Here’s a chicken salad recipe that will make you rethink the way you’ve enjoyed chicken salad in the past. This is well beyond adding cranberries and almonds to your chicken salad and a much more satisfying combination. There are two ingredients that take this chicken salad to the next level, AND also provide incredible nutrients that comply with Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 Diet: Avocado and Coconut Cream!
Coconut Cream is the perfect, non-dairy substitute for cream. It has 0 net carbs, 5.2 grams of fat, and about a gram of protein, making it no only keto-friendly, but perfect for those who enjoy creaminess but don’t enjoy dairy.
Even unsweetened, which is the only way to have it for Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 compliance, it sweetens your food and provides a creamy consistency. What’s even better, is that it can be made in TWO simple steps. Simply, grab a can of full-fat coconut milk and put it into the refrigerator overnight. The next day, enjoy thickened coconut cream as the cream has solidified at the top and left the liquid remains behind. Try it in this recipe, but also try adding coconut cream to your morning coffee, your eggs, your smoothies. You’ll soon find that it becomes you’re go to creamer for any dish!
And, of course, we cannot forget about the amazing superfood, Avocado! Avocado, in all its splendor, is a great source of good fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and 20 essential vitamins in every serving.
For this recipe, there is no need for mayo, which should be avoided at all costs due to its high levels of oil and bad fats. The avocado and coconut cream makes this salad rich, creamy, and flavorful.
Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad
Capri Lilly | GFB
- prep time: 5 minutes
- cook time: 20 minutes
- total time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb chicken breast (cutlets)
- 1 tbsp EVOO or Avocado Oil
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Jalapenos, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Red Crushed Pepper, if desired
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375. In an oven safe dish, mix chicken, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and red crushed pepper. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting (or after), prepare the vegetables. Chop the onion, jalapeno, and cilantro into small slices.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Using two forks, shred the chicken into bite size pieces. Once shredded, allow the chicken to cool (about 10-15 minutes)
- After the chicken has cooled, mix the remaining ingredients together, using the forks to mash the avocado.
- Top the salad with lime and mix one final time.
- Serving: 5
- Fat: 22.1g
- Protien 21.4g
- Calories: 338