Orange Cranberry Sauce. There is no need for canned cranberry sauce, especially when you can make it in less than fifteen minutes and with 3 simple ingredients! This delicious, healthy cranberry sauce recipe is sweetened naturally with orange juice and maple syrup. It is completely gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free!
Pair this cranberry sauce with my Spatchcock Roasted Turkey or Buttermilk Roasted Chicken for a flavorsome meal!
Making homemade cranberry sauce from scratch is incredibly easy! After you try it once, it’ll be hard to go back to the premade version! This cranberry sauce is the perfect addition to your holiday meal. Serve it alongside turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread, stuffing, or your favorite holiday dishes.
Here’s What You Need To Make This Homemade Orange Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Cranberries: You can use fresh or frozen cranberries. (I prefer to use frozen)
- Oranges: You will need orange juice and orange zest. Make sure to zest the orange before you juice it.
- Maple Syrup: This recipe is perfectly sweetened with maple syrup. It gives the cranberry sauce a rich flavor! Make sure to use pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- Optional: If you like cranberry sauce with orange AND cinnamon, you can add cinnamon to the sauce while it is cooking! The cinnamon gives the sauce a warm, festive flavor.
How To Make Orange Cranberry Sauce
To make the orange cranberry sauce, simply add the ingredients (except the orange zest) to a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Bring the saucepan to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer the cranberries for 10 minutes, or until most of the cranberries have burst. Finally, mix in the orange zest and remove the cranberry sauce from the heat and allow the cranberry sauce to cool. The cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
What To Serve With Orange Cranberry Sauce
Or course, you can serve your cranberry sauce the traditional way with Thanksgiving Turkey, but there are tons of other ways too! Take that turkey, and with mayo, bread, and cranberry sauce, you can make a spectacular sandwich! You can also serve your cranberry sauce with these dishes:
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Herb-Crusted Spatchcock Chicken
- Sourdough Stuffing (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon-Herb Chicken Wings
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
I hope you enjoy this 3-Ingredient Cranberry Sauce Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Homemade Sauces and Condiments:
Orange Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 3/4 cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup, plus more if desired
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or 2 cinnamon sticks)
- 1/4 tsp Ground allspice
- Add the orange juice, cranberries, and maple syrup (and any optional add-ins) to a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the saucepan to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the cranberries for 10 minutes, or until most of the cranberries have burst.
- Finally, mix in the orange zest and remove the cranberry sauce from the heat. Taste, and adjust as desired: adding more maple syrup to cut any bitterness. Allow the cranberry sauce to cool. The cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve & Enjoy!
Just in time for Thanksgiving! I needed an easy yet different kind of cranberry sauce to make this year!
Hi Mirlene! I hope you enjoy!
Perfect timing. I have been looking for this recipe and the consistency is just right the way it looks. The recipe is easy and with pertinent information.
Hi Roxana! I am happy you enjoy the recipe!
This is so much better than canned cranberry sauce! I love the added spices to give it more warmth. There won’t ever be leftover cranberry sauce now!
YES! I am glad you think so. No more canned cranberry sauce!! Thanks for leaving a review!
What a great cranberry sauce recipe! It’s so simple to make and fresh tasting. Perfect holiday side dish!
It’s amazing how delicious cranberry sauce can be with such few ingredients!
Right! It doesn’t take much to make a great cranberry sauce! I am glad you liked the recipe 🙂