Strawberry Matcha Latte is made with pureed strawberries, sweetener and your milk of choice, and high-quality matcha powder. Enjoy this beautifully layered drink poured over ice for a drink that’s as delicious as it is stunning! (This beverage is gluten-free and can easily be made dairy-free and vegan too.)
Craving another homemade latte? Check out more latte recipes like our Dairy-Free Iced Matcha Latte, Golden Maca Latte, and Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso.
This strawberry matcha latte recipe is inspired by the aesthetic drinks you see while scrolling on Instagram. It looks like something you’d order from Starbucks or Boba Guys but it’s made from the comfort of your home. This gives traditional matcha a fruity, refreshing twist that’s perfect for spring and summer.
Reasons This Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe Works
- Affordable! Why spend money on one drink at a coffee shop when you can make one today, tomorrow, and the day after that for the same total price?
- Versatile! Enjoy an iced strawberry matcha latte your way. Pick your sweetener and the milk too because this beverage is totally customizable.
- Great for Hosting! The stunning shades of pink and green make this a great drink to serve at a brunch or picnic. All of your guests will be impressed.
The Health Benefits of Matcha
Not only is matcha delicious; it’s good for you too! Matcha:
- Improves brain function and increases focus and memory.
- Promotes weight loss by increasing your metabolism.
- Encourages lower cholesterol levels due to EGCG (a compound found in green tea).
- Protects the liver by flushing out toxins.
- Is packed with way more antioxidants than regular tea and vitamins that can help prevent chronic diseases.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Strawberries: Use fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries. They should be cleaned and hulled. Also keep in mind that the riper the strawberries, the sweeter the drink will be.
- Sweetener of choice: I use agave but cane sugar also works well. Maple syrup or honey can be used as well.
- Matcha Powder: Use a high-quality matcha powder like ceremonial grade matcha. Culinary-grade matcha has a lighter taste and the hue isn’t as vibrant. (Culinary grade matcha is best for baking)
- Boiled water: This is combined with the matcha to activate and infuse the flavor before adding it as the top layer to the strawberry matcha latte.
- Milk of choice: You can use cow’s milk or a dairy-free alternative. I use oat milk but you can use other plant-based milks like almond milk or coconut milk. If you prefer a thicker, creamy strawberry puree matcha latte, opt for either whole milk or oat milk.
How to Make a Strawberry Matcha Latte
PUREE STRAWBERRIES. Add the strawberries and sweetener to a small bowl or food processor. Puree using a fork or food processor.
COMBINE BOILING WATER AND MATCHA POWDER. Mix the water and matcha powder together using a whisk.
LAYER THE STRAWBERRY MATCHA LATTE. Grab a tall glass and add the strawberry puree to the bottom of the glass. Then, pour the milk over the back of a spoon on top of the strawberry mixture to create a layered look.
Finally, pour the matcha water on top of the milk. Stir and enjoy!
Tips To Nail the Recipe
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries. If using frozen, try to thaw them for at least 30 minutes before you blend them.
- Puree your fresh (or frozen) strawberries in a food processor or blender. Or you can mash with a fork.
- Pour the milk over the back of a spoon to help create the layered effect.
- Mix the matcha powder and hot water together before adding it to the drink.
- This drink is best served immediately before the matcha powder begins to settle at the base of the cup.
Substitutions + Variations
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Cold Foam. Use a matcha whisk or milk frother to combine milk and strawberry puree. Then top the beverage with strawberry cold foam.
- Bubble Tea. Add boba to the drink for a fun element. Purchase tapioca balls from your local Asian market.
Does strawberry matcha latte have caffeine?
Yes. Matcha contains caffeine although not nearly as much as coffee. You get an energy boost without the coffee jitters because matcha contains L-theanine, an amino acid that has been proven to reduce stress.
Are matcha lattes healthy?
Yes! Matcha lattes are nutritious with various health benefits. To make this drink healthier, skip the sweetener.
What does strawberry matcha tea taste like?
This beverage has the tart sweetness of strawberries combined with the rich herby flavor of green tea. It is enriched with milk for a luscious, velvety smooth texture.
I Hope You Enjoy This Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Delicious Beverage Recipes To Try!
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Blueberry Espresso Tonic
- Vegan Golden Milk Latte
- Refreshing Strawberry Passion Fruit Smoothie
- Espresso Tonic
Strawberry Matcha Latte
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozn Strawberries cleaned and hulled
- 1 tbsp Sweetener of Choice, or to taste like agave, honey, or cane sugar
- 1 tsp Matcha Powder
- ¼ cup Boiled Water
- ¾ cup Milk of Choice
- Add the strawberries and sweetener to a small bowl or food processor. Puree using a fork or food processor.
- Mix the water and matcha powder together using a whisk.
- Grab a tall glass and add the strawberry puree to the bottom of the glass. Then, pour the milk over the back of a spoon on top of the strawberry puree to create a layered look.
- Finally, pour the matcha water on top of the milk. Stir and enjoy!