Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta. A vibrant, herbaceous, garlicky, luscious pasta sauce that can be made in less than 10 minutes! Toss in your favorite pasta and you can even top with your favorite protein for a more filling meal!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
What’s better than a healthy pasta dish that can be made in less than 10 minutes?! Seriously, this avocado pesto pasta is a dream! It takes longer to boil the pasta than to make this pesto sauce. Once the noodles are al dente and the pesto sauce is made, you simply toss the pasta into the sauce and enjoy!
How To Make Avocado Pesto
Making Avocado Pesto Sauce from scratch will be the easiest sauce you’ll ever make! The avocado makes the pesto sauce so luscious and creamy! Fresh basil gives the pesto the signature vibrant taste! You can also add in arugula or spinach for an added nutrient boost!
Simply place all the ingredients into the food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. If you like a chunky texture to your pesto use a food processor. If you like your pesto smoother, use a high-powered blender.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Pine Nuts
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
Turning this Creamy Avocado Pesto into a Vegan Creamy Avocado Pesto is SUPER easy and only involves one swap! Simply omit the parmesan cheese and swap with raw cashews! Cashews will give the pesto a rich creamy flavor; you would never guess it’s dairy-free! Don’t believe me? Check out this vegan pesto pasta salad I made here. 🙂
What Pasta Is Best With Pesto?
Any type of pasta works! Use whichever pasta is your favorite! I love to use potato gnocchi because it is fluffy, hearty, and quickly absorbs the flavor of the pesto! You can also try Penne, Fussili, Spaghetti, Rotini, or even Zucchini noodles for a healthy, low-carb option! My current favorite gluten-free pasta is Banza Chickpea Pasta and Taste Republic Gluten-Free Pasta!
What To Eat With Your Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta?
Enjoy this tasty pesto pasta on its own or serve it with your favorite protein. I like to make steak and serve it on top of my pesto pasta. Chicken, sausage, or vegan alternative meat are also great options! You can also serve this dish over a bed of greens like I did here and turn this into an avocado pasta salad.
More Pasta Recipes
I Hope You Enjoy This Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 8 oz Dry Pasta of Choice
- 1 Large Avocado, or two small avocados (skin and seed removed)
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 1/2 cups Basil, loosely packed
- 1 Lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp lemon juice)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (or 1/4 cup raw cashews for vegan option)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil, plus more if desired
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Crushed Pepper, optional
For Serving (Optional Add-ins)
- 1/3 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Toasted Pine Nuts
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until evenly incorporated. If you’d like your pesto thinner, add additional olive oil (1 tbsp at a time) until you reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the pesto to the cooked pasta over low heat. (Add in sun-dried tomatoes, optional). Mix until all noodles are covered and pesto is warmed, about 2-3 minutes. Store any leftover pesto in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to one month!