Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew made with root vegetables and seasoned beef! It is 100% Whole30, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
Fall weather means it is officially soup season! Nothing feels better than coming home to a warm, cozy atmosphere and being greeted by an inviting smell of rich, delicious soup. This is a classic beef stew recipe is effortless and leaves you with a heartwarming soup exactly when you need it.
For a busy person, like myself and many of us who are juggling a ton of projects, social engagements, and work, sometimes the most satisfying thing is coming home to a prepared meal that is healthy, and mouthwatering good! The CrockPot is absolutely perfect for making flavorful hearty dishes, that take minimal effort to prepare.
Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food. On cool fall evenings, I serve myself a large bowl soup, cuddle up with a plush blanket, and watch a feel-good movie.
To get this soup prepared it only takes about 15 minutes—chop up some vegetables, quickly brown the beef stewed meat, and throw everything into a Crockpot with some broth and let the Crockpot do all the work. I get the stew started in the morning and continue with my day. Later in the evening, I have this warm, soul-soothing soup waiting for me to enjoy!
Try this delicious slow cooker beef stew! It is hearty and perfect for a cozy fall evening.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 lb Beef Chunk Stew Meat
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Shredded Kale
- 2 cups Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1.5 cups Chopped Carrots
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Crushed Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Mix the seasoning in a small bowl. Over Medium Heat, pour 2 tbsp cooking oil into a large skillet. Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add Beef chunks and half of the seasoning mixture. Sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Transfer beef chunks into the Crockpot. along with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Turn Crockpot on High and cook for 4-5 hours. (or on Low for 7-8 hours)
- Give the stew one final stir. The meat should be tender. Pour a serving into a bowl and enjoy!