Avocado Chicken Salad is a healthy, nutrient-dense alternative to your average chicken salad. It is filled with heart-healthy fat, tons of protein, and tastes absolutely delicious!
There are two ingredients that take this chicken salad to the next level, AND also provide incredible nutrients that comply with Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 Diet: Avocado and Coconut Cream!
Coconut Cream is perfect for those who want to enjoy a dairy-free chicken salad without mayo or sour cream! And, of course, avocado is a great source of good fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and essential vitamins. Make sure to use a ripe avocado as it will make this chicken salad extra creamy.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD
- Chicken Breasts or Cutlets
- Onions, Peppers, and Garlic
- Coconut Cream (optional, added for extra creaminess)
- Spices: Salt, Pepper, and Red Crushed Peppers
- Optional Add-ins: Celery, Sliced Almonds, Dried Cranberries
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD
Start by roasting the chicken in the oven or use rotisserie chicken for an even faster option. Then, add sliced chicken and remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine, making sure to mash the avocado while mixing. Taste and adjust the flavor to your liking: adding more lime to make the chicken salad zestier, and more avocado to make it creamier.
I hope you enjoy this Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Unique Avocado Recipes:
- Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Avocado Bread | Vegan
- Avocado Crema |Delicious 5-minute Recipe
- Blueberry Avocado Pancakes | Gluten-Free + Dairy Free
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 Large Ripe Avocados, pits removed
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream, optional
- 2 Jalapenos, chopped
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1/4 tsp Red Crushed Pepper, optional
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
Prepare The Chicken Breast
- Preheat the oven to 375. In an oven-safe dish, mix chicken, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and red crushed pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Using two forks, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Once shredded, allow the chicken to cool, about 10 minutes)
Making The Chicken Salad
- Prepare the vegetables: Chop the onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Place the shredded chicken and remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Mix the remaining ingredients together, using the forks to mash the avocado.
- Top the salad with more lime. Taste and adjust the flavor to your liking: adding more lime to make the chicken salad zestier, and more avocado (or coconut cream) to make it creamier.