Make delicious, fluffy, veggie-loaded, JUST Egg scramble for breakfast! Enjoy it on top of toast and with your favorite cup of coffee for a delightful meal.
If you love recipes using JUST Egg, you’ll definitely want to try my JUST Egg Spinach Artichoke Frittata or JUST EGG Quiche next!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
JUST EGG is a great plant-based egg replacement! Not only does it look, cook, and taste like an egg, but it’s cholesterol-free, non-GMO, and dairy-free. It’s made from a protein-dense legume called mung bean, and a few other ingredients. The full ingredient list here: JUST Egg Ingredients.
What I like best about JUST EGG is that it is made with clean, sustainable ingredients. Producing JUST Egg requires less water, land, and emits less carbon emissions, which is better for you and the environment!
This JUST Egg Scramble is filled with colorful peppers, caramelized onions, and garlic! It’s super easy to make and perfect for breakfast on its own, or with a stack of fluffy pancakes!
JUST EGG RECIPE: VEGGIE LOADED JUST EGG SCRAMBLE
What You Need To Make This JUST Egg Scramble
- JUST Egg: I use 1 container of JUST Egg for this recipe.
- Peppers: Use red, green, yellow, or orange peppers; any of your favorite peppers to add color and taste. I also add habanero peppers for added spice!
- Vegan Butter: Butter or oil is necessary so that the JUST Egg does not stick to the pan
- Onion: You can use half of an onion of your choice, or shallots (to fill ½ cup)
- Mushrooms: Add any of your favorite veggies. I like to add mushrooms. You can also add asparagus, broccoli, or Brussel sprouts for a tasty veggie-loaded scramble.
Tips to make the best Veggie-loaded Vegan JUST Egg Scramble
- Use a non-stick pan when making your scramble.
- Add oil of your choice of vegan butter to the pan before adding the veggies and JUST Egg. (The JUST Egg easily sticks to the pan so you will want to use oil/vegan butter)
- Cook the vegetables first. You will need to cook the vegetables for about 5-7 minutes, or until softened and slightly caramelized.
- Make sure to use a rubber spatula and stir the scramble while cooking to prevent the JUST Egg from sticking to the pan.
How much JUST Egg is equivalent to one egg?
One large egg is equivalent to 3 Tablespoons of JUST Egg (or 1 serving), and provides 5 grams of plant-based protein.
Does JUST Egg taste like eggs?
JUST Egg has a similar consistency to regular scrambled eggs. If you do not normally eat eggs, you will be pleasantly surprised at how close JUST Egg resembles eggs in taste, especially when you add Kala Namak Black Salt, which gives the scramble a more eggy flavor.
Is JUST Egg safe for egg allergy?
According to the JUST Egg website, it is safe to eat JUST Egg if you have an egg allergy as the product is dairy-free and completely egg-free. Here is a comprehensive chart of the allergen information for all of their products.
Where can I buy JUST Egg?
You can find JUST Egg at your local grocery store in the refrigerated section, typically near the eggs. In the US, it’s in Albertsons, WholeFoods, or you can purchase it only from Amazon. JUST also provides a store locator so that you can find where they sell JUST Egg in your area.
I Hope You Enjoy This Vegan JUST Egg Scramble Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
What To Eat With Your JUST Egg Scramble:
- Rosemary Olive Focaccia
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Easy Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits (Vegan)
- Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes | Gluten-Free
Veggie-Loaded JUST Egg Scramble
- 12 oz JUST Egg
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup Bell Pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 Habanero Pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp Kala Namak Black Salt (optional)
- Over medium heat, in a non-stick pan add oil or vegan butter. Add chopped onions and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then, add minced garlic, mushrooms, and peppers. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Shake the bottle of JUST Egg. Pour the JUST Egg into the pan with the cooked vegetables. Let the mixture sit for a moment, then using a rubber spatula stir the mixture to prevent the JUST Egg from sticking to the pan. Season with Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the JUST Egg for about 5-7 minutes, occasionally using the spatula to push the cooked center to the outer edges and moving any uncooked mixture to the center to cook. Cook the scramble until all of the liquid has been cooked through and resembles scrambled eggs.
- Garnish with chives, green onions, red crushed peppers, and Kala Namak Black Salt. Serve over toast or as a side to your favorite breakfast meal!
What a tasty option for breakfast!
Ooh I just tried these plant-based eggs, I love this recipe!
Hi Julia! I am glad you like the recipe!
Looks so good and would be perfect for Sunday breakfast this weekend!
I wish it’s breakfast soon so I could have this delicious dish!
I have seen this at Whole Foods. Glad to see a post about it, your eggs look delicioius.
Thank you Jere!
A fun way to have completely plant-based scrambled eggs! 👍
Fantastic breakfast recipe!
Thank you, Leslie!
Never tried JUST egg before and this was delicious!
Hi Amy! I’m so happy you enjoyed the recipe!
I love a good scramble!!
Yum, this sounds absolutely amazing.
Thanks, Nayomi! It’s so delicious!
Finding a good plant-based scramble can be really hard, and I think this product is going to make my life so much tastier! Thank you for this delicious combination of flavors, and the beautiful serving suggestion
Hi Ksenia! You are so welcome!
Very good and lots of possibilities for this recipe. However, the minced garlic was left off of the ingredient list. I just used 1 clove but I will use more next time.
Hi Jeanne! Thanks for letting me know! I am glad you found the recipe enjoyable.
Just purchased these plant-based eggs last week but haven’t made anything with them yet. Your recipe is going to be my first and hoping they come out as delicious-looking as yours.
That’s exciting! I hope you enjoy!
OMG this was delicious! My first time eating JUST Egg and I’m a fan! I pulled the mushrooms & added some black beans and adobo seasoning. Yummers!
Great scrambled egg sandwiches this made. I topped toasted crusted Italian bread and mozzarella cheese. The flavor of the scramble just popped. Great recipe!
I am happy you liked the recipe! Thanks for leaving a review, Lainie 🙂