This delicious JUST Egg Quiche is filled with savory shallots, asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic. Made with only 6-ingredients, this vegan quiche is easy to make and perfect for breakfast, brunch, or your next holiday gathering!
JUST Egg is a great plant-based egg replacer that cooks and tastes just like regular eggs! You can use it use to make any traditional egg recipe or use it in baking. You may be thinking, “Sure, but can you make a quiche with JUST Egg?”, and the answer is Yes! It is super easy and perfect to serve for special holiday meals (like Mother’s Day coming up!) or whenever you’re in the mood for a stellar eggless quiche!
This JUST Egg Quiche Is Perfect If You’re Looking For:
- An eggless quiche without tofu
- A mostly top 8 allergens friendly option (JUST Egg liquid does contain soy)
- An easy vegan quiche recipe perfect for breakfast or a weeknight meal!
- An impressive meal that takes minimal effort
JUST Egg Mushroom & Asparagus Quiche | The Perfect Breakfast Quiche
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Vegan JUST Egg Quiche Recipe
- 1 Bottle of JUST Egg- Here’s a Pro-Tip: Before adding the JUST egg to the dish, add the seasonings to the bottle and shake well. Then, simply use the JUST Egg as the recipe instructs. Adding Kala Namak (also known as “Himalayan black salt“) gives the JUST Egg mixture even more of an egg-like taste.
- Veggies: Fresh Asparagus and Mushrooms serve as the hearty filling for this vegan quiche. I like to add chopped asparagus in the filling and save a few stalks to line the top of the quiche. It makes this decadent quiche even more eye-catching and drool-worthy!
- Aromatics: Lightly sautéed shallots and garlic add depth and savory flavor to the quiche. If you want to add fresh herbs too, try adding chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, or basil.
- Crust: I like to use Wholly Wholesome Gluten-Free Crust. It’s a premade pie crust, ready to use that is vegan, gluten-free, and top 8 allergens friendly! If you want to make your own crust from scratch, you can use my gluten-free crust recipe (linked here).
How to Make A Quiche using JUST Egg
- Prepare the crust. If making a crust from scratch, do this first. If using a premade crust, make sure to remove it from the fridge or freezer for at least 10 minutes before using. (Want to make the crust from scratch? Try this recipe: Homemade Gluten-Free Crust.)
- Prepare the vegetables and aromatics. Start by sauteing the chopped shallots and garlic. Then add the chopped asparagus and mushrooms.
- Prepare the JUST Egg Mixture. Add the seasonings to the bottle of JUST Egg. Shake to mix well.
- Preheat the oven and assemble the quiche. Transfer the sauteed vegetables, garlic, and shallot to the crust. Give the JUST Egg mixture a shake and pour it over the filling, making sure to distribute it evenly. Sprinkle salt and pepper along the top.
- Bake until set. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the quiche is fully set in the middle.
- Slice and Enjoy! Serve your quiche with a salad, side of potatoes, or fluffy bread.
Ways To Customize Your Vegan Quiche + Substitutions
- Add Vegan Sausage or Vegan Bacon. Simply sauté it with the veggies to add it to the quiche!
- Add Vegan Cheddar. There are so many great vegan cheese options on the market. I like to use Violife Cheddar Cheese, but you can use whichever vegan cheese is your favorite. Add it to the quiche after pouring in the JUST Egg. (Or you can use regular cheese and make this a vegetarian quiche.)
- Add Potatoes. Cut a few potatoes into small bite-sized pieces and bake them. Add the roasted potatoes to the veggies when putting together the quiche.
What To Serve With Your JUST Egg Quiche
Quiches are a versatile main course that pair well with just about any side! Serve with a salad, sauteed veggies, garlicky potatoes, or bread. Here are a few flavorful ideas:
- Olive, Rosemary, and Garlic Infused Gluten-Free Focaccia
- Baked Accordion Potatoes
- Cucumber Artichoke Salad
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
Here are a few ways to make this vegan quiche ahead and save time:
- Prep the ingredients ahead of time. Chop the asparagus and mushrooms, and saute them for 3-5 minutes. Once cool, place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge until ready to use.
- Use a Pre-made crust or make the crust ahead of time. If using a pre-made crust, let the crust sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before using. If make a crust from scratch ahead of time, wrap it in plastic and keep it in the fridge.
- Fully bake the quiche and store it for later. You can bake the quiche ahead of time and once it is fully cooled, cover the quiche and store it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Storing Your JUST Egg Quiche
This JUST Egg quiche stores well in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap. It will last in the fridge for 2-3 days. To rewarm, simply slice it and warm it in the microwave. You can also reheat the entire quiche in the oven at 325°F for 5-7 minutes.
JUST Egg is a plant-based egg alternative made primarily from water, mung beans, and turmeric. It mimics real eggs in look, texture, and flavor and is packed with protein (7g of protein per serving). Not only does it tastes like eggs, but it scrambles and cooks just like eggs
One large egg is equivalent to 3 Tablespoons of JUST Egg (or 1 serving) and provides 5 grams of plant-based protein. One bottle contains 8 servings.
A Frittata and quiche are very similar. The primary difference is that a quiche has a crust and is slowly baked in the oven. A frittata does not have a crust and is cooked first on the stovetop, then finished in the oven.
If you want to make a frittata using JUST Egg, try my Spinach Artichoke JUST Egg Frittata Recipe!
I Hope You Enjoy This JUST Egg Quiche Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Vegan Breakfast + Just Egg Recipes
- Vegan Breakfast Quesadilla with Southwest Tofu Scramble
- Spinach Artichoke Frittata Using JUST Egg
- Veggie-Loaded JUST Egg Scramble
- Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes | Gluten-Free
- Yogurt With Granola Bowl (5 Ways!)
JUST Egg Quiche with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 1 12 oz bottle JUST Egg
- 1/2 pound Fresh Asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 oz Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Shallots, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Kala namak black salt, optional
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Unbaked Pie Shell – store brought or homemade
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2/3 cup Vegan Sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup Vegan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add cooking oil. Add shallots and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then, add garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped asparagus and mushrooms to the skillet and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked ingredients into the pie shell, making sure the ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Add the seasonings to the JUST Egg Bottle, close the cap and shake well. Then, pour the just egg mixture into the pie shell
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the center is set (no longer liquid in the center).
- Remove the quiche from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!