These salmon bites are tender chunks of honey garlic marinated salmon cooked to caramelized perfection in the air fryer. Use this versatile protein for salad, tacos, and pasta for a quick and easy weeknight meal. (This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.)
This healthy salmon bites recipe is adapted from our 3 Ingredient Honey Garlic Air Fryer Salmon recipe. Want more salmon recipes? Then try our Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe, 15-minute Air Fryer Salmon, and this Easy Smoked Salmon Salad recipe next.
Air fried salmon bites are sweet, sticky, savory chunks of flaky salmon that melt in your mouth. Variations of this dish have made their rounds on TikTok and it’s easy to see why this recipe is so popular!
These addictive, succulent bite-size chunks are glazed with honey and enhanced with fresh garlic and crushed red pepper. They are definitely the best salmon bites I’ve ever had!
Reasons This Salmon Bites Recipe Works
- Easy Prep! With just a handful of ingredients, an optional marinade, and less than 10 minutes of cooking time, this is a low-effort recipe that results in a mouthwatering dish.
- So Versatile! Air fryer salmon bites can be used as protein in your favorite meals. Whether you’re craving rice, burritos, or roasted veggies, this dish is the perfect addition.
- A Healthy Option! Salmon is an excellent source of good fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein. Also, cooking gluten-free salmon bites in the air fryer is healthier than pan frying because it doesn’t require oil.
- Kid Friendly! Children love bite-sized foods. This is a great way to introduce them to seafood.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Salmon Fillets: Use fresh salmon or frozen salmon. If using frozen salmon, ensure it is completely defrosted before cooking. (5-8 ounces each)
- Coconut Aminos: This savory condiment tastes similar to soy but slightly sweeter with less sodium. It adds an umami flavor. Alternatively, use soy sauce.
- Honey: Balance the salty flavor of the coconut aminos with this natural sweetener. It also adds thickness to the marinade which helps to carmelize the salmon as it cooks in the air fryer.
- Garlic Cloves: Mince fresh garlic. If you are in a pinch, use 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, plus more to taste.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to taste.
- Red Crushed Pepper: Add this optional ingredient for a spicy kick.
How to Make Salmon Bites
PREPARE THE SALMON AND HONEY GARLIC MARINADE. Cut the salmon into bite-sized pieces. Try to cut them the same size so that they cook evenly. Combine the coconut amino, honey, and minced garlic in a small bowl. Pour half of the sauce over the salmon pieces and season with salt, pepper, and red crushed peppers. If time permits, let the salmon marinate for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
PREPARE THE AIR FRYER. Line your air fryer basket with foil. This helps for an easier clean-up later. Spray with oil to prevent the salmon from sticking. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.
AIR FRY SALMON. Baste the salmon with the remaining sauce. Place the salmon in the air fryer making sure to leave space between each piece. Air fry for 8 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through. The salmon is done when it has a caramelized crust, easily flakes and falls apart with a fork. (Salmon Internal temp with an instant thermometer should read 145F when it is fully cooked.) Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
What to Eat with Salmon Bites
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites Bowl: Add them to Cilantro-Lime Coconut Rice or cauliflower rice. Then add sliced avocado and Air Fryer Broccoli.
- Salmon Tacos: For a great fusion meal, fuse those Asian flavors with some Mexican flair. Add salmon to gluten-free tortillas and drizzle them with Vegan Chipotle Crema, Avocado Crema, or Cashew Cream Sauce.
- Salad: Jazz up a boring salad when you add salmon bites to the mix. Or take a tasty salad like this Easy Brussels Sprout Salad and make it even more filling.
Tips To Nail this Air Fryer Salmon Bites Recipe
- You can cook the seasoned salmon bites with or without the skin.
- Cut the salmon into similar size pieces so they cook evenly. Make sure they are placed in a single layer too.
- Preheat the air fryer for crispy salmon bites. You want the air fryer basket to be hot when the raw salmon is placed inside for the best results.
- Do not overcook the salmon. The fish is done once it reaches an internal temperature of 145F.
Variations + Substitutions
- Bacon Wrapped Salmon Bites: Honey garlic salmon cubes encased in strips of thick-cut bacon are the perfect low-carb lunch or appetizer.
- Teriyaki: Instead of making your own marinade, toss your favorite teriyaki sauce over the fish for that same sweet savory flavor.
- Add-Ins: Add ginger, sriracha, brown sugar, or sesame seeds for an even bolder flavor.
Store leftover air fryer salmon bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the air fryer set to 350F until warmed through or enjoy leftover salmon bites straight out of the refrigerator.
How do you cut salmon into cubes?
Place the salmon filet skin side down and use a sharp knife to slice the salmon into even portions lengthwise. Then cut crosswise.
What do you season salmon with?
Salmon is an incredibly versatile fish. If you plan to add a sauce or marinade, season it simply with salt and pepper to taste. Consider adding seasonings like garlic powder and onion powder.
How long to cook salmon bites in the air fryer?
Depending on the size and thickness of the salmon, air fryer bites can take 5-8 minutes to cook at 400F. Use a meat thermometer to cook the salmon until it reaches an internal temperature of 145F.
I Hope You Enjoy This Honey Garlic Salmon Bites Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes To Try!
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp (Gluten-Free)
- Air Fryer Tuna Steak
- Air Fryer Crispy Prosciutto
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Radishes
- Easy Air Fryer Potatoes
Honey Garlic Salmon Bites (Air Fryer)
- 2 Salmon Filets (5-8 ounces each)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or Soy Sauce)
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 4 Garlic Cloves (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder, plus more to taste) minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Red Crushed Pepper optional
- Cut the salmon into bite-sized pieces. Try to cut them the same size so that they cook evenly
- Combine the coconut amino, honey, and minced garlic in a small bowl. Pour half of the sauce over the salmon pieces and season with salt, pepper, and red crushed peppers. If time permits, let the salmon marinate for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Line your air fryer basket with foil. This helps for an easier clean-up later. Spray with oil to prevent the salmon from sticking.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Baste the salmon with the remaining sauce.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer making sure to leave space between each piece. Air fry for 8 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through. The salmon is done when it has a caramelized crust, easily flakes and falls apart with a fork. (Salmon Internal temp with an instant thermometer should read 145F when it is fully cooked)
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!