This sheet pan salmon meal is perfect when you want an easy, healthy filling meal. The salmon is cooked asparagus, and herb-crusted potatoes, and served with a luscious avocado crema. This sheet pan meal will quickly become your go-to weeknight meal!
I love making delicious, elaborate dishes that can knock people’s tastebuds out of this world. However, I also enjoy a quick, simple meal that does the same, which is why one-pot or one-sheet pan meals are my absolute favorite!
For This Sheet Pan Salmon Recipe You Will Need:
- Salmon: Thick cuts of salmon work great and absorb the flavors of the herbs, lemon, and seasoning while developing the perfect crust and remaining tender and moist on the inside. A quick tip: I like to marinate my salmon (for at least 10 minutes) with coconut aminos and dash of salt before cooking it to produce a deep rich flavor.
- Asparagus: Asparagus is perfect for this recipe because it cooks well with the salmon. It develops a caramelized, slightly crisp outer layer and remains soft on the inside as it absorbs the lemon and surrounding flavors.
- Baby potatoes: I love using multi-colored potatoes because it makes for an aesthetic dish once cooked. Red potatoes also work well!
- Seasonings: Salt and Pepper are the main seasonings here, along with a touch of smoked paprika to season the salmon
- Fresh Herbs: I love using fresh herbs in my dishes! Fresh Rosemary is needed to season the potatoes and fresh dill is needed for the salmon.
To make this dish even more flavorful, I drizzle my favorite Avocado Crema sauce on top!
Avocado Crema is a simple, yet incredibly delicious sauce. It’s the somewhat elevated version of guacamole but more sophisticated and versatile. I LITERALLY put my avocado crema sauce on everything: short-rib tacos with pineapple salsa, protein-packed salads with roasted vegetables, mushroom beet burgers with sweet potato fries, ON my sweet potato fries. Honestly, this sauce compliments everything, especially this delicious, easy sheet pan salmon meal!
My Avocado Crema Recipe takes only minutes to make as all you need are a few ingredients and a blender. In my recipe, I use fresh cilantro, jalapeno, and a few other ingredients and it turns out phenomenal every single time. I would highly recommend it for this salmon dish.
A Few Tips To Make Your Easy Sheet Pan Salmon Dish A Success:
- First, cut the baby potatoes in half and roast in the oven for thirty minutes, then add the salmon and asparagus and finish the dish. Potatoes take longer to cook and you do not want to dry out the salmon while trying to cook the potatoes.
- If you have coconut amino sauce (or soy sauce), marinate the salmon with a few teaspoons and season with salt, while the potatoes are in the oven. This helps the salmon yield the most flavor as it is cooked.
- You can place the potatoes, salmon, and asparagus on separate areas of the sheet pan or mix them together — both ways cook perfectly.
- If you have a silicone baking mat or aluminum foil, use this to line your sheet for a quick, easy cleanup.
I Hope You Enjoy The Recipe! For More Salmon Recipes, Check Out These:
- Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe
- Air Fryer Salmon | Easy 15-minute recipe!
- Easy Smoked Salmon Salad
- 3-Ingredient Honey Garlic Air Fryer Salmon
- Jerk Salmon Bowl with Mango Salsa
- Maple Glazed Salmon
Easy Sheet Pan Salmon with Asparagus and Potatoes
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 1 pound Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 pounds Baby Potatoes
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Rosemary
- 3 tbsp Fresh Dill
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Lemon, thinly sliced
Optional (to marinate salmon)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Amino Sauce (or Soy Sauce)
- ~1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut baby potatoes in half and arrange them on large sheet pan. Season the potatoes with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, fresh rosemary, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. (If you cut potatoes into small 1/4 inch cubes, you can bake for shorter time, ~15 minutes).
- While the potatoes are baking, you marinate the salmon with salt, fresh garlic, and coconut amino sauce (or soy sauce).
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, arrange the salmon and asparagus on the sheet pan. Season the salmon with smoked paprika, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fresh dill. Season the asparagus with salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the entire dish and place sliced lemon along salmon and asparagus. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through. (No more than 30 minutes)
- Serve and Enjoy!