Get your day off to a healthy start with this delicious Superfood Green Smoothie Bowl! It’s loaded with tons of nutrients from superfoods moringa, spinach, and zucchini and topped with heart-healthy, antioxidant-rich chia seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries, and blueberries. This bowl provides 2 servings of vegetables and 35 grams of protein! It’s the perfect healthy morning kickstart!
I like to begin each day with a filling, nutrient-rich smoothie. In the mornings, your stomach is empty and can better absorb nutrients. This is why I love having a nutritious smoothie first thing in the morning!
And, what’s even better than a smoothie?! Pouring it into a bowl and loading it with even more nutrient-dense toppings! Now I have this Superfood Green Smoothie Bowl that:
- Provides two full servings of vegetables!
- Is loaded with antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and protein
- Is packed with tons of superfoods
- And tastes absolutely incredible!
An easy way to elevate the nutrient profile of your smoothie bowls is to add powders like protein powder or vegetable powder. In this bowl, I used Moringa Powder.
What is Moringa?
Officially known as the Moringa Oleifera and lauded as the “Tree of Life”, moringa is a powerful plant that has been around for centuries and used in Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine. It is native to South-East Asia but is also grown in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America. The moringa leaf is praised for its immense health benefits as it is known to reduce inflammation, increase energy, and improve heart health.
Moringa Powder Supply’s tons of nutrients:
It is packed with protein, essential amino acids, 27 vitamins, and 46 antioxidants! Per gram it has:
- 10 times more Vitamin A than Carrots
- 15 times more Potassium than Bananas
- 17 times more Calcium than Milk
- 25 times more Iron than Spinach!
And it kind of tastes like matcha!
Moringa Health Benefits
- Helps Lower Blood Pressure (3)
- Boost Immune System (3)
- Increases Energy (2)
- Improves Heart Health (4)
- Reduce Inflammation linked to chronic health conditions (4)
The best part is that Moringa is Sustainable and Environmentally-Friendly!
- It is a drought-tolerant plant that takes very little water to grow.
- It naturally regenerates soil nutrients
- The seeds purify water and produce oil containing antioxidants
- AND mooring can absorb 20x more carbon dioxide than normal vegetation.
How to make a Green Smoothie bowl
You’ll need delicious, vibrant greens. I use:
- Frozen Zucchini
- Fresh Spinach
You can also try
- Frozen Cucumber
Adding frozen fruit to the base is a must. Not only does it make this smoothie bowl even more delicious, but it helps to achieve the desired consistency. You want the blended outcome to be a bit denser than your typical smoothie so it can hold the toppings and so that it doesn’t turn into slush five minutes into eating it. To keep the bright green color try these fruits:
The best smoothie bowl add-ins
- Almond Butter- my absolute favorite! It helps make an even creamy consistency while also providing protein.
- Peanut Butter- if you love peanut butter, it taste great in smoothie bowls and also provides more protein.
- Avocado- another incredible superfood that provides heart-healthy fats and essential fatty acids. The taste is undetectable in a smoothie bowl and it helps to achieve a creamier texture.
Try Adding These Toppings To Your Moringa Smoothie Bowl
- Granola- like my Gluten-Free Honey Almond Granola or Protein Packed Maple Granola
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Goji Berries
- Unsweetened Coconut Shavings
- Fresh Fruit- like blueberries, strawberries, papaya, dragonfruit (whatever you like!)
I hope you enjoy this Moringa Smoothie Bowl Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
Love All Things Green & Healthy? Check Out These Tasty Recipes!
- Easy Blender Moringa Pancakes (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- How to Make a Protein-Packed Acai Bowl
- Best No-Bake Vegan Matcha Cheesecake | Gluten-Free
- Best Almond Flour Matcha Cupcakes
- Moringa Papaya Smoothie
- 5-Minute Dairy-Free Iced Matcha Latte
Moringa Smoothie Bowl
Green Smoothie Base
- 1 Zucchini, (sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup Spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1.5 cup Frozen Mango
- 1 tbsp Kuli Kuli Moringa Powder
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetned Non-Dairy Milk of Choice
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Shavings
- 1/2 cup Granola
- 2 tsp Goji Berries
- 1/4 cup Fresh Berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Add the green smoothe base ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend on medium setting until smooth (approximately 1 minute). Add more frozen fruit to thicken the mixture, if needed.
- Transfer the Mixture into a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
- Add no more than 3/4 cup of almond milk to maintain a thick consistency.
- Place the smoothie bowl mixture into the freezer while you prepare your toppings to maintain the optimal consistency