Rocky Road Brownies. Treat yourself to this decadent, ooey-gooey, chocolate-loaded Rocky Road Brownie Skillet! This indulgent flourless brownie is filled with fluffy marshmallows, dark chocolate chips, and chopped nuts! Because these brownies are made in a skillet, you can serve it right out of the skillet for a more indulgent experience —trust me, serve this at your next dinner party and your guest will love it! (This recipe is completely gluten-free and vegan)
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
What better way to enjoy a childhood classic than paired with the best dessert ever: brownies! Rocky Road Brownies is a decadent treat made of rich, fudgy brownies stuffed with walnuts, chocolate chips, and marshmallows in every bite!
You’ll Love These Rocky Road Brownies! They Are:
- Super Easy To Make!
- An Indulgent Treat made a bit better with natural sweeteners
- Vegan AND Gluten-Free
- A Fun Twist To Your Typical Brownies
I adapted this easy Rocky Road Brownies Recipe using my Fudgy Vegan Almond Flour Brownies, which means these brownies are moist, perfectly fudgy, gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free!
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Rocky Road Brownies
- Almond Flour: Be sure to use Blanched Almond Flour like this one: Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- Cocoa Powder: You can use unsweetened Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder, like this one. Or, you can use raw cacao powder!
- Natural Sweetener: Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract. Just a bit of each is all you need to make this perfectly sweetened dessert! If you do not have coconut sugar, you can use brown sugar.
- Binder: Applesauce, Almond Butter. The applesauce works to replace the egg in this recipe and the almond butter helps to create the perfect fudgy brownies!
- Non-Dairy Milk: Use your favorite non-dairy (or dairy) milk. I use almond milk in this recipe.
- Signature Rocky Road Ingredients: Chocolate Chips, Marshmallows, Walnuts! If you do not have walnuts you can also use pecans! Make sure to use marshmallows labeled gluten-free and vegan.
- Essentials: Baking soda and salt
How To Make Rocky Road Brownies
- Simply combine all of the wet ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Then, combine the dry ingredients in a separate large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Then, pour the mixture into the skillet, making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Add the marshmallows on top and bake!
Tips and Customizations
- Skip The Skillet: You can also make these brownies in an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Just line it with parchment paper first so that you can easily remove the brownies
- Add As Many Toppings As You Like: Pile on the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and walnuts. You can also add cashews, crush pecans, or sliced almonds.
- Try A Mix Of Chocolate: Add Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Oatmilk Chocolate. Add them all!
Can you freeze rocky road brownies?
Yes! Once you make the brownies, allow them to cool. Then, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to enjoy, defrost at room temperature for 2-3 hours. Then, bake in the oven to warm.
What To Serve With These Rocky Road Brownies:
I hope you enjoy this Rocky Road Brownies Skillet Recipe! If you make it, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
More Gluten-Free Vegan Baking Recipes To Try
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- S’mores Dip (S’mores in the Oven)
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies | Vegan
- Delicious Coconut Macaroons
- Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies
- Juicy Peach Cobbler
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour
Rocky Road Brownies (V/GF)
- 1 1/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl combine all the liquid ingredients: alternative milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and apple sauce. Combine until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together and form a uniform light brown color. (As shown in pictures)
- In a large bowl whisk all the dry ingredients together: almond flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix everything together. Fold the chocolate chip and nuts into the batter.
- Drizzle ~1/2 tbsp olive oil into the cast iron. Pour the brownie mixture into the cast iron and make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Press marshmallows into the brownie mixture. Transfer the brownie into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow the brownies to cool for 2-3 minutes. Slice and serve on a separate dish, or top with ice cream and enjoy it right out the skillet!