These easy sheet pan chicken fajitas come together in less than 30 minutes for the perfect, healthy weeknight meal! It’s perfect for feeding the whole family or for meal prep!
This post may include Amazon links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy, quick, healthy one-pan meals are essential during busy weeknights. I personally LOVE easy sheet pan meals, like this Cilantro Lime Chicken Fajitas meal. All you need to make this meal are the ingredients –of course!, a baking sheet, a cutting board, and a knife. It’s easy prep, easy cooking, and even easier cleanup. And, the best part, it takes less than 30 minutes to make!
These easy sheet pan chicken fajitas give you a flavorful meal that can easily feed an entire family, or can be used for meal prep. I tend to make this dish when I am preparing my weekly meal prep. This recipe makes 6-8 servings, depending on the size. I pair my chicken fajitas with cauliflower rice and avocado for a healthy, low carb meal filled with healthy fats and great nutrients.
What you need to make these Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Cilantro: You’ll need some for cooking and some for garnish
- Lime: After all the ingredients are chopped and on the baking sheet, you’ll squeeze lime onto everything to give the meal the perfect zesty bite!
- Chicken Breast: You can use chicken breast and slice them before baking, or you can use chicken cutlets for an even easier option
- Peppers: The more peppers the better. I love colorful dishes so I use red, orange, and green peppers. I also like my food a tad spicy, so I throw in a few jalapenos and sometimes a couple habanero peppers.
- Seasonings: You’ll want to season the food before baking to give you the most flavorful fajitas. You’ll need cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Veggies: Chicken Fajitas does not normally have veggies mixed in, but we are making this at home so we have room to make it a bit more healthy and add some tasty vegetables. Zucchini works best as it absorbs the flavors of the seasonings, peppers, and chicken. It also tastes great in a warm tortilla with salsa and peppers on top!
What to eat with your Chicken Fajitas?
So, now you know everything you'll need to make these Flavorful Cilantro Lime Chicken Fajitas!
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1.5 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Oranger or Yellow Pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 Jalapenos (optional)
- 2 Zucchini (optional)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1-2 Limes, juice
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil (or your favorite cooking oil)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil or a silicone baking sheet.
- Slice the peppers, onion, and zucchini into bite-sized strips. If using chicken breast, slice the chicken breast into smaller pieces. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Season the chicken, peppers, and zucchini with the seasonings listed above, the oil, and the juice of 1 lime.
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring halfway through, until chicken is no longer pink and bell peppers soften, 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and squeeze remaining lime onto the finished dish. Serve with rice, warm tortillas, and enjoy!
- If you have time, marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes before cooking for the best flavor.
- Store any left overs in the fridge an airtight container. You can enjoy these fajitas for up to 5 days!