Avocado Crema is a luscious, tangy, mouth-watering sauce made with avocados, cilantro, and a few other simple ingredients. It is a versatile sauce that can be drizzled on everything from savory tacos, a hearty salad, sauteed chicken, roasted salmon, and more! This easy recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and can be made in less than 5 minutes!
What Does Avocado Cream Taste Like?
Avocado crema is like a luscious, sophisticated version of guacamole. The texture is smooth and creamy and it can be drizzled on almost any dish. The flavor is phenomenal. With this avocado crema recipe, the sauce has a tinge of spice from the jalapeno, a refreshing bite from the cilantro, and a rich creamy profile from the avocado.
How To Use Avocado Crema?
I love using avocado crema as a topping for tacos. No matter the type of tacos, avocado crema elevates the flavor and makes for a perfect dish!
- Wine-Braised Short Rib Tacos (my favorite to serve at parties)
- BBQ Jackfruit Tacos (pictured above & my fav for a delicious meatless meal!)
- The Best Vegan Tacos: Crispy Potato Tacos and Spicy Cauliflower Tacos
Meat and fish dishes also taste great with avocado crema drizzled on top or served as a dipping sauce, like my sheet pan salmon with roasted asparagus and potatoes! There are infinite ways in which you can use this delicious sauce; just have fun with it!
What Do You Need For This Avocado Cream Sauce Recipe?
- Olive oil
- Maple Syrup
- Garlic Clove
- Salt and Pepper
How To Store Avocado Crema?
Avocado cream sauce can last up to a week in the fridge. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container.
I like to make avocado crema once a week during my meal prep sessions and use it to dress my salads, as a dip for my chips and fresh veggies, and to drizzle over any meat dishes I may have at dinner. This avocado cream sauce is definitely a winner and one that elevates any meal or snack!
I hope you enjoy this Avocado Crema Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Delicious Sauces and Dips! (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- Vegan Chipotle Cashew Cream | Gluten-Free!
- 3-Ingredient Orange Cranberry Sauce
- How to Make Cashew Cream Sauce
- Mango salsa
- 5-Minute Homemade Salsa
Avocado Crema | Delicious, Dairy-Free Sauce
- 1 ripe Avocado, peeled & stone removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- ~half of a jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor until mixture is very smooth, light, and thick. Season with salt, as needed.
- Transfer Avocado Crema to a small bowl and top with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!