Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water is a refreshing infused water that hydrates, aids digestion, and promotes weight loss. Enjoy a glass first thing in the morning or before or after a meal. (This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and sugar-free.)
Restore, recharge, and revitalize your body with a cup of cucumber lemon ginger water, the ultimate detox drink. Treat your body and your taste buds. Imagine gulping a cool glass of this on a hot summer day. Add this to your daily routine and over time, you’ll reap all the health benefits of cucumber lemon ginger water.
Reasons This Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water Recipe Works
- Tasty Drink! If you struggle with drinking enough water daily, this flavor-infused water is the way to go. It’s delicious and helps you easily achieve your 8 glasses of water a day.
- Easy to Make! This recipe is as simple as steeping the ingredients in water and letting them sit for at least 30 minutes.
- A Nutritious Beverage! The water absorbs the flavor of the ingredients but also the nutrients. This vitamin-rich drink is high in antioxidants, fiber, and minerals like potassium.
Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water Benefits
Cucumber is nearly 95% water so adding this veggie to a pitcher of water makes this drink even more hydrating. This is perfect for replenishing during a workout when you lose water due to sweat. Being hydrated also boosts the metabolism.
Aids in Weight Loss
Staying hydrated helps with losing weight. When you aren’t properly hydrated, your body retains water. Drinking a glass of cucumber lemon ginger water before a meal can suppress your appetite, causing you to eat less. Lemon contains pectin, a soluble fiber that can decrease appetite. The fiber and protein present in chia seeds also helps with weight maintenance.
Supports Gut Health
Experiencing stomach issues? Ginger root assists with indigestion and can help with nausea. Cucumber provides a fiber boost that speeds up waste elimination, helping you avoid constipation. Lemon contains citric acid, which stimulates the liver and the gastrointestinal tract, aiding with digestion.
Improves Immune System
Lemons are high in Vitamin C, which can boost immune health. It helps your body better absorb minerals to maintain general health and repair tissues.
Cucumbers are used in anti-aging products so we already know it’s great for topical treatments but digesting it can also improve skin health. It soothes inflammation and provides a natural glow. Vitamin C (present in lemons) is key to collagen formation.
Chia seeds contain caffeic acid, an antioxidant that fights inflammation. Consuming ginger increases serotonin and dopamine levels, which reduces inflammation.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cucumber: For double the hydration, this ingredient is essential.
- Ginger: This adds a warm, spicy quality to the drink.
- Lemon: Add for a bright burst of citrusy flavor.
- Chia Seeds: This optional ingredient adds even more nutrients and benefits.
- Water: Use filtered water, alkaline water, or mineral water for even more health benefits.
How to Make Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water
- SLICE. Slice the ginger, lemon, and cucumber.
- COMBINE + INFUSE. Add the ingredients to a large carafe or pitcher and fill it with water. Let infuse for at least 30 minutes, 2 hours is ideal or let it infuse in the fridge overnight.
Tips To Nail the Recipe
- Do not leave the infused water unrefrigerated for more than 2 hours.
- Use a glass pitcher. Avoid plastic if possible because lemon can break down plastic, infusing toxic chemicals into your drink.
- If you need to expedite the absorption process, muddle or smash the ingredients before adding them to the water.
- The thinner you slice the ginger, lemon, and cucumber, the faster the water will absorb the nutrients and flavor.
- You can refill the pitcher twice, leaving the ingredients inside. The flavor won’t be as strong but it reduces waste and still tastes yummy.
- BOIL METHOD. You can also boil the water and add it to the pitcher with ginger to infuse the water faster. Let it steep for up to 1 hour, then add the cucumber, lemon, and chia seeds.
- ADD FRESH HERBS. For an even more refreshing taste, include mint or basil. This can steep with the ginger if you choose the boiling method.
- OTHER CITRUS. Instead of lemon, you could use limes or oranges.
- ADD SWEETENER. Add about one teaspoon of stevia extract, agave, maple, or honey for a sweeter beverage.
Cucumber lemon ginger water is best enjoyed within 24 hours. After that, the lemon peel begins to give the water a bitter taste and the nutritional value decreases too. You can also remove any solids using a strainer or sieve to keep the drink in the fridge for up to 2 days.
When should I drink Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water?
For optimal results, this is best enjoyed when you wake up in the morning and before eating. You can also drink it during a workout or just before bed.
Does Cucumber Water help with weight loss?
Although this isn’t an instant remedy, drinking this daily can assist with weight loss.
What are the benefits of lemon, ginger, and cucumber?
There are many health benefits but the top reasons to drink cucumber lemon ginger water are to hydrate, improve gut health, and support weight loss goals.
I Hope You Enjoy This Easy Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Healthy Drink Recipes To Try!
- Digestive Tea
- Cold-Fighting Apple Ginger Tea
- Honeydew Juice
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Sea Moss Smoothie
Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water
- 1 Large Cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 2" Ginger thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds optional
- 8 cups Water
- Slice the ginger, lemon, and cucumber.
- Add the ingredients to a large carafe or pitcher and fill it with water. Let infuse for at least 30 minutes, 2 hours is ideal or let it infuse in the fridge overnight.