This luscious eggnog recipe will be the best eggnog you’ve ever had. For all my dairy-free friends, you no longer have to miss out on this delectable holiday classic. This recipe provides you with creamy, satisfying eggnog made of the perfect mixtures of plant-based milk and of course eggs—thankfully those are not considered dairy!
Eggnog is an enjoyable tasty treat, and perfect for fun holiday gatherings. This recipe is a healthier spin on your traditional eggnog and Paleo-friendly too! It will soon become your go-to spiked eggnog recipe.
How To Make The Best Dairy-free Eggnog
The secret that gives this dairy-free eggnog the dynamic flavor that will have you craving more is the perfect blend of almond milk and coconut milk.
You will need about 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk. This will make the egg nog creamy, thick, and rich.
Through numerous experiments, I’ve found that while the coconut cream gives the egg nog the perfect level of creaminess, adding almond milk at the end blends everything together and gives the eggnog the smooth consistency we all love.
The next secret to the best dairy-free eggnog is to create the best whipped egg mixture!
The key here is to blend the egg whites with the maple syrup. Simply keep the blender on low and continuously mix the egg whites and syrup until it becomes a beautiful caramel color. When the mixture should be light and fluffy, it is ready to be mixed with the other ingredients.
Lastly, If you want a thicker eggnog, use egg yolk as well.
I add egg yolk in a 2-to-1 ratio: 2 egg whites for every 1 egg yolk. I’ve tried the recipe with and without egg yolk. Both ways are perfect, creamy, and extremely tasty, but with the egg yolk the eggnog is just a bit thicker. You decide what’s best for you, but either way, you cannot go wrong!
Want to make a boozy eggnog!
Add some Bourbon! Traditional Eggnog typically has bourbon, brandy, or dark rum. I like to add rum to my eggnog, especially because it compliments the coconut perfectly and has a subtle flavor.
I would recommend making a traditional version for the adults and an alcohol-free batch for the children. Trust me, they are going to love this eggnog just as much as you do!
Gluten-free, Dairy-Free Eggnog
- This recipe makes 40 oz of Eggnog. I store my Eggnog in an airtight mason jar. It can last up to a week in the fridge and is best served cold!
- The almond milk added towards the end makes the Eggnog even more creamy and rich. I highly recommend adding it if you have no aversion to almond milk.
- After combining all the ingredients you can add to the blender one last time to achieve your desired level of creaminess. I finish my eggnog by blending all the mixture for 1-2 minutes before transferring it to the refrigerator.
Creamy Dairy-Free Eggnog
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 Egg Yolks (optional)
- 4 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk (canned)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (or Date Syrup)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Freshly Grated Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Rum (optional)
- In a blender, blend egg white (and optional egg yolk) and maple syrup until it becomes light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes on a medium-low setting.
- Over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and bring it to a simmer.
- Turn the blender on the lowest setting and slowly pour the warm coconut milk mixture into the egg mixture. Continue to blend for about 2-3 minutes. Slowly pour in the almond milk to make the mixture even more smooth and creamy, blend for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture back into the pan and stir continuously until the mixture has thickened slightly and is completely smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add vanilla extract. If you'd like, now is the time to add bourbon, whiskey, or dark rum.
- Allow the mixture to chill. Serve with freshly grated nutmeg. Enjoy!
If you make this Dairy-Free Eggnog, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share it with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!