A mouthwatering strawberry peach galette made with ripe fruit, honey, and a dash of cinnamon, all wrapped in a delicious, buttery gluten-free crust. The perfect dessert for family and friends to enjoy together!
I had a beautiful time this past weekend. I spent a lot of time with my closest friends and my godson! It has been so long since we’ve all been able to get together, so this moment was a special occasion. We spent lots of time grilling, catching up with one another, and definitely lots of time laughing and enjoying each other’s company.
The highlight of my week was going strawberry with my best friend and her beautiful family. It was so lovely seeing everyone have such a fun time while enjoying nature’s beauty. The strawberry fields were luscious and full of vibrant strawberries!
With so many delicious strawberries I thought why not make a beautiful galette!
I have been dying to make a galette for quite some time and the strawberries were a complete inspiration.
Paired with juicy, ripe peaches, this galette is a dream. The flavors came together so perfectly with honey coating the fruit along with a touch of vanilla and cinnamon.
This Strawberry Peach Galette is:
It is the perfect amount of sweetness and is perfect for a dreamy homemade dessert.
How to make Gluten-Free Pie Crust
The crust is completely gluten-free and made with 5 simple ingredients!
- Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- Butter (cold and firm)
- Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
I adapted this pie crust recipe from Nicole Hunn at Gluten-Free on a Shoestring. I modified the recipe slightly and found that Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose 1:1 Flour works best for this recipe. It already has xantham gum in the ingredients and provides the best crispy, flaky crust. Here is the link if you are interested in using it!
Making the crust is the most challenging part and after you finish that step it gets a lot easier from here. While my crust chilled I prepared my galette filling. I thinly sliced the peaches and strawberries and transferred the peaches into a bowl with honey, cinnamon, and vanilla to soak while I prepared the strawberry roses.
The strawberry roses are just a simple touch that I added to my galette so it’d have a beautiful finish. I learned how to make the roses by watching this quick Youtube video. It is super easy if you are interested in trying. 🙂
Strawberry rose or not, once your fruit and crust are ready, you simply add the fruit to the crust, fold the sides, and bake! I like to drizzle honey and a bit of cinnamon on the crust before adding the fruit. It helps create a soft layer os sweetness in the crust.
Once the Strawberry Peach Galette is finished baking, you can top with ice cream and enjoy it!
This Gluten-Free Strawberry Peach Galette is definitely one to try! It’s sweet, extremely satisfying, and perfect for a delicious, impressive dessert to share with friends and family! If you use this recipe, don’t forget to share pictures with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you all and seeing your delicious creations!
Strawberry Peach Galette Gluten-Free
- 8 tbsp Butter (can use Vegan Butter)
- 2 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (like Bob's Red Mills 1:1)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Water, plus more if needed
Strawberry Peach Filling
- 1.5 cup Hulled Strawberries, sliced
- 2-3 Peaches, sliced
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup honey, + 2 tbsp for crust (omit if Vegan)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Egg, for egg wash (optional)
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and add salt and baking soda. Cut cold butter into cubes and add to the flour. Using a fork or spoon, break the butter into the flour. Make a small pit in the center of the flour and slowly incorporate water. Add 1 teaspoon of water at a time or more, if needed, to make sure the dough comes together with no dry spots.
- Coat your hands in flour and begin to form the dough into a round disc. Then, transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and begin to roll out the dough into a rectangle or circle until it is about 1/4 in thick. (If the dough is not maneuvering easily, form the dough into a disc, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. If the dough is too crumbly, do not be scared to add more water.)
- Once the dough is flattened and the crust is made, cover the crust with plastic wrap and transfer it to the fridge to chill for 30-45 minutes.
- While the crust is chilling, slice 2-3 peaches and the strawberries. Transfer the sliced strawberries into a medium-sized bowl and add honey, cinnamon, and vanilla. (Allow time for the peaches to absorb the flavors—about 20 minutes). In a small bowl, lightly coat the sliced strawberries in corn starch.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the crust onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush the dough with 2 tbsp of honey and sprinkle with cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. Leaving a 1-inch border around the edge, add the strawberries and peaches to the crust. Pour a tablespoon or two of any extra liquid from the peaches over the fruit.
- Fold the edges of the crust over the fruit. Brush the dough with an egg wash and sprinkle with coconut sugar. Then, place the galette in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer the galette into the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then top with ice cream if desired. Enjoy!