Air fryer potatoes tossed with olive oil and seasonings, then roasted to crispy, golden perfection. For a flavorful, crunchy outside and a fluffy, tender inside, air-fried potatoes are the way to go! Add this quick and easy side dish to your weekly dinner menu rotation. (This recipe is gluten-free and vegan.)
Craving more easy potato recipes? Try these crispy Cottage Fries, TikTok’s famous Accordion Potatoes, and garlicky Hasselback Waffle Potatoes next!
After a busy day, the last thing you want to do is ponder on what’s for dinner. Air fried potatoes are a no-brainer solution to your weeknight meals. With no oven required, this hassle-free side is a great way to round out your plate.
Reasons This Air Fryer Potatoes Recipe Works
- Quick and easy! I love roasted potatoes but these air fryer potatoes give you the same results in half the time. The process is super fast and simple. Slice, season, and air fry… that’s it!
- A healthier alternative! Air-fried potatoes require less oil than roasted potatoes or french fries so they’re a healthier choice.
- Versatile! Season them however you’d like then add them to your meals; breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- A crowd-pleaser! Whether you’re serving people with dietary restrictions or picky eaters, everyone loves a good potato dish. Plus, this recipe is completely gluten-free, vegan, and allergen-friendly.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Baby potatoes: Slice them in half.
- Oil: Oil helps the seasoning stick to the potatoes. Use avocado or olive oil
- Seasoning: I use a blend of Herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning), garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste, then add chopped parsley for garnish.
- Lemon: This is totally optional, but a squeeze of fresh lemon on freshly cooked potatoes is delish! The lemon brightens up the potatoes and adds delicious flavor.
How to Make Air-Fried Potatoes
PREHEAT. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 3-5 minutes.
SLICE & SEASON. While the air fryer warms up, cut the baby potatoes in half lengthwise. Then add the potatoes to a large bowl and season with olive oil, dried herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
AIR FRY. Once they are seasoned, add the potatoes to the air fryer basket. Then cook the potatoes for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
GARNISH. Squeeze lemon juice over cooked potatoes and garnish with parsley before serving.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Potatoes
- Don’t forget to preheat your air fryer so that the potatoes crisp up nicely.
- Slice the potatoes uniformly so they cook at the same rate.
- Leave the skin on the potatoes. That’s how you get that beautiful golden brown crisp. Plus, the skin holds most of the nutrients anyway.
- Skip the aerosol spray/cooking spray because it damages the air fryer basket.
- Remember to flip the potatoes halfway through for even cooking. If you shake the basket, the potatoes might break apart.
- Be mindful that cooking time varies depending on the make and model of your air fryer. So you may need to adjust your cooking time.
Here are some tasty ways to kick these potatoes up a notch:
- Spicy: Add some heat with a spice like paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cajun seasoning, or chipotle powder.
- Cheesy: I’d recommend parmesan cheese or mozzarella.
- Fresh Herbs: Add rosemary, oregano, or fresh dill.
- Meaty: Top with bacon crumbles for a savory side.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Potatoes
- Instant Pot Ribs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Grilled Spatchcock Chicken Recipe
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Red Wine-Braised Beef Brisket
- Oven Baked Trout
- Air Fryer Salmon
I love a good sauce with potatoes! Here are some sauces to drizzle on your air-fried potatoes:
- Vegan ranch dressing
- Homemade curry ketchup
- Chipotle crema
- Avocado cilantro crema
- Dairy-free tzatziki
- Hot Honey Sauce
Storage and Reheating
Store cooled potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Air fryer roasted potatoes will last in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to reheat, preheat the air fryer to 400°F and roast for 5 minutes.
How long does it take to cook potatoes in the air fryer?
Potatoes should cook in the air fryer for approximately 20 minutes at 400°F. They are ready when they are fork-tender.
What kind of potatoes are best for air frying?
You want potatoes that will crisp up perfectly so I recommend baby potatoes, russet potatoes, Yukon golds, and red potatoes.
Why are my air fryer potatoes not crispy?
If your potatoes don’t come out crispy, you may have overcrowded the basket. The hot air needs room to circulate. Otherwise, your potatoes may come out soggy. If your air fryer is small, you may need to cook in batches.
Do I need to soak my potatoes before air frying?
Some air fryer potato recipes tell you to soak the potatoes prior to cooking to release the starch and get a crispier potato. This recipe doesn’t require that. Follow my tips and tricks and you’ll have crispy air fried potatoes without that extra step!
I Hope You Enjoy This Air Fryer Potatoes Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes To Try!
- Best Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Asparagus
Easy Air Fryer Potatoes
- 1 lb Baby potatoes halved
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive oil
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 400F for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half lengthwise. Add the potatoes to a large bowl and season with olive oil, dried herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the potatoes to the air fryer basket. Cook potatoes for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Squeeze lemon juice over cooked potatoes and garnish with parsley before serving.
I made these air-fried potatoes the other day and they were amazing! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. A perfect and healthy snack for kids. Thank you for the recipe.
You’re welcome! I am glad you enjoyed the recipe 🙂