Papaya juice is a sweet, smooth tropical beverage enhanced with honey and a splash of lemon juice. This simple 4 ingredient papaya juice recipe is a healthy, tasty way to start the day. It is loaded with Vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants! (This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar free.)
One sip of fresh papaya juice and you’ll feel like you’re lounging on an island. But this creamy, refreshing drink is more than just a treat for your taste buds. Papaya is also great for your health!
I love drinking papaya juice first thing in the morning! It is full of a healthy dose of nutrients that immediately make me feel good. I love the creamy consistency and the light taste.
Reasons This Papaya Juice Recipe Works
- Easy! We aren’t straining or juicing the papaya, just adding 4 ingredients to a high-powered blender and pouring. It’s perfectly creamy every time.
- Nutritious! The health benefits of papaya are exponential. There are no preservatives, just wholesome ingredients.
- Delicious! Raw papaya has a sweet, delicate flavor that is complemented by honey and a pop of fresh citrus flavor.
What is Papaya?
Papaya is a tropical fruit that is native to Central America although they are grown in tropical regions around the world. It is characterized by yellow skin and vibrant orange flesh when it is fully matured and ripe.
Papaya Juice Benefits
- Improves Skin. Papaya has been linked to clearer skin due to its antioxidants. It also contains Vitamin A, which eliminates dead skin cells for a youthful glow.
- Great for Digestion. Papaya is packed with fiber, which promotes regular bowel movements and weight loss. It’s great for gut health because it eliminates toxins in the digestive tract. It also alleviates symptoms of IBS, as well as diarrhea and acid reflux.
- Alleviates Period Symptoms. The fruit contains papain, an enzyme that regulates the menstrual flow and reduces pain from menstrual cramps.
- Boosts Heart Health. The fruit contains Vitamin C which boosts immunity and helps prevent heart disease. The fiber present in papaya reduces cholesterol levels, also lowering the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce Inflammation. Papayas are rich in carotenoids, which can reduce inflammation. Therefore, papayas can alleviate symptoms of arthritis.
- Supports Eye Health. Papaya is touted as one of the best foods for healthy vision. It contains lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that shield the retina from excess light.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ripe Papaya: Remove the skin and seeds before dicing the fruit into small pieces.
- Honey: You can add more to taste in order to sweeten the beverage.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: The citrus flavor brightens the overall taste.
- Cold Water: This is the liquid base of the drink. Add more as needed until you reach your desired consistency.
How to Make Papaya Juice
PEEL & SLICE PAPAYA. Peel the papaya and remove the seeds. Cut the papaya into chunks or slices for easier blending.
BLEND INGREDIENT. Add the ingredients to a blender. Blend on high speed until you achieve a smooth consistency.
SERVE. Finally, pour in glasses and enjoy.
Tips To Nail the Recipe
- Add a bit more water for a smoother consistency
- Blend with ice for a cold drink or place the drink in the fridge for later
- For the best-tasting papaya juice, ensure the papaya is ripe.
- Although the seeds are removed in this papaya juice recipe, they are edible. So feel free to reserve them for other recipes (salad topping, general snacking, seasoning, etc.)
- Remember to remove all of the papaya skin because it is not edible.
- Coconut Water: Blend with coconut water for more electrolytes, hydration, and detoxification
- Spice: Add turmeric or fresh ginger for a touch of warm spice.
- Sweetener Options: You can skip the honey totally or you can opt to use another natural sweetener like agave syrup, maple syrup, or dates.
- If you do not have any lemons, try using lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- Juice: Instead of water, you can use your favorite fruit juice, like guava, pineapple juice, or orange juice, for a sweeter drink.
Papaya juice lasts up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Is it safe to drink papaya juice daily?
Papaya is perfectly safe to enjoy on a daily basis. It’s rich in nutrients and antioxidants that benefit your overall health. However, pregnant people should avoid underripe papaya because it can cause uterine contractions.
What are the benefits of drinking papaya juice early morning?
Drinking papaya first thing in the morning on an empty stomach can be beneficial. Consuming it before eating can help ease digestion throughout the day.
Is it okay to eat green papaya?
The only difference between green papaya and yellow papaya is the maturity of the fruit. Green papaya is papaya that is not yet ripe. The firm white flesh of unripe papaya can be eaten but it must be cooked first. It is often used in Asian cuisine for curries.
I Hope You Enjoy This Papaya Juice Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Healthy Juice Recipes To Try!
- Cantaloupe Juice
- Cucumber and Pineapple Juice (No Juicer Needed)
- Refreshing Honeydew Juice
- Lychee Tea Recipe
- Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water
- 3 cups Papaya skin and seeds removed, diced into small pieces
- 1 tbsp Honey plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Cold Water plus more as needed
- Peel the papaya and remove the seeds. Cut the papaya into chunks or slices for easier blending.
- Add the ingredients to a blender. Blend on high speed until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour in glasses with out without ice and enjoy!