This Orange Simple Syrup is filled with warm spices like cinnamon and cardamom. It is the perfect addition to your coffee, cocktail, or even baked desserts. It is easy to make and ready in less than 5 minutes!
If you love sweet, warm flavors then this Spiced Orange Simple Syrup is just for you. I love adding it to my Espresso Tonic. The syrup has just a delicious orange flavor and a sweet flavor from the cardamom that pairs perfectly with coffee. This syrup is also great to use in pastries, cocktails, smoothies, tea, or whatever you wish to sweeten! 🙂
Ingredients You’ll Need
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Orange Peels (from one orange)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Gather your ingredients. I like to use fresh squeezed orange juice, then remove the flesh and use the peels.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and allow it to boil until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, strain the peels and cinnamon stick through a fine mesh strainer.
- Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight bottle or jar and place it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. It will last up to one month in the fridge.
Ways To Use Spiced Orange Simple Syrup
- Espresso and Coffee: This is the perfect sweetener for coffee. Just a teaspoon or two in this Espresso Tonic gives you the most delicious coffee drink or mocktail to enjoy!
- Sangria: I love adding this orange simple syrup to my Apple Cider Wine Sangria. It elevates the entire flavor of the drink!
- Cake or Muffins: Use this simple syrup when baking muffins or cake. It helps to make them super delicious and moist. This orange simple syrup would be the perfect addition to my Cranberry Orange Muffins.
- Sauces: Use it to make sweet sauces, like in this Orange Cranberry Sauce.
I Hope You Enjoy This Spiced Orange Simple Syrup Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.