Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and coated in a flavorful spicy sauce. These mouthwatering, bite-sized eats pair perfectly with Homemade Hemp Seed Ranch and Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries. This meal provides endless flavor with a health-boosting twist!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
The Best Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are Vegan and Gluten-Free! It’s the perfect way to enjoy a party-time favorite in a way that is meatless and a bit healthier! These “wings” come together so easily and perfectly you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried crispy cauliflower wings before.
Let’s jump into this recipe and I’ll show you step-by-step how to make Cauliflower Wings!
What Do You Need to Make Cauliflower Wings?
Initially, you will need to make the batter. Similar to Fried Chicken Buffalo Wings, a battered coating is necessary to get the perfect crispy exterior. Not only does the batter help create a crispy crust, but it is also packed with tons of flavor that make these Cauliflower Wings so drool-worthy.
This batter is dairy-free and gluten-free (because you know, that’s how I do)! You can easily substitute using regular flour and milk if you are not dairy and gluten averse.
For the batter you’ll need:
- Almond milk (or other non-dairy milk. Regular milk, substitute works well)
- Gluten-Free All Purpose (Bob’s Red Mill works best)
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt (or Himalayan Salt)
- Ground pepper
Simply mix the ingredients for the batter in a medium bowl until it is thick and clump-free. Then, you will coat the cauliflower florets in the batter, making sure all sides are evenly coated.
Make sure to remove excess batter from the cauliflower. You do not want to leave too much liquid on the sheet tray because the cauliflower will stick, which increases the likelihood of the cauliflower becoming mushy instead of crispy.
Line your baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat. Parchment paper does not hold up well to this saucy recipe.
The Buffalo Sauce
While the cauliflower is completing its first round in the oven, take this time to prepare the buffalo sauce. Use your favorite buffalo sauce. I love Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce, it has the perfect spicy, tangy flavor.
To prepare the buffalo sauce you will need to melt a bit of butter in a small saucepan. Then you will add the buffalo sauce to the saucepan and whisk well to get the perfect buttery, spicy sauce. If you want to keep this dish dairy-free, my favorite vegan butter is Earth Balance Vegan Butter.
Final Steps in Making Your Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
After the cauliflower has been roasted for 20 minutes, remove the cauliflower from the oven. Using tongs, grab the cauliflower piece by piece and dip it in the buffalo sauce, making sure all sides are evenly coated.
Transfer the cauliflower back to the baking sheet. Next roast for an additional 10 minutes. Then, to get the best golden crust, broil the buffalo cauliflower for 5 minutes.
Your Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are finally ready to enjoy! Garnish with chopped green onions and place a few pieces of celery on the plate for the perfect meal! My Delicious Nutrient-Rich Hemp Seed Ranch is a great sauce for Cauliflower Buffalo Wings and can be made in less than 5 minutes!
I hope you enjoy this Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
Want more delicious Cauliflower Recipes! Try these:
- Spicy Cauliflower Tacos | Vegan + Gluten-Free
- The Best Way To Make Cauliflower Rice | 3 Ways | Vegan + Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cauliflower Tots | Air Fryer or Baked
- Best Baked Orange Cauliflower Wings
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped (approx. 4-5 cups of florets)
- 1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (Bob's Red Mill works best. Can sub regular flour)
- 2/3 cup Almond Milk (or non-dairy milk, can sub regular milk)
- 1/3- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1.25 cup Buffalo Sauce (I like Buffalo Wild Wings Medium Buffalo Sauce)
- 2 tbsp Ghee (Can also use Vegan Butter or Regular Butter)
- Line baking sheet(s) with foil or a silicone baking mat. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients to make the batter: flour, almond milk, water, and spices. (slowly incorporating water until you get a smooth liquid texture.) Whisk well, until the batter has thickened.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite-sized pieces/florets. Toss the cauliflower pieces into the batter until that they are all evenly coated. (Coat 2-3 pieces at a time)
- Transfer the cauliflower florets onto the baking sheet, making sure to leave behind any excess batter. (If you have tongs, they are perfect for transferring the cauliflower)
- Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, prepare the buffalo sauce. In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the ghee/butter. Then, add the buffalo sauce and mix well. Remove the sauce from the heat when the sauce begins to boil, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Using tongs, grab the cauliflower piece by piece and dip it in the buffalo sauce, making sure all sides are evenly coated.
- Place the coated cauliflower on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 425°F. Then, turn the oven to a high broil and broil the cauliflower for 5 minutes, until a crispy golden crust is formed.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Try Hemp seed ranch for a healthy, delicious dairy-free dipping sauce!