This is the easiest and best vegan, gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! It’s the only one you’ll ever need to satisfy your cookie craving! These delicious chocolate chip cookies are chewy, chocolatey, and the perfect treat that everyone will enjoy!
If you love making homemade cookies, you’ll want to try my Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies next!
These decadent, chewy, chocolate chip cookies are EXTREMELY easy to make. When I bake I like to make my treats Vegan and Gluten-Free. However, to make sure that everyone can enjoy these cookies, I made sure to include instructions so that no matter the diet or allergy, there are substitutions available.
Let’s get into these Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies!
What you need to make these delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Flax Egg is super easy to make. You simply mix 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds in a bowl, along with 3 tbsp of purified water. Then, allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes until a sticky goop is formed. At this point, it is considered a flax egg and is ready to use.
- To keep this recipe vegan, make sure to use vegan chocolate chips. Trader Joe’s has a great brand of semi-sweet chocolate chips that are completely vegan.
- If you find that while mixing the dry and wet ingredients together the mixture is slightly dry, you can add up to 2 tbsp of almond milk (or water) to moisten the mixture.
- If you are making these cookies gluten-free, once the dry and wet ingredients are well incorporated you can allow them to chill in the fridge for up to 30 minutes. This helps so that the ingredients bind together properly. This step is not necessary for this recipe, but it does not hurt. (I sometimes chill my dough in the fridge and take some time to clean the dishes, so I have nothing left to do but enjoy my cookies when they are done.)
Substitutions so that everyone can enjoy these cookies!
- If you are not sensitive to gluten, use 2 cups all-purpose regular flour
- If you don’t have maple syrup, use 1/2 cup cane sugar
- If you want these cookies to be refined sugar-free, use 3/4 cups coconut sugar instead of brown sugar
- If you’re egg-friendly, use 1 egg instead of flax egg
- If you don’t mind the dairy, use 1/2 cup of butter (melted) instead of coconut oil.
Check out this step-by-step video on how to make these delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies!
The Best Ever Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk, as needed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Mix the brown sugar, maple sugar, coconut oil into a large bowl. After whisking thoroughly, add vanilla extract and flex egg and whisk together.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add up to two tablespoons of almond milk (or water.) Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough (about 2 Tablespoons of dough per cookie) and roll into a ball. Place a few inches apart on the baking sheet and gently press down to flatten the cookie dough. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden and the center is set.
- Remove from oven. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Enjoy!