Air fryer radishes are seasoned with fresh herbs and spices, then roasted to perfection in just 15 minutes! These crispy radishes are the perfect keto-friendly potato substitution, low-carb side, or healthy snack. (This recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegan.)
When you think of radishes, it’s probably as filler food in a salad or soup. Ever since I tried roasted radishes, I am obsessed! They are perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Simple seasonings like salt, pepper, fresh herbs, and a bit of lemon give the radishes a delicious flavor! If you dislike raw radishes, give roasted radishes a try! You will quickly fall in love with this air fryer radishes recipe.
Air fried radishes are a quick and easy way to cook this root vegetable. The radishes taste like a blend between parsnips and potatoes. The best part is that these air fry radishes pair well with just about anything!
Reasons This Air Fryer Radishes Recipe Works
- Versatile! Air fry your radishes and enjoy them as a standalone snack or a side to your favorite entrees. Pair with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Nutritious! Radishes are always a nourishing option. They’re an excellent source of Vitamin C and packed with potassium, which helps to lower high blood pressure.
- Diet Friendly! Whether you’re on keto, paleo, a low-carb diet, or just looking for a healthy side to go with dinner, this is a great low-calorie option.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Radishes: Make sure they are fresh.
- Olive oil: This helps the seasoning stick to the radishes.
- Seasoning: I use a simple but tasty blend of garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and herbs de Provence (or dried oregano).
- Chopped fresh parsley: This optional ingredient adds a pop of color to the finished dish.
- Lemon wedges: Serve these on the side in order to brighten the flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Radishes
PREPARE RADISHES. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Wash, trim and dry radishes. Cut the radishes in half and place them in a large bowl.
SEASON. Then toss with oil and seasonings until evenly coated.
COOK. Place the radishes in the air fryer in a single layer. Cook radishes for 8 minutes. Shake the basket and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until fork tender and lightly crisp.
- Loaded Air Fryer Radishes: If you’re treating this as a replacement for tots, top your air fried radishes with crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives.
- Air Fryer Radishes with Taco Seasoning: For a zesty, spicy side dish, season your radishes with this.
- Add Cheese: Radishes and feta are a delicious pairing. Top with cheese after the radishes are cooked. Use roasted walnuts for an added crunch. Or add parmesan cheese to the seasoning blend for a cheesy treat straight out of the air fryer.
Tips To Nail the Recipe
- Cut the radishes into roughly even pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Use fresh radishes. The leaves should be firm and green. If they are brown or wilted, they aren’t fresh. The radishes should be solid to the touch with bright red skin.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Place them in a single layer. Otherwise, you’ll end up with soggy radishes.
- Serve them immediately. Once they cool down, they get soggy so enjoy them while they’re hot!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Radishes
- Salad: Use them the classic way and add a little crunch to your salad. It tastes great with either Wild Rice Salad or Vegan Caesar Salad.
- Dips: If you’re enjoying this as a snack, pair it with a homemade dip. Try a creamy sauce like our Vegan ranch dressing or this mouthwatering Hot Honey Sauce.
- Side Dish: Serve radishes with some protein. Try our Whole Baked Cajun Chicken, Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Easy Oven Baked Trout, or Air Fryer Salmon.
Fresh radishes last about a week in the refrigerator. Refrigerate cooked radishes in an airtight container and consume them within 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing cooked radishes because the texture will be altered when they are reheated.
To reheat leftover air fryer radishes, place them in the microwave for 1 minute. You can also rewarm in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 400°F.
Are radishes better cooked or raw?
That depends on your particular taste. Both options are healthy but they do have distinct flavor differences. Raw radishes have a sharp peppery, slightly spicy taste. Whereas cooked radishes are softer, with a mellow, slightly sweet taste.
What can I do with a bunch of radishes?
After they are washed and dried, radishes can be sliced and eaten raw. You can also roast them in an oven, sauté on the stovetop, or cook them in an air fryer. Preserve the leaves and add them to a salad or soup as a garnish.
Do radishes need to be peeled before they are put in the air fryer?
No. Leave the skin on so the inside can get tender and juicy. It also adds a lovely pop of color.
I Hope You Enjoy This Air Fryer Radishes Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
Air Fryer Radishes
- 16 oz Radishes washed and cut in half
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or Avocado Oil
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Herbs de Provence or dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped optional
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Wash, trim and dry radishes. Cut the radishes in half and place in a large bowl. Then toss with oil and seasonings until evenly coated.
- Cook radishes for 8 minutes. Shake the basket and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until fork tender and lightly crisp.