Treat yourself to this decadent, chocolatey loaded Rocky Road Brownie Skillet! Top with ice cream, grab a spoon, and dig in! This brownie recipe is completely gluten-free and vegan!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
Growing up, Rocky Road ice cream was always a favorite of mine! My parents always kept a stash in the freezer for celebratory days, like when I would bring home a straight-A report card, or won my volleyball match. Needless to say, rocky road ice cream brings back fond memories!
What better way to enjoy a childhood classic than paired with my now favorite dessert: brownies! Rocky Road Skillet Brownies is a decadent treat made of rich, fudgy brownies stuffed with walnuts, chocolate chips, and marshmallows in every bite!
Because these brownies are made in a skillet, you can serve it right out of the skillet for a more indulgent experience —trust me, serve this at your next dinner party and your guest will love you!
I adapted this easy Rocky Road Brownies Recipe using my Fudgy Vegan Almond Flour Brownies, which means these brownies are moist, perfectly fudgy, gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free!
What you will need to make the Best Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
- Almond Flour: Be sure to use Blanched Almond Flour like this one: Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- Cocoa Powder: You can use unsweetened Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder, like this one. Or, you can use raw cacao powder!
- Natural Sweetener: Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract. Just a bit of each is all you need to make this perfectly sweetened dessert! If you do not have coconut sugar, you can use brown sugar.
- Binder: Applesauce, Almond Butter. The applesauce works to replace the egg in this recipe and the almond butter helps to create the perfect fudgy brownies!
- Non-Dairy Milk: Use your favorite non-dairy (or dairy) milk. I use almond milk in this recipe.
- Signature Rocky Road Ingredients: Chocolate Chips, Marshmallows, Walnuts! If you do not have walnuts you can also use pecans! My favorite marshmallows to use are these Trader Joe’s Vegan & Gluten-Free Mini Marshmallows!
- Baking Soda
Easy rocky road brownies
This Rocky Road Brownie Skillet Recipe is Super easy to make!
- Simply combine all of the wet ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Then, combine the dry ingredients into a seperate large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Then, pour the mixture into the skillet, making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Add the marshmallows on top and bake!
I hope you enjoy this Rocky Road Brownie Skillet Recipe! If you make it, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share it with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!
Rocky Road Skillet Brownies Vegan & Gluten-Free
- 1 1/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl combine all the liquid ingredients: alternative milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and apple sauce. Combine until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together and form a uniform light brown color. (As shown in pictures)
- In a large bowl whisk all the dry ingredients together: almond flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix everything together. Fold the chocolate chip and nuts into the batter.
- Drizzle ~1/2 tbsp olive oil into the cast iron. Pour the brownie mixture into the cast iron and make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Press marshmallows into the brownie mixture. Transfer the brownie into the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow the brownies to cool for 2-3 minutes. Slice and serve on a separate dish, or top with ice cream and enjoy it right out the skillet!
Excited to Try More Delicious Gluten-Free Desserts!
Make undeniably delicious gluten-free desserts that don’t make you compromise texture or taste! Try out my Double Chocolate Chip Cookies | Vegan + Gluten-free or my Vegan No-Bake Cheesecake —so rich & tasty! And if you love this recipe, you’ll love my Fudgy Double Chocolate Vegan Brownies!