Try this Elderberry Sea Moss Gummies Recipe with Bladderwrack and Ginger! These gummies are packed with immunity-boosting antioxidants, minerals, and more!
Start with my Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gel recipe and turn it into the best sea moss gummies with this recipe!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
If you’ve been looking for DIY sea moss gummies, you’ve come to the right place!
Gummies are a great way to get in your nutrients and super easy to make! I enjoy making my elderberry sea moss gummies from scratch and I think you will too, especially because:
- You know exactly what is going in the gummies — no hidden filler, gelatins, sugars, or artificial preservatives!
- These gummies are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free!
- They are loaded with nutrient-rich superfoods!
Sea Moss Gummies Benefits:
These sea moss gummies are packed with all of the best immunity boosting superfoods and offer tons of benefits such as:
Boosting the immune system
Improving digestive health
Reducing congestion/excess mucus
Providing tons of vitamins and minerals!
You can learn more about Sea Moss in this post: Sea Moss Benefits + How to Make Sea Moss Gel (the right way!!)
Elderberry Sea Moss Gummies Recipe with Bladderwrack
What you will need to make this Immunity Boosting Sea Moss Gummies Recipe:
Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gel
The base of these gummies is sea moss gel infused with ginger and elderberry. Hopefully, you’ve had a chance to check out my previous post and learn how to make it. If not, you can check it out here: Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gel | Easy Step-By-Step Recipe.
Bladderwrack is a type of seaweed packed with vitamins and minerals, offering a ton of incredible health benefits of its own, including increasing your thyroid health, aiding in digestion, and cleansing the body! When paired with sea moss, it enhances the effects of the sea moss! Here is the Bladderwrack I use: Cenalga Irish Organic Certified Bladderwrack Flakes
Cinnamon has incredible medicinal properties, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, and antimicrobial properties that help to improve blood sugar, fight bad bacteria, reduce inflammation, and improve digestive health.
The active ingredient in cayenne pepper, capsaicin, helps to increase your metabolism and the absorption of the other ingredients used in these gummies. It is also packed with antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta carotene!
The Maple syrup helps to slightly sweeten the gummies. Not much is used, but it does help, especially to counterbalance the taste of ginger and cayenne. Make sure to use pure maple syrup, like this one. You can also use honey (for a non-vegan option).
The lemon juice acts as a preservative to maintain the longevity of the gummies. It also helps that lemon juice is filled with vitamin C and powerful antioxidants!
Essentials needed to make these sea moss gummies:
Gummy Bear Kit
I like to use a silicone gummy bear mold because the gummy bears easily set and pop right out once they are ready. There is no need to spray the silicone mold with oil spray or non-stick. Here is the gummy bear mold I used (it came with 3 molds and 3 liquid droppers): Silicone Gummy Bear Candy Mold BPA Free.
Agar-Agar is a vegan gelatin made from red algae. It has no flavor, no odor, no color, and is completely vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free! It can be used to replace regular gelatin, which is typically made from animal body parts. Here is the Agar Agar Powder I used: Living Jin Agar Agar Powder
How to Use Agar-Agar Powder
In order to active agar-agar powder, it has to be heated. To activate it, simply:
- Grab a medium-sized saucepan and place it over medium-high heat.
- Add the liquid and agar-agar powder, making sure to stir it thoroughly to remove any chunks.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it sit for 1 minute.
- Give it one final stir. (the entire process should take 3-5 minutes). Then, stir in the desired ingredient (sea moss gel mixture).
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Then, add the mixture to the mold.
PRO TIP: I really want to emphasize that once you add the sea moss gel to the agar-agar mixture, YOU MUST WORK QUICKLY to transfer the mixture into the molds. Agar-agar sets extremely fast and you want to avoid the mixture solidifying in the saucepan.
You can read more about how to use agar-agar here.
How to Make Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gummies
Start with freshly made Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gel. You can get the recipe here: Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gel | Easy, Immunity Boosting Recipe.
For the best results, I highly recommend using freshly made (homemade) sea moss gel (not purchased sea moss gel). You can also use regular sea moss gel that has not been infused with elderberry and ginger.
Once you have your Sea Moss Gel ready, add the cinnamon, bladderwrack, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, and blend until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Measure 1 cup of the mixture and set it aside.
In a medium-sized saucepan, prepare the agar-agar (according to the instructions above). Once the agar-agar is ready, stir in the sea moss gel mixture until it is fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
Now it is time to move quickly. Remove the sea moss gel mixture from the heat. Using the liquid dropper, transfer the sea moss gel mixture into the gummy bear openings. 1 cup of the sea moss gel mixture should fill 3 (53 Cavities) gummy bear molds.
The gummy bears will immediately begin to set. Transfer the gummy bear mold into the fridge and allow them at least 1 hour to fully solidify.
After the gummies have set, remove the gummies from the mold and transfer them to an airtight mason jar.
How much Bladderwrack to add to Sea Moss?
Once you make the sea moss gel in the blender, before transferring it into a mason jar, add bladderwrack powder and blend to mix it into the sea moss. Add 1 tbsp of bladderwrack powder per 8 ounces of sea moss gel.
How many Elderberry Sea Moss Gummies to take daily?
Adults can take 2-3 Sea Moss Gummies a day.
How to Store Elderberry Sea Moss Gummies?
Store your Sea Moss Gummies in an airtight mason jar in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Can you freeze Elderberry Sea Moss Gummies?
Yes, you can store your elderberry sea moss gummies in an airtight mason jar and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw at room temperature before consuming them.
Can you taste the Sea Moss in these gummies?
The elderberry, ginger, cinnamon, and lemon help to minimize the sea moss taste. However, because these gummies are made with minimal ingredients, you can slightly taste the sea moss. (I do not find it overpowering at all.) If you want to reduce the sea moss taste even further, try using honey instead of maple syrup.
Where do you buy Sea Moss?
It is very important to buy sea moss from a trusted and reputable supplier! Beware of fake sea moss, which tends to have a chlorine smell or appear flakey!
I hope you enjoy this Elderberry Sea Moss Gummies Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate it and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
More Sea Moss Related Post:
Elderberry Sea Moss Gummies with Bladderwrack and Ginger
- 1 cup Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gel
- 1 tbsp Bladderwrack
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Agar-Agar
- 1 cup Elderberry Ginger Liquid Or Plain Alkalin Water
- Start with 8 ounces of freshly blended elderberry ginger sea moss gel (recipe linked below) or regular sea moss gel. Add the bladderwrack, maple syrup, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice to the sea moss gel in a blender. Blend until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Set Aside.
Activating the Agar-Agar
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add Elderberry Ginger Liquid (see notes below) and agar-agar powder. Stir continuously for 1-2 minutes to remove any chunks.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture starts boiling reduce the heat to low and let the mixture sit for 1 minute.
- Give it one final stir. (the entire process should take 3-5 minutes). Once the agar-agar is ready, stir in the sea moss gel mixture until it is fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
Making the Sea Moss Gummies
- Move quickly and remove the sea moss gel mixture from the heat. Using the liquid dropper, transfer the sea moss gel mixture into the gummy bear cavities.
- The gummy bears will immediately begin to set. Transfer the gummy bear mold into the fridge and allow them at least 1 hour to fully solidify.
- After the gummies have set, remove the gummies from the mold and transfer them to an airtight mason jar.
I encourage you to consult a doctor before making any health or diet changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. NO information on this website should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease or condition. Please refer to my Nutrition Disclaimer Here.