This viral Gigi Hadid pasta recipe, also known as spicy vodka pasta, is a rich, creamy, saucy dish spiced with red chili flakes and topped with freshly grated parmesan. This decadent pasta dinner is quick and easy to prepare for the ultimate date night or comfort meal. (This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian.)
If you’re interested in more viral TikTok recipes, try our Accordion Potatoes and Mini Pancake Cereal recipe next!
Spicy vodka pasta, rebranded as Gigi Hadid pasta, is bound to be your new favorite pasta dish! Pile your plate with pasta and plenty of parmesan cheese for a super satisfying meal.
Reasons This Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe Works
- Quick and Easy! Spicy vodka pasta requires simple ingredients and takes less than 20 minutes to make, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
- Restaurant Quality! Gigi Hadid’s spicy vodka pasta went viral for a reason. It’s a luscious, creamy dish that will satisfy your pasta craving without ordering takeout or leaving the house.
- So Versatile! Use your favorite kind of pasta, and make it with or without vodka; the choice is yours and the possibilities are endless!
What is Gigi Hadid Spicy Vodka Pasta?
In 2020, supermodel Gigi Hadid shared how she makes spicy vodka pasta without vodka, in her Instagram story. The recipe was so popular that the classic dish has become synonymous with the celebrity. There are variations of her recipe all over social media, including viral TikTok videos.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Shell Pasta or Penne Pasta: Both varieties hold the creamy spicy vodka sauce well. Remember to reserve 1 cup of pasta water when you drain the water to add to the sauce if needed. Use gluten-free or regular pasta.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Use high quality olive oil or avocado oil
- Small White Onion: The original Gigi Hadid pasta uses red onions but I prefer the sweet flavor of white. Shallots will work too.
- Garlic: I use five garlic cloves because there’s never too much when it comes to garlic!
- Tomato Paste: This concentrated sauce adds acidity to spicy vodka pasta.
- Vodka: Any brand of vodka will do.
- Heavy Cream: For the luxurious, creamy texture, this ingredient is an absolute must. In a pinch, you can use half and half but it won’t have as much body. For a dairy-free option, use Cashew Cream.
- Butter: This enriches the sauce.
- Seasoning: Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Red Chili Flakes: Add this for a spicy kick.
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese: Grate the cheese instead of buying it pre-shredded. It tastes so much better!
- Basil Leaves: Fresh basil is an optional ingredient but it adds a pop of flavor and the aroma is intoxicating. Fresh parsley would be another fragrant option.
How to Make Gigi Hadid Pasta
- COOK PASTA. Prepare pasta according to the package instructions.
- SAUTÉ AROMATICS. Add oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 5-7 minutes before adding tomato paste. Cook until caramelized, about 2-3 minutes.
- ADD VODKA. Then add vodka. Cook until it evaporates, about 3-5 minutes. Next, add heavy cream and bring the mixture to a boil.
- SIMMER. Let it simmer for one minute. Stir continuously as you add noodles, butter, and seasonings. Combine until creamy.
- GARNISH & SERVE. Finally, garnish with basil and serve.
**See Recipe Card Below For More Detailed Instructions
Tips To Nail the Recipe
- Remember to reserve one cup of pasta water in order to thin out the sauce without compromising the flavor.
- Don’t skip the caramelizing step because it really brings out the sweetness of the tomato flavor. This adds a delicious depth of flavor to the dish.
- Watch the sauce closely so that it doesn’t burn.
- Pasta: Spicy vodka pasta or spicy penne alla vodka; use whatever kind of pasta you prefer. Some suggestions include rigatoni, fusilli, spaghetti, and bow ties.
- Fresh tomatoes: Make sure they are ripe.
- Cheese: Instead of parmesan, you can top this Gigi Hadid pasta with mozzarella or burrata.
- Add Protein: For an even heartier meal, toss some protein in the pasta. I suggest using grilled chicken, shrimp, or spicy Italian sausage.
- Vegan Spicy Vodka Pasta: Use full-fat coconut milk or cashew cream instead of heavy cream, vegan butter instead of dairy butter, and omit the parmesan cheese.
- Non-Spicy: Simply omit the red pepper flakes for a nonspicy pasta.
- Vodka Substitute: You can use white wine as a substitute for vodka.
- Alcohol-Free: Vodka adds a bit of acidity to spicy vodka pasta. If you prefer to not use alcohol, use equal parts lemon juice (or lime juice) and apple juice for a similar flavor profile.
What to Serve with Gigi Hadid Pasta
Spicy vodka pasta is a hearty meal on its own but you can round it out with some delicious sides. Try our gluten-free garlic bread and vegan caesar salad for a balanced lunch or dinner.
Store leftover Gigi Hadid pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you are ready to reheat the leftovers, warm them up in a pan over medium-low heat. Add a splash of water or heavy cream if necessary. Continuously stir until it is heated through.
What’s the point of putting vodka in pasta sauce?
Vodka provides flavor and adds to the silky texture of the creamy tomato sauce.
Is the Gigi Hadid pasta healthy?
This pasta is definitely an indulgence. To make this a bit healthier, you can reduce the olive oil, omit the butter and use half and half or cashew cream instead of heavy cream.
How many calories are in Gigi Hadid pasta?
There are 614 calories per serving in this spicy vodka pasta recipe.
I Hope You Enjoy This Spicy Vodka Pasta Recipe!
If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. Leave a quick review & star rating ★ below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! I love seeing my recipes come to life in your kitchen.
More Gluten-Free Pasta Recipes To Try!
- Healthy Veggie Pasta Sauce
- Creamy Dairy-Free Salmon Pasta
- Butternut Squash Pasta
- Creamy Lobster Pasta
- Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Creamy Cajun Pasta
- Cashew Cream Pasta
Viral Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb Shell Pasta or Penne (plus 1 cup reserved pasta water) gluten-free or regular pasta
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small White Onion diced
- 5 Clove of Garlic
- 1/2 cup Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Vodka
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Red Chili Flakes or to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese plus more to taste
- Basil Leaves chopped (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to the package instructions then set aside the drained pasta and one cup of pasta water.
- Add oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 5-7 minutes before adding tomato paste. Cook until caramelized, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add vodka. Cook until it evaporates, about 3-5 minutes. Add heavy cream and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let it simmer for one minute. Stir continuously as you add noodles, butter, and seasonings. Combine until creamy.
- Garnish with basil and serve.