Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and coated in a flavorful spicy sauce, these Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are the perfect, mouthwatering, bite-sized eats! Paired with Hemp Seed Ranch, this meal gives you endless flavor with a health-boosting twist!
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings is the perfect way to enjoy a party-time favorite in a way that is meatless and a bit healthier! These “wings” come together so easily and perfectly that you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried cauliflower wings before!
Let’s Jump into this recipe and I’ll show you step-by-step How to Make Cauliflower Wings!
What do you need to make Cauliflower Wings
First, you will need to make the batter. Similar to Fried Chicken Buffalo Wings, a battered coating is necessary to ensure a crispy outside is achieved. Not only does the batter help create the crispy crust, but it is also packed with tons of flavor that make these Cauliflower Wings so drool-worthy.
This batter is dairy-free and gluten-free (cuz ya know, that how I do). But, you can easily substitute using what you have at home if you are not dairy and gluten averse.
For the Batter:
Simply mix the ingredients in a medium bowl until it is thick and clump-free. You will coat the cauliflower florets in this batter before roasting in the oven.
Tip: Make sure to remove excess batter from the cauliflower. You do not want to leave too much liquid on the sheet tray because the cauliflower will stick, which increases the likelihood of the cauliflower becoming mushy instead of crispy.
The Buffalo Sauce
While the cauliflower is completing its first round in the oven, take this time to prepare the buffalo sauce. Use your favorite buffalo sauce. I love Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce, it has the perfect spicy, tangy flavor.
To prepare the buffalo sauce you will need to melt a bit of butter in a small saucepan. Then you will add the buffalo sauce to the saucepan to get the perfect buttery, spicy sauce. If you want to keep this dish dairy-free, my favorite vegan butter is Earth Balance Vegan Butter.
After the cauliflower has roasted for 20 minutes, remove the cauliflower from the oven. At this point, it is best to remove the parchment paper. Once the sauce is added the parchment paper does not hold up well to the sauce. So, take the roasted golden cauliflower and transfer it to a large bowl. Then pour the sauce onto the cauliflower, making sure all the florets are evenly coated.
Transfer the cauliflower back to the baking sheet and roast for an additional 10 minutes. Then, to get the best-browned crust, broil the buffalo cauliflower for 5 minutes.
Now your Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are ready to enjoy!
Garnish with chopped green onions and place a few pieces of celery on the plate for the perfect meal! My Delicious Nutrient-Rich Hemp Seed Ranch pair perfectly with these Cauliflower Buffalo Wings and can be made in less than 5 minutes!
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped (approx. 4-5 cups of florets)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk (or non-dairy milk, can sub regular milk)
- 1/2-1 cup water
- 1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (Bob's Red Mill works best. Can sub regular flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Buffalo Sauce (I like Buffalo Wild Wings Medium Buffalo Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Ghee (Can also use Vegan Butter or Regular Butter)
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients to make the batter: flour, almond milk, water, and spices. (slowly incorporating water until you get a smooth liquid texture.) Whisk well, until the batter has thickened.
- Prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet. Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite-sized pieces/florets. Toss the cauliflower pieces into the buffalo sauce so that they are all evenly coated.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets onto the baking sheet, making sure to leave behind any excess liquid/batter. (If you have tongs, they are perfect for transferring the cauliflower)
- Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, prepare the buffalo sauce. In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the ghee/butter. Then, add the buffalo sauce and mix well. Remove the sauce from the heat when the sauce begins to boil, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Transfer cauliflower to a large mixing bowl (discard the parchment paper). Pour the buffalo sauce onto the cauliflower and make sure all cauliflower are evenly coated
- Place the coated cauliflower on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 425°F. Then, turn the oven to a high broil and broil the cauliflower for 5 minutes, until a crispy golden crust is formed.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Try Hemp seed ranch for a healthy, delicious dairy-free dipping sauce!