Delicious Watermelon Mint Salad is a refreshing summer staple made with juicy watermelon, fresh mint, and feta cheese. This 5-ingredient crowd-pleaser takes only five minutes to make and is perfect for picnics, beach days, BBQs, and gatherings!
This is the only watermelon salad recipe that you’ll need for the summer. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory with a hint of mint and lime to enhance the flavor. Read on or watch the video in the recipe card to learn how to slice a watermelon and make a delicious watermelon salad in five minutes!
Watermelon and Mint is the perfect flavor combination!
Firstly, I am a huge fan of watermelon! It is refreshing, hydrating, nourishing, and so delicious!! Each bite is filled with tons of electrolytes, amino acids, antioxidants, and healthy nutrients. Watermelon also pairs well with many unexpected foods, like chocolate for example. (If you’re curious and want to see for yourself, try my nutrient-rich Watermelon Chocolate Smoothie —it’ll change your life!)
Watermelon and mint is an incredible combination that is sweet and interestingly cooling simultaneously. Paired with lime and feta or goat cheese, this salad is a flavorful burst of savory tanginess!
What you need to make Watermelon Mint Salad
- 1 Medium Sized Juicy Watermelon
- Fresh Mint
- Avocado Oil (or Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Crumbled Goat or Feta Cheese (optional)
- Blueberries as garnish (optional)
How to pick a good watermelon?
An old tried and true trick is to weigh the watermelon. A juicy, ripe watermelon will be heavy, meaning it is full of water and flavor! If you are in the grocery store, grab a few, and see which feels the heaviest!
A couple of other tips to note: You do not want to pick a watermelon that is white on the outside, it means that it was picked too soon! Try picking watermelon with a uniform green exterior or even ones with a yellow spot, which indicates that it spent more time ripening and that is the spot where it sat in the field.
When to make this Watermelon Mint Salad?
The beauty of this salad is that it takes less than five minutes to make, especially if you use my cutting technique shown in the video on the recipe card! It is best to make this salad when you are ready to enjoy it (or before the party begins). It can last up to 12 hours in the fridge, but it’s ideal to enjoy this salad right away for the best results!
I hope you enjoy this Watermelon Mint Salad Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More delicious Summer Recipes!
- Grilled Garlic Herb Eggplant
- Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
- Charcuterie Board
- Lemon-Herb Chicken Wings
- Detox Cucumber Salad
- Cantaloupe Juice (Quick and Easy!)
- Tropical Guava Smoothie Recipe
Watermelon Mint Salad
- 1 Medium Sized Watermelon
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil (or EVOO)
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup Mint, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat Cheese (or feta Cheese) *Omit if vegan
- 2/3 cup Blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and transfer to a large bowl. (For a quick cutting method, watch the video linked below.)
- Mix the oil and lime juice together. Then pour over the watermelon
- Mix in the mint. Then top with crumbled cheese (optional).
- Garnish with blueberries & mint
- For Vegan Option: Omit the Cheese
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 12 hours.