinto Beans)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 8 oz diced green chiles
- 2 Celery Stalks Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 16 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 Jalapenos, diced
- 1 Habanero, minced (optional)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- In a skillet over medium heat, add onion, garlic, and oil. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the ground chicken and seasonings. Saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the seasoned ground chicken, and remaining ingredients into a 6-quart or larger sized slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the chili is finished, serve into bowls and top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and then add any of your favorite toppings! Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- I use canned beans in this recipe. Make sure to rinse and drain first. You can also use presoaked beans in this recipe.