Make flavor-packed Cilantro Lime Chicken with Cilantro Lime Rice and Beans in less than 30-minutes! This effortless meal can easily feed the whole family or be used as meal prep.
If you love quick, easy meals, you’ll definitely want to check out my 30-Minute Sheet Pan Fajitas or my Sheet Pan Salmon with Potatoes, Asparagus, and Avocado Crema.
Flavorful, 30-minute meals are somewhat of an art. The key to having an enjoyable 30-minute meal that takes minimal effort and still gives you a mouthwatering, delicious dish is multi-tasking.
Making this Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice is incredibly easy!
Start by putting the rice on to cook. While the rice is cooking, make the chicken. After the chicken is fully cooked and the rice is done, wipe out the skillet and add the cooked rice, beans, and seasonings (this meal can be made even easier if you are using leftover rice). After making the cilantro lime rice and beans, add the chicken back to this dish, and voilá, all done!
What you need to make this Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice
Chicken: I use Bone-In chicken thighs. You can also use chicken breast. If using chicken breast, be sure to pound the chicken breast until it is an even thickness. Skip the step of putting the chicken in the oven and simply saute the cilantro lime chicken breasts on each side for 5-7 minutes (or until the internal temperature is over 165°F).
Limes: And lots of them. Between the marinade for the chicken, flavoring the rice, and garnishing the dish (so I have a little extra to squeeze on my cooked dish), I use 6-7 limes.
Rice: I love chicken and rice. It is almost nostalgic for me. However, you can always use quinoa, lentils, or cauliflower rice instead. Cook the rice according to package instructions. You’ll spice up the rice after it is cooked!
For The Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade You Need:
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- Seasonings: Paprika, Cumin, Red Chili Flakes, Salt, Pepper
What To Serve With Cilantro Lime Chicken
If you follow this recipe, you can enjoy a one-pan cilantro lime chicken with rice and beans dish. You can also just cook the chicken and place it over a bed of salad, OR use the chicken to make cilantro lime chicken tacos!
Enjoy Your Cilantro Lime Chicken With A Few GFB Favorites:
I hope you enjoy this 30-Minute Cilantro Lime Chicken with Rice and Beans!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate it and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
30-Minute Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice with Beans
- 4 Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
Cilantro Lime Marinade Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (Juice of 4-5 limes)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Lime Zest
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked Basmati Lone Grain Rice
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans
- 3 tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/3 cup Cilantro, roughtly chopped
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime slices
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to evenly coat. Cover and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large oven-safe cast-iron skillet or pan over medium-high heat, add the cooking oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the skillet skin-side down and sear for 5-6 minutes, or until the skin is golden and crispy. Flip the chicken and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Be sure to baste the chicken with the marinade while it is cooking.
- Transfer to the skillet into the preheated oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime slices or wedges. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice.
If making Cilantro Lime Chicken with Rice and Beans
- (Cook 1 1/2 cup rice according to package instructions). Follow the instructions above to cook the chicken. When the chicken is fully cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and wipe out any excess oil. Add cooked rice, beans, and cilantro to the skillet.
- Season the rice and beans with cumin, salt, and lime. Over medium heat, saute the rice for 5 minutes or until the rice is golden and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together. Add the chicken back to the skillet. Garnish with cilantro and lime slices. Enjoy!