Make delicious, healthy carrot cake pancakes (gluten-free & Dairy-free) with this easy recipe! Top with coconut yogurt, almonds, and maple syrup for the ultimate breakfast treat!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
It’s finally Spring!! This winter seemed to last forever, but now it is time to enjoy longer days of sunshine and warm weather! Whenever spring rolls around I like to make fun, vibrant, springtime dishes, like these Carrot Cake Pancakes!
These carrot cake pancakes are the perfect treat to add to your morning meal! They are gluten-free and can easily be made vegan by using flax egg instead of egg. I like to make a large batch and store them in the fridge for an easy go-to breakfast. I simply warm up the pancakes, top them with coconut yogurt and maple syrup, and enjoy a lovely, effortless breakfast! When I am not up for pancakes, but still have a taste for carrot cake for breakfast, I make Carrot Cake Baked Oats.
What You Need To Make These Healthy, Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour: I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- Shredded Carrots: I like to buy pre-shredded carrots to save myself time
- Sugar & Spices: Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Salt, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract
- Non-Dairy Milk: I use Almond Milk, but you can use any dairy or non-dairy milk you like.
- Coconut Oil: Use coconut oil or you can use melted butter
- Eggs: You can use regular eggs or sub with flax egg to make these pancakes vegan.
How to Make Carrot Cake Pancakes (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
- Combine the dry Ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated
- Pour about ¼ cup of the mixture into a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings: almond butter, yogurt, cream cheese, fresh fruit, and nuts!
Substitute Options So That You Can Customize These Carrot Cake Pancakes To Your Liking:
Want Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes? Simply use flax egg instead of a regular egg. (Flax egg = 1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp Water)
Want to use regular flour? You sure can! Simply substitute the all-purpose gluten-free flour with regular all-purpose flour, like this one.
Want To Make These Pancakes Refined Sugar Free? Skip the brown sugar and use coconut sugar for a delicious, warm flavor.
Want Cream Cheese Icing? Simply smear cream cheese on your pancakes! Or, you can make a glaze yourself. Here’s a great recipe to try!
How To Store Any Leftover Carrot Cake Pancakes
You can store your carrot cake pancakes in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat the pancakes, simply place them on a microwave-safe plate and 30-60 seconds, or until warm.
I hope you enjoy these Healthy Carrot Cake Pancakes!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Amazing Pancake Recipes To Try:
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Avocado Blueberry Pancakes
- Healthy Red Velvet Beet Pancakes | Vegan + GF
- Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes | Gluten-Free
- Easy Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
- Easy Blender Moringa Pancakes (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Shredded Carrots (1 large carrot)
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar (can sub coconut sugar or maple syrup)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted (or melted butter)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- butter for the pan
- Peel and grate one large carrot. You'll need 3/4 cup shredded carrot.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the 2 eggs. Then add all of the wet ingredients, including the shredded carrots, to the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add a bit of butter. Then scoop about 1/3 of the batter and pour it into the skillet. Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on each side. (flipping once)
- Serve the carrot cake pancakes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!